Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member

If DHT hypertrophies the sebacious gland ...

Then a DHT drug like proscar could help with acne? Why does acne get worse at the END of a cycle?

Also, why more Nolvadex at the end of a cycle and for PCT?

If it's ill advised to run Accutane during a cycle, is it just as bad to use it during PCT?

If accutane atrophies the sebacious gland, does that mean its affects are permanently reversed when DHT enlarges them?

elite2kr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    Then a DHT drug like proscar could help with acne? Why does acne get worse at the END of a cycle?

Also, why more Nolvadex at the end of a cycle and for PCT?

If it's ill advised to run Accutane during a cycle, is it just as bad to use it during PCT?

If accutane atrophies the sebacious gland, does that mean its affects are permanently reversed when DHT enlarges them?
    run accutane before the cycle as well, and continuing nolva is for safty unless you want some breast

Bump!

j martini is offline Member
    Gyno and acne post cycle are more likely as you hormones are out of whack.
    Estrogen levels post cycle will actually be lower than during cycle as most estrogen in the body is caused by the aromatization of testosterone . So as testosterone levels will be suppressed during this time estrogen levels will likely be lower than even before the cycle.

Most likely is than the ratio of estrogens to androgens that is most relevant to the formation of gyno, not necessarily the amount of estrogen present.
    Androgens and estrogens play opposing roles in the growth of mammary tissue, and simply lowering the level of androgenic activity can be a trigger of this condition.
    This is why the use of an anti e like nolva is recommended post cycle.

So androgens actually help fight gyno? Interesting. I guess what I'm curious about is this... Will a DHT blocker like proscar potentially reduce DHT and concomitantly reduce acne?

j martini is offline Member
    That i do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    So androgens actually help fight gyno? Interesting.
    No...you're half right. Non-aromatizing androgens could help fight gyno. All of the ancillaries we use (Nolvadex , Arimidex , etc...) are used to fight breast cancer...and so are alot of the DHT-based steroids as well. Thats why there's some speculation that they can be used for this purpose (Masteron , etc...would be appropriate choices).

HOOKER! Whats up man? :-)

So, will Proscar keep my sebaceous glands from hypertrophying or not?

Maybe, maybe not...Proscar actually only blocks one of the 5A-Reducatse isozymes. It blocks the type-2 one, which is the one found primarily in prostate tissue and the scalp. The type-1 isozyme is more responsible for acne and hirsuitism.

Is there an anti DHT that targets that?

Well....finasteride may still work...

But if not, try rubbing Nizoral on your acne. Also....resist the urge to ask me about Nizoral....do a search.

Hook, I'm not lazy... I do research brothu. Sometimes you just have angles that aren't easily found, or require putting a lot of information together... and the more you know, the more you're capable of knowing whats BS and whats worth mentioning.

I realize that...but as soon as I mentioned Nizoral, you would have asked about it, right? Alot of times people think that I'm mentioning something for the first time...when I'm not...and I've written about it before...

Its cool... so long as there are no strong and reasonable objectives, I'm thinking of trying accutane during PCT, ordering it on Monday is actually the plan...

And maybe I would have, I can't really say now. Now that we're discussing it I'm biased and all fu(ked up... LOL. But I have to admit there's at least a 40% chance you're right. Depends on whether I was feeling patient or not. Because searching is always faster...

Thread Information