SensP is offline Associate Member

Cigarettes and AAS

Are they any people here who smoke cigs while on cycle? If so, do you think it affects your gains?

Yes, I know smoking is stupid. I quit for like 5 years and unfortunately picked up the habbit again a couple of months ago. Aside from decreased appetite for some (not a problem for me), shortness of breath during strenuous activity and higher blood pressure (which are all bad things, I realize), do cigarettes actually limit gains due to chemical interactions? Higher estrogen? Limitations on protein synthesis? Anything like this?

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    only thing i could suggest is dont smoke for atleast an hour before and after ur workout. it limits oxygen to ur muscle. but besides that i cant think about anything,

Luke_Skywalker is offline Junior Member
    5 years and you picked it up again??? I would be home free if I could quit for a year.

I'm guessing, but I would say that the only way it will limit your gains lies in the fact that you can't excercise as hard. I smoke too and notice that it limits me to a certain degree.

We need to quit these rotten things.

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    bro make the leap stop smoking
    i did and damm i feal a whole lot better

Yeah...I think I'm going to try one those patches. I can get them for free from my university's clinic. I don't think it will be too hard to give it up. 5 years ago I was a 2 pack a day smoker and gave up cold turkey. It's only been the last couple months, since I've been hanging around this chick...

But...also read an interesting post on this forum from a while back that said nicotine is actually one of the best estogen inhibitors out there. Supposedly stronger than anit-e's like arimidex . So...maybe it could help to stay on some form of nicotine (if not tobbaco products, then maybe the patch or the gum) at least through pct?
    Last edited by SensP; 05-22-2005 at 10:21 AM.

*bump*

So...what do you guys think of the idea of nicotine as an anti-e? Anyone else heard of this?

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    wouldnt suggest it as an anti e. i havent heard anything about it, and without real scientific facts u shouldnt even bother. just get some real anti e's.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    doesn't smoking raise your blood pressure? as does using gear. i wld think that combo can't be very good.

PrimoPup is offline Associate Member
    I been a cigar smoker for 10 years only about 2 or 3 a week, then when i got hurt 3 years ago i started on Cigs. Well my wife was pleading with me to quit them, but when she told me she was pregnant out they went, yes it was hard the first two weeks especially, but after that was a cake walk. Do not get me wrong i still every once in a while see someone on TV smoking and say to myself hmmm that looks good, but all i have to do is look at my son and say on second thoughts it does not look that good. Fug the patch if you have to use a patch to quit you never will, "JUST SAY NO", you pump iron, time to show that will power.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_Skywalker
    5 years and you picked it up again??? I would be home free if I could quit for a year.

I'm guessing, but I would say that the only way it will limit your gains lies in the fact that you can't excercise as hard. I smoke too and notice that it limits me to a certain degree.

We need to quit these rotten things.

lilguy43 is offline New Member
    I just started smoking again too. stress in iraq is getting to me, my advice when i quit the first time: its all about will power bro no patch, gum or pill will help if you aren't 120% into quitting yourself they are just aids to help in the effort. and yes I have also read don't smoke or use any tabacco product for one hour b4 and after because it restricts what you can get to your muscles. I too am on the verge of qutting again but my head isn't fully in that game yet so I am going to wait til it is. Oh and one more point women out there are finding it more and more unnattractive so if that is one of your concerns it maybe more motivation to quit

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quitting is a bitch. I smoked twenty years. Finally got hooked on gum (better than smokes) and finally, finally quit.

Smoking is just plain bad for you. You know it, I know it and the f*cking tobacco companies know it.

If you want an anti-e, take one. Want to shorten your lifespan, smoke.

Just plain poison (but it is so nice with a cold beer and good company... just one, doesn't mean I am a smoker, just one, ok, another one, then I'll throw away the pack, this is my last pack... sh*t is worse than heroin!)

itsjinx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    Quitting is a bitch. I smoked twenty years. Finally got hooked on gum (better than smokes) and finally, finally quit.

Smoking is just plain bad for you. You know it, I know it and the f*cking tobacco companies know it.

If you want an anti-e, take one. Want to shorten your lifespan, smoke.

Just plain poison (but it is so nice with a cold beer and good company... just one, doesn't mean I am a smoker, just one, ok, another one, then I'll throw away the pack, this is my last pack... sh*t is worse than heroin!)
    LOL. amen.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Just STOP! I really don't understand how someone with a bodybuilder's mentality could let a nicotine addiction run their life and ruin their health. You don't need faggy patches or pills or phony cigarettes. You need to take the pack in your hand and THROW IT IN THE TRASH, along with every other pack or carton you own, and never buy, borrow, or accept another one. It really is that simple. TOSS them. Don't give them away... that signifies that they have value. They have no value except as a poison for your worst enemy. THROW THEM AWAY, NOW. You can't "try" to quit smoking. That doesn't work. When you say "try", you are being self-defeating, admitting the possibility, even probability, that you will fail. That admission ensures that you will fail.

It truly is a matter of simply STOPPING. If you don't light up again, you have quit, so just don't light up. Don't have any tobacco. Don't buy any. Don't ask for any or accept any or pick any up that is laying around.

It helps to stay away from other smokers, and especially out of bars. But the real thing is having made the decision not to "try" to quit, not to buy patches or gum or whatever, but to simply NOT SMOKE AGAIN, EVER. Trust me... this method is the easiest and most effective. You will be miserable, and you will want a cigarette every 5 minutes. But do you wuss out like that doing squats or stiff-leg deadlifts? Do you wuss out like that when you are cutting and you see that delicious Ben and Jerry's in the grocery store? Come on... where are your balls? Are you a man, or something less than that? JUST STOP. It is the best way.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    dont smoke on a cycle, PERIOD!

pot, cigars, ciragettes, pole, etc . . .

Thread Information