Thread: Hair loss

mrcgytt is offline New Member

Question Hair loss

Are there any steroids out there that don't cause hair loss? I find that I lose alot when on Test and someone suggested Fina instead and still see gains. Does anyone have a secret method to combat hair loss while cycling?

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Bro don't listen to the idiot who told you fina (tren ) will cause less hairloss. They must be smoking something good lol, acutally tren is one of the worst to take if you are trying to avoid hairloss. The best way to combat hairloss is to use either finasteride or dutasteride along with a topical shampoo. Anavar is known to be pretty light on the hair, but any of the steroids that are DHT derivatives (winny, masteron , etc.) will cause hairloss and finasteride/dutasteride will NOT work on them because they are already DHT derivatives. If you stick to test and maybe so anavar along with finasteride and a topical you should be alright. Hope that helps some.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetPumped
    Bro don't listen to the idiot who told you fina (tren) will cause less hairloss. They must be smoking something good lol, acutally tren is one of the worst to take if you are trying to avoid hairloss. The best way to combat hairloss is to use either finasteride or dutasteride along with a topical shampoo. Anavar is known to be pretty light on the hair, but any of the steroids that are DHT derivatives (winny, masteron, etc.) will cause hairloss and finasteride/dutasteride will NOT work on them because they are already DHT derivatives. If you stick to test and maybe so anavar along with finasteride and a topical you should be alright. Hope that helps some.
    I think the idiot has a point

I lose hair pretty good with Test and Dbol , but Tren had zero effect on my hair, I lost less hair on my Tren cycle than any other...

nvr2bigsnd is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetPumped
    Bro don't listen to the idiot who told you fina (tren) will cause less hairloss. They must be smoking something good lol, acutally tren is one of the worst to take if you are trying to avoid hairloss. The best way to combat hairloss is to use either finasteride or dutasteride along with a topical shampoo. Anavar is known to be pretty light on the hair, but any of the steroids that are DHT derivatives (winny, masteron, etc.) will cause hairloss and finasteride/dutasteride will NOT work on them because they are already DHT derivatives. If you stick to test and maybe so anavar along with finasteride and a topical you should be alright. Hope that helps some.
    finasteride/dutasteride wont help deca either.one of the worst for hairloss IMO

So let me get this straight. Tren is worse then test as far as affecting the hair? And taking Deca and finasteride is a bad thing? What about Deca and topical along with DHT blocker pills? I have access to any type of gear so I just want to know what my alternatives are.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    You have to have test in your cycle...dont even consider running tren by itself as it will cause much worse sides than hairloss.

test you can take a dht blocker and stop the conversion.but with deca it turns to dhn the blocker isnt going to help

test is bad on the hair but you can stop it.deca and winny (the 2 worst for me)there nothing you can do about it

DrugsrGood is offline Associate Member
    Anyone know if there are over the counter remedies...shampoos?

bigbagz is offline New Member

Prescription meds

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2bigsnd
    test is bad on the hair but you can stop it.deca and winny (the 2 worst for me)there nothing you can do about it
    How about Propecia? if you have a drug plan its almost free if the doc gives it to you. Just tell him your hair is thinning and your family history has lots of baldness.

But then again, I'm not a doctor, so I'm not 100% sure Propecia would help against AAS realted hairloss.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think Winny is the worst for hairloss with tren a close second

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Proscar. 1mg per day is supposed to be adequate. If not, I think 5mg is supposed to be a high dose, but could be tolerable. Not only that, but it is supposed to shrink the prostate? That is something that ANYONE, using AAS or not should consider. And of course, the hairloss process can be stopped by blocking the Aromatase enzyme from breaking Test to DHT. You lose hair because there are DHT receptors in the scalp. Just get the Proscar or propecia (finasteride I think) and you'll be fine. If not, you might have to contend with slow gaining gear if you're not willing to contend with the hair loss. I haven't been losing any hair in my Test-E and EQ cycle, but I hear that your body can develope a response to the DHT at any time... even during PCT. Who knows, I'm going to keep the **** on hand. Out of curiousity, how do you notice you're losing much hair. I have a tough enough time keeping the hair from different chicks from accumulating in my bed and incriminating me, let alone monitoring for my own and identifying it. LOL. Does it just come out when you brush your hair? In the shower? And while we're at it, ever find chicks hair wrapped around your nuts? I do sometimes, it baffles me as to how it gets there to be found hours later. LOL. Hope this was funny and helpful.

Lates...

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    Proscar. 1mg per day is supposed to be adequate. If not, I think 5mg is supposed to be a high dose, but could be tolerable. Not only that, but it is supposed to shrink the prostate? That is something that ANYONE, using AAS or not should consider. And of course, the hairloss process can be stopped by blocking the Aromatase enzyme from breaking Test to DHT. You lose hair because there are DHT receptors in the scalp. Just get the Proscar or propecia (finasteride I think) and you'll be fine. If not, you might have to contend with slow gaining gear if you're not willing to contend with the hair loss. I haven't been losing any hair in my Test-E and EQ cycle, but I hear that your body can develope a response to the DHT at any time... even during PCT. Who knows, I'm going to keep the **** on hand. Out of curiousity, how do you notice you're losing much hair. I have a tough enough time keeping the hair from different chicks from accumulating in my bed and incriminating me, let alone monitoring for my own and identifying it. LOL. Does it just come out when you brush your hair? In the shower? And while we're at it, ever find chicks hair wrapped around your nuts? I do sometimes, it baffles me as to how it gets there to be found hours later. LOL. Hope this was funny and helpful.

Lates...
    If you are it is obvious.

swedes is offline Associate Member
    Stay away from Trem and winni. Do some test and maybe eq. use finesteride 1mg per day along with nizoral shampoo and topical spironolactone and maybe some Xandrox-minoxidil.com I think.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    Test + dutasteride + Var + Nizoral = keep hair (for me anyhow)

Tren , Winny, Primo, Masteron , Test (with no 5AR inhibitor) Dbol = lose hair

Duke of Earl, you mentioned Test + dutasteride + Var + Nizoral = keep hair. What is var? And do you use the Nizoral (Im assuming the 2% medicated version) ED? Also, is dutasteride available in Mexican pharmacies?

SHALLA is offline New Member
    I started taking propecia last february to combat mpb, i would've had some serious parking lots by now if anything left at all up there.

What about taking fina and eq? Would that have the same effect as fina while on Deca ?

Logan13 is offline Banned

hairline

I do not have the "vertex" MPB for which all the medications are prescribed to combat. I have the receding hairline problem when on AAS, nothing major, like 3-4 hairs in my hand after shampooing. Will Finasteride help fight the DHT in the hairline while on EQ & test? What about the sexual side effects, anyone experience them?

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    My 2 cents. Been dealing with the hairloss thing for 14 years now.

Popular steroids that are friendly to the hairline or can be controlled:

dbol
    test
    anavar
    eq

Best way to stop hairloss or slow it considerably:

1) DHT blocker - daily (either 1-1.25 mg finasteride/proscar/procpecia or .5mg Avodart/Dutasteride)

2) Topical Growth Stimulant - Minoxidil/Rogaine 5% twice a day

3) Shampoo - Nizoral 1 or 2% active ingredient - use 3-4 times per week, leave on scalp 4-5 minutes.

That's my recipe for success.

Using all three, I would say most people will be able to stop further loss. While they are not proven to re-grow at the hairline I have found they prevent further loss everywhere.

All proven treatments. Don't go buying some BS treatments that are not proven with independent studies. Avocor was sued a few years ago because they actually had minoxidil in the product and did not disclose it.

Also: for propecia/proscar/finasteride all side effects were less than 1 out of 100 people when compared to placebo. Avodart/Dutasteride was closer to 2 out of 100.

propecia/proscar/finasteride has a short half life so any side effects will be reversed after a day or 2. Avodart has a long half life and it may take up to 2 weeks to reverse side effects. All side effects are reversible by stopping.

I never experienced any side effects from either.
    Peace!
    Last edited by sp9; 04-13-2005 at 04:20 PM.

Recklace is offline Associate Member
    When you lose your hair from taking lets say Winny, Primo , or Tren how long does it take to come back? And how much honestly comes out? Maybe a stupid question, just curious

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by Recklace
    When you lose your hair from taking lets say Winny, Primo , or Tren how long does it take to come back? And how much honestly comes out? Maybe a stupid question, just curious
    Coming back I believe is a complete myth. Hairloss from accelrated male pattern baldness is an acceleration of the deteriation of the follicle. Meaning you make it get thinner and have a shorter growth cycle because it had to deal with more DHT than it would have if you had not done AS.

Other people may say different, but once it is gone it is gone. No coming back without transplants. This is why prevention is the key, and since there are proven treatments it's really a shame that people don't use them.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    dbol
    test
    anavar
    eq
    dbol ?? are 5AR blockers effective against Dbol induced hairloss ?
    I didn't think it was......? But I agree with the others (although I hear Eq can mess with some folks hair)

Ps
    What is var?
    - anavar / oxandrolone

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl
    dbol ?? are 5AR blockers effective against Dbol induced hairloss ?
    I didn't think it was......?
    Speaking soley from experience on this one. I have not had any problems.

I have read dbol profiles where it says it causes a raise in test levels. Other people say it does not. When I honestly ask them, "then how does it cause hairloss?", no one will answer me?

I would love to know if it does not raise test which in turn raises dht and can be helped by a dht blocker then what is the hairloss mechanism?

Does it get turned into a dht derivative? Never heard that before..
    Is there some other property of dbol that triggers hair loss?

Hopefully someone will answer but until then I have had no loss using dbol while on a dht inhibitor, minoxidil, and nizoral. I use all three both on and off AS.

As far as EQ again that's just my results. I have heard many say no problems and a few say they have a problem, but I am not sure if it's from the EQ or something else they may be taking, and don't know if they were taking any preventitive measures.

sp9

Logan13 is offline Banned

Thanks Sp9

Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    My 2 cents. Been dealing with the hairloss thing for 14 years now.

Popular steroids that are friendly to the hairline or can be controlled:

dbol
    test
    anavar
    eq

Best way to stop hairloss or slow it considerably:

1) DHT blocker - daily (either 1-1.25 mg finasteride/proscar/procpecia or .5mg Avodart/Dutasteride)

2) Topical Growth Stimulant - Minoxidil/Rogaine 5% twice a day

3) Shampoo - Nizoral 1 or 2% active ingredient - use 3-4 times per week, leave on scalp 4-5 minutes.

That's my recipe for success.

Using all three, I would say most people will be able to stop further loss. While they are not proven to re-grow at the hairline I have found they prevent further loss everywhere.

All proven treatments. Don't go buying some BS treatments that are not proven with independent studies. Avocor was sued a few years ago because they actually had minoxidil in the product and did not disclose it.

Also: for propecia/proscar/finasteride all side effects were less than 1 out of 100 people when compared to placebo. Avodart/Dutasteride was closer to 2 out of 100.

propecia/proscar/finasteride has a short half life so any side effects will be reversed after a day or 2. Avodart has a long half life and it may take up to 2 weeks to reverse side effects. All side effects are reversible by stopping.

I never experienced any side effects from either.
    Peace!
    Thanks SP9.

Thread Information