Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baking Soda

cyclist2173 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    Yes it does. No it's not. And no we don't get tested.

Take ANY sodium bicarbonate 30-45 minutes beforee sprint event and it will assist i your muscles performing @ a higher leverl for SLIGHTLY longer.

It doesn't chage your PH level like some of you are arguing; what it does is help buffer the lactic acid that your body produces;thuss letting you go alittle harder than normal.

Lactic acid is the by product of oxygen and energy being burnt in your body.
    My lactic threshold is 178bpm. While i can perform for extended periods @ and above my lactic threshold, taking a buffer agent such as baking soda will help in short sprints where ATP is the main source for enbergy.

Seriously bro...how they gonna test for sodium....you don';t get tested for it, whoever told you that didn't know there ass from there elbow.

Go by some Cytomax drink mix, it's got a buffer agent in it allready; and so do abut 1/2 doxen drink mnixes on the market; none of which are on the WADA list!
    EXACTLY CORRECT!!! Thank you.

9000rpm is offline Member
    Yesterday, I asked a head professor in the chemistry department about this question. He said that without a doubt in his mind, the consumption of any realistic amount of baking soda, ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT alter you blood's pH level and will not give an aerobic performance advantage to an athelete. And by realistic amount, he said that he means that an amount that a human could consume and still be able to perform at whatever they were about to do. So yes, if you ate 10lbs of baking soda, it might alter your pH level. But you would likely die because your stomach would burst.

So you guys are experience the placebo effect. No doubt in my mind, and obviously the mind of a man with a PHD in molecular biology and 20 years of experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information