Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    j martini is offline Member
    Im more worried about my liver, and if im out drinking im missing meals, sleep, recovery time and low energy levels for days afterwards.
    But if you are a recreational bodybuilder and not competitive i see no reason to not have a drink if its it controled and on special occasions.

hell drink or dont drink....its your a$$ ....some people drink and dont get affected, people do risky things all the time its basically like playing russian roulette...hell i have one or two while on cycle

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I'm going to have a drink right now as a matter of fact. By the way...I'd like to note that the study presented by alpha male isn't really relevant to this question. If you are on decent a cycle, you're already suppressing 100% of your endogenous testosterone. Smiler is totally correct in his asessment, there.

it s not about surpressing ur test levels, it s about ****ing up ur kidneys, getting high blood pressure, dehydrating and arteriosclerose. if u drink on a cycle u r stupid period. u can have a beer or two but don t drink heavily. u won t see the problems in a few weeks but in a few years when some of u will need coronary stenting or a bypass...

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    it s not about surpressing ur test levels, it s about ****ing up ur kidneys, getting high blood pressure, dehydrating and arteriosclerose. if u drink on a cycle u r stupid period. u can have a beer or two but don t drink heavily. u won t see the problems in a few weeks but in a few years when some of u will need coronary stenting or a bypass...
    true very true

mtown is offline Junior Member
    used to drink alot, but have really cut it out, and its so nice waking up every day feeling great, instead of hungover. i just couldnt take that anymore. i never got anything done the next couple of days. plus i wasted a shitload of money in the process.

Habanero is offline Junior Member
    Beer is proof that God loves us - how can we turn our backs on God by ignoring his greatest gift to us. Those who abstain from drinking are sinners and are headed straight to hell. As for me, I'll have another. Cheers.

Habanero is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    Yeah, but those same people may have run into those problems anyway. Alcohol actually lowers cholesterol levels due to its thinning of the blood. Also - what gear you are running makes a huge difference. It is one thing to be injecting just an oil based test at 300-500 mgs./week and drinking - it is quite another to be jamming anadrols or other orals down and using winstrol , dbol , and the like. I think I read that drinking while on an injectable test did not significantly increase your risks of health problems (any more than drinking by itself already does).

Danesy is offline New Member

for gods sake dont drink

Has this ever happened or anything similar ever to any of you guys.

I started a new course of Testex this Monday just gone, went home done my jab then went to the gym, just a normal day really, on my way home from the gym I was driviving along and I see a old mate in the local beer garden, thought to my self 1 beer cant hurt, so I had a pint and bought him one too, he felt obligied to buy me one back,. After 2 beers I hads the taste for it, We went on quite a heavy session consuming 10 - 12 beers (pints of Wifey) anyway, woke up groggy on tuesday morning thought I would just work it off, by wednesday afternoon I was in such a bad way I was taken to hospital where I was told I had a kidney and liver infection, the symptons were hurting to piss, constant headaches, no concentration what so ever, blurred vision, only have energy for about 3 hours a day, ratty, snappy, and flemmy cough, If anyone else has ever had anything like this I would like to hear about it. My geezer who gets my gear for me did warn me that this particular testex is as about savage as it comes.

You dont wanna feel as bad as I have , never drink while on gear

Danesy

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danesy
    Has this ever happened or anything similar ever to any of you guys.

I started a new course of Testex this Monday just gone, went home done my jab then went to the gym, just a normal day really, on my way home from the gym I was driviving along and I see a old mate in the local beer garden, thought to my self 1 beer cant hurt, so I had a pint and bought him one too, he felt obligied to buy me one back,. After 2 beers I hads the taste for it, We went on quite a heavy session consuming 10 - 12 beers (pints of Wifey) anyway, woke up groggy on tuesday morning thought I would just work it off, by wednesday afternoon I was in such a bad way I was taken to hospital where I was told I had a kidney and liver infection, the symptons were hurting to piss, constant headaches, no concentration what so ever, blurred vision, only have energy for about 3 hours a day, ratty, snappy, and flemmy cough, If anyone else has ever had anything like this I would like to hear about it. My geezer who gets my gear for me did warn me that this particular testex is as about savage as it comes.

You dont wanna feel as bad as I have , never drink while on gear

Danesy
    it sounds like you might have just mixed two combinations of things that did just not work for your body. i think in most cases many people would not have a similar reaction. but you are right about it not being wise to drink on cycle as it is hard for me to just have 1-2 drinks. that doesn't sound like a good expierence to me. hope your feeling better now.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    what is testex?

I don't really do orals much anymore...but like I said, I drink all the time.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to note that the study presented by alpha male isn't really relevant to this question. .
    i was responding directly to the statement that drinking lowers test levels...

I don't really do orals much anymore...but like I said, I drink all the time.
    i actually stopped orals just so i could continue my beer consomption. i love that bud select stuff mmmm. anyways i used to drink vodka like a fish, really. i think my body is much better off with gear n beer. the only drawback i notice is that i have to force myself to eat while im drinking. also i force myself in the gym the next day, i make myself train harder and sweat like a pig day after drinking. yea probably not good for us but what is that we do?

got fina? is offline Member
    If u where to test bacardi for carbs u prob wouldnt find any.
    But Bacardi has alcohol which transforms into carbs in the body. One of the reasons why i think diabetics arent supposed to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by got fina?
    If u where to test bacardi for carbs u prob wouldnt find any.
    But Bacardi has alcohol which transforms into carbs in the body. One of the reasons why i think diabetics arent supposed to drink.
    what??? hmmm also i didnt know diabetics couldnt have carbs...huh?

it's friday afternoon, certainly most of us are done lifting for the week and crackn a cold one no? how many will you down this weekend? feel guilty?

man, like i said, i reserve a few beers for Sundays only, cuz of my RA medz...so unfortunatelly, NOT ME

bigtwin is offline Associate Member
    i find when i drink on cycle, even just 6 beers, i am usually double as hungover as i should be. i try and lay off of it, but its hard when everyone else has a drink, a few beer wolnt hurt but dont go overboard. your liver/kidneys are stressing on the juice already.

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    it's friday afternoon, certainly most of us are done lifting for the week and crackn a cold one no? how many will you down this weekend? feel guilty?
    Well i wont i have'nt had a night out in 18 months. I will spend the evening in front of the computer with my chicken and rice.

Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    Well i wont i have'nt had a night out in 18 months. I will spend the evening in front of the computer with my chicken and rice.
    and chicken in hand, chocking it? lol just kiddn

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    this question has always bugged me as i often attempt to drink as much as i can without hurting my long term goals bodybuilding. i have read a couple things, anyway tell me if im wrong or not because i read this a while back...

dark beer- 170+ calories, 20g carb
    light beer- 60-120 calories, very little carb
    vodka- 120 per shot, carbs depend on brand
    wine- 45-85, depending on which kind
    1 alcohol gram= 7 calories
    anyway all the alcohol grams make up the majority of light beers. now, do we know if alcohol grams have the tendency to convert into fat storage, or do they mostly get digested? anyway, ive been confused because i have like 7-8 four days a week. only suggestion i would say is drink wine, it may suck but it has the least amount of calories.

rager is offline Member
    My god all this drinking talk makes me want to go sock a twelver down like nothing right now. Do I drink on Cycle? Yes .. Of course!!!! The only thing that stops me is I want to have my Shttt together for the next days workout. Ever notice how a good workout knocks the cob webs out from a good hanger... Drink on baby

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm going straight to my softball game after work that starts at 8pm. i'll be in the parks bar at 6pm. i'm not on cycle so i'm not worrying about much this weekend but having fun. i'll be wishing i didn't drink this weekend come monday morning though. you d@mn east coasters are off work all ready and i'm still in the office for another 3 hours.

kind of a long read, but very informative, and interesting...

http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/publication...-3/220-231.pdf

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Habanero
    Beer is proof that God loves us - how can we turn our backs on God by ignoring his greatest gift to us. Those who abstain from drinking are sinners and are headed straight to hell. As for me, I'll have another. Cheers.
    ha ha. remember that story about jesus turning water into wine to keep the party going, when they ran out of booze.. man, what a great guy.

Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Im a pretty heavy drinker when im off anything, whether it be cycle, or prohormone. As for drinking while im on anything, my general rule of thumb is to not drink at all because of the bad effects of alcohol on your test levels, and the detriment to muscle growth. However syaing im going to go 10 weeks without a sip of alcohol is stretching it considering I work at a bar, and go to a bar to play crads every night after im done working.
    Generally if i do drink, its no more than 3 jack and diet cokes, or maybe a few vodka tonics

and chicken in hand, chocking it? lol just kiddn
    Done that twice already today and im off cycle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information