Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    jimihendryx's Avatar
    jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    183

    Getting a prescription

    Sorry if this question's on here a bunch. I've done a little sifting through and haven't found it. First post.

    I'm looking into a few alternatives. Started out searching for HGH a few days ago and have been reading constantly since. I've had enough trouble already in my life without worrying about illegal activities, so...

    I see that there are are several websites out there which will provide a prescrip in one way or another. Yes, I know one is an advertiser, and I'm not asking about any company in particular. I also see a couple I had come across on the scammer list. I'll leave the legitimacy issue 'till later.

    Right now, I'm just trying to figure out the issues involved with using a legal prescrip for self-administration. Seems there's a few questions in that aspect alone.

    First, has anyone here used one of these services and how did it work? Did you get a prescrip that they fulfilled online? Did they refer you to a local clinic for bloodwork? Something else?

    Second, if you use such a service, it would seem they control the prescrip so you can only order from them, right?

    Third, any age, health requirements or other hurdles in procuring prescrip?

    Fourth, what are long-term issues involved with having such a thing in your medical record? Does such a thing automatically come up whenever someone pulls your records? If so, could this be a problem getting coverage later or have certain claims denied in future for pre existing with HRT on record?

    Fifth, all the same counterfeit problems, etc. associated with any of these sites?

    Fifth, well... anything else I forgot to ask... you get the idea.

  2. #2
    Knightrider's Avatar
    Knightrider is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    218
    bump for info

  3. #3
    jimihendryx's Avatar
    jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    183
    Also:

    I've noted that most of the "get a prescrip here" sites I've looked at offer hgh and test, but not deca , etc.

    I assume this is because the prescrip is for some accepted AMA HRT program, etc. Is there even a legal way to do some sort of bodybuilding stack with prescrip or is it outside the scope of what a prescription could be written for without automatically getting the doc in trouble?

  4. #4
    yenstrol is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    122
    yesssssssssss

  5. #5
    Reptile is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North-east
    Posts
    151
    i looked into a lot of those sites also, where u can allegedly purchase a script.

    seems fishy to me, and it cost a ton.

    find a legit ugl supplier, like british dragon, IP, ect.. it will save u a lot of money, steroids are illegal in the US, and i dont see how a doc would be able to perscribe effective doasages to anyone leagally. I even read some articles on people with aids getting it legally prescribed, but not more than 100 mg's test a week. its a pretty highly coveted drug in this country, so i dont see how any of those sites could be legit, probably just ugls claiming to sell scripts to get extra loot from you. then again i really have no idea but god luck.

  6. #6
    jimihendryx's Avatar
    jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    183
    Prices weren't bad... just not sure about validity... again, most of the looking I've done was related to hgh though... can't say I've investigated the doses vs what people would take for bodybuilding.

    After all the reading I've done lately, though, I've come to a few conclusions:

    HGH might not be for me... I'm bordering on diabetic as it is, and the whole insulin flux thing freaks me out from what I've read lately on HGH.

    While I probably only lived through colledge because of my fear of needles, and I know they are inherently dangerous... it seems that a lot of the pills, etc may actually be MORE harmful... even the over the counter stuff... than properly administered steroids . I may be wrong about that... not sure.

    I was planning on keeping this discussion general, but there's an advertiser here who offers "legal" steroids by getting you into a doctor prescribed situation for test for hypogonadism or some such. Anyone used this or a similar service? How did it work? What were the dosages? Price comparison?

    I guess I'm paranoid about black-market purity as well. I've had a couple friends die from injecting bad drugs back in the day. Nothing's worth that risk. I'd rather pay more to get from legit and approved pharmaceutical lab IF there is a legit way to do it.

  7. #7
    4spain's Avatar
    4spain is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    240
    First off how old you? As this is an important issue when dealing with these doctors.

    Most places oline will refer you to a local lab for blood work & some might require you to get a physical from your GP. Research your local area for any Anti-Aging Clinics before using online resources. You might end up paying higher prices than the black market if your insurance doesn't cover your script, but it is the cost you pay for peace of mind w/ the legal system. If you can't find any in your area, PM & I will refer you to some legit companys that are registered Better Business Bureau.

  8. #8
    jimihendryx's Avatar
    jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    183
    I'm 32.

    I have no insurance right now.

    I am somewhat concerned as to whether having HRT or some such treatment and associated condition in my record may cause insurance problems down the road.

    I'm on all different sides of the insurance issue right now. I have the opportunity soon to get insurance through my employer if I choose... don't know anything else about the coverage though.

  9. #9
    4spain's Avatar
    4spain is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile
    i looked into a lot of those sites also, where u can allegedly purchase a script.

    seems fishy to me, and it cost a ton.

    find a legit ugl supplier, like british dragon, IP, ect.. it will save u a lot of money, steroids are illegal in the US, and i dont see how a doc would be able to perscribe effective doasages to anyone leagally. I even read some articles on people with aids getting it legally prescribed, but not more than 100 mg's test a week. its a pretty highly coveted drug in this country, so i dont see how any of those sites could be legit, probably just ugls claiming to sell scripts to get extra loot from you. then again i really have no idea but god luck.
    The most I have seen a doc perscribe per week is 300 mg a week. My doctor perscribed me HGH/Test & my insurance covered 75% of the cost. I am taking 3iu ed 5/2 & 200mg of Test a week. Perfect for a good cutting cycle, will run it four about 4 - 5 months.

  10. #10
    jimihendryx's Avatar
    jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    183
    Actually never even thought about having insurance pick-up the tab 'till you mentioned it. I guess it's possible that might work out in a few months depending...

    What was total cost? Blood work? etc.

  11. #11
    4spain's Avatar
    4spain is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by jimihendryx
    I'm 32.

    I have no insurance right now.

    I am somewhat concerned as to whether having HRT or some such treatment and associated condition in my record may cause insurance problems down the road.

    I'm on all different sides of the insurance issue right now. I have the opportunity soon to get insurance through my employer if I choose... don't know anything else about the coverage though.
    I would always talk to a doctor first. If you are worried about health & long term insurance. Go to an Anti -Aging clinic their doctors are usually more open minded about these issues and be straight up what you you want to do and tell him about your health issues before you start taking anything.

    By the way what are your goals & stats?????

  12. #12
    The Baron's Avatar
    The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally Posted by jimihendryx
    Sorry if this question's on here a bunch. I've done a little sifting through and haven't found it. First post.

    I'm looking into a few alternatives. Started out searching for HGH a few days ago and have been reading constantly since. I've had enough trouble already in my life without worrying about illegal activities, so...

    I see that there are are several websites out there which will provide a prescrip in one way or another. Yes, I know one is an advertiser, and I'm not asking about any company in particular. I also see a couple I had come across on the scammer list. I'll leave the legitimacy issue 'till later.

    Right now, I'm just trying to figure out the issues involved with using a legal prescrip for self-administration. Seems there's a few questions in that aspect alone.

    First, has anyone here used one of these services and how did it work? Did you get a prescrip that they fulfilled online? Did they refer you to a local clinic for bloodwork? Something else?

    Second, if you use such a service, it would seem they control the prescrip so you can only order from them, right?

    Third, any age, health requirements or other hurdles in procuring prescrip?

    Fourth, what are long-term issues involved with having such a thing in your medical record? Does such a thing automatically come up whenever someone pulls your records? If so, could this be a problem getting coverage later or have certain claims denied in future for pre existing with HRT on record?

    Fifth, all the same counterfeit problems, etc. associated with any of these sites?

    Fifth, well... anything else I forgot to ask... you get the idea.
    Check out the sponsor's link just below your post.

    Different clinics have different standards and practices. Generally, if you are over 40, or have abnormally low test levels, you can get a scrip. Some clinics will perscribe deca , winny, etc,and others maybe only gh and test cream. Shop around.

    All you have to do to maintain confidentiality is not use your insurance and never mention your treatment received from the clinic, and never tell anyone that you are on hrt.

    Generally you will be directed to a lab in your area for a blood test. Nearly always, a pharmacy associated with your clinic will dispense your medication, and you will not be able to shop for a pharmacy, but there are exceptions, I imagine.

    You could also try your own doc, if you are over 40 or have low test levels. If your regular doc writes the scrip, it is likely that you can just fill it at your local pharmacy. It will still be expensive, though. And he might only perscribe cream.

    Generally you will be dealing with a legit, licensed pharmacy, and the meds will be legit.

  13. #13
    jimihendryx's Avatar
    jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    183
    thx.

    Great info.

    The reason I'm asking about these internet sites is they appear to be just lead generating mechanisms... they want as many people as possible to leave their info, then I guess their sales dept or whatever calls...

    I'm 32, so definitely under 40. Also, I don't know that my test levels are low. I definitely got the impression from the sponsored link that they would refer me for blood tests or whatever. I've seen other sites though that basically implied that if you pay them, you've got the scrip and that's that. One even guaranteed it. Said $85 one time lifetime scrip fee and that gets you a $50 gift cert for the products. Others seemed similar.

    I know there's a lot of disillusioned young doctors out there with a lot of student loans to pay off, so it seems feasible to me that at least some of these do have actual md's who will write real scrips which would at least indemnify the user.

    Now, if they have strict age req's, get bloodtests, etc... that's a whole other ballgame. Seems they've covered themselves in those cases. Also can probably give real medical advice based on your file, etc.

    Anyone used any of these guaranteed scrip type websites?

    My stats? 6ft 180lbs 32yrs. I used to be insanely physically active, workout every day, dance all night every night... it's been a while. I've gotten horribly out of shape, and my hormone levels have dropped dramatically. They feel horribly low to me, but maybe it's just my expectation based on my past. Sex drive just about gone. I've gotten back into the gym for the last month, and it's helping, but my energy level is WAY below a few years ago.

    That's life maybe? Dunno... but that's what got me looking into hgh. I took some precursers along with androstenediol a few years back and had a 24 hour boner. Ahh... the good old days.

    After all the reading I've done, though... I'm thinking more along the lines of hitting the weights for a while then maybe some sort of test stack... dunno... still researching. Not looking to become a linebacker. I hit pubertly really late, though... didn't get the first hair on my chest 'till I was 21. Even though I was 25 at the time, I swear Andro helped drop my voice and such a bit... Like maybe it was finishing what mother nature was dragging out.

    Anyway, I'd like to bulk-up a bit, but mainly I want to feel young again... to have more energy, and be in great shape. The bulk is a plus, but it's not the main goal.

  14. #14
    The Baron's Avatar
    The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally Posted by jimihendryx
    Also:

    I've noted that most of the "get a prescrip here" sites I've looked at offer hgh and test, but not deca , etc.

    I assume this is because the prescrip is for some accepted AMA HRT program, etc. Is there even a legal way to do some sort of bodybuilding stack with prescrip or is it outside the scope of what a prescription could be written for without automatically getting the doc in trouble?
    Some guys go to two different docs... normal hrt dosages x2 = light bodybuilding doses.

  15. #15
    jimihendryx's Avatar
    jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    183
    Ouch. I could see where that could get real pricey real fast.

  16. #16
    Scrub is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    504
    I got a prescription from one of these anti-aging clinics. The one I went through does sell Deca but it is listed as its compound name, nandrolone decanoate. The only bad thing about going through one of these places is that you have to get your juice through them. It was a fairly easy process but I did need to get blood work done. It was also pretty pricey, but overall I was pleased with my experience.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •