06-27-2005, 10:49 AM #1
Irritation, natural reaction, infection, or paranoia?
That is the question. I have read a lot of these questions, and have formulated my own opinion, I just want to know what a few others with more experience think.
Situation: shot (25 gaX1inch) 1.5 cc prop into my right quad in the morning 6/25/05. No problems at injection, no pain, no blood. Muscle got tighter, and tighter all day with mild irritation increasing throughout the day. Bad at night, but better when I was stretching it. Yesterday, it hurt. Swelling about 1 inch above injection site and under the tatoo that I have on my right hip. Worse at night. Last night, and this morning, swelling and stiffness to the point that my right leg doesn't walk so well. Seems to be subsiding a little as the day goes on. I have been heating it, and after I did some research, that probably caused more problems than good, though it felt better at the time.
I was going to go to a clinic, or call a doc for some antibiotics, but I keep reading that I should wait 5 days. The site is NOT red, but is swollen and hard. Mild warmth, but not hot. 2 questions:
1 - Would you wait to get on meds, or am I better safe than sorry?
2 - Should I do a deltoid shot today, or stop the cycle, head to PCT, and recover for another cycle in the fall?
BTW, I am shooting prop EOD, not ED. Thanks in advance for any opinions
06-27-2005, 11:35 AM #2
eod should be fine,and id carry on the course,get plenty of hot baths and massage the quad after each shot.
06-27-2005, 11:55 AM #3
I am starting to think that you are right, but I don't like taking unknown chances. Have you had what I am describing?
06-27-2005, 12:24 PM #4
Bump for another opinion, or if I have to make an appointment
06-27-2005, 01:27 PM #5
anybody else help on this?
06-27-2005, 02:18 PM #6
well, i never shot prop into my quad, but that happened to me in my glute on a number of occasions...i chalked it up to, well, just cuz it was prop
IMO, you should be fine, but you know your body better than anyone, if you think you need to go to the doc, hell, make an appt...
06-27-2005, 02:52 PM #7
I would wait a few days more, chances are good the welling will go down. If it doesnt, if it gets worse than it is now, after a few days, I'd see a doc. Better safe than sorry.
06-27-2005, 03:12 PM #8
Thanks guys, that is what I am going to do.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)