Montgomery is offline Associate Member

How can you tell you're retaining water?

I've not done an anabolic cycle yet but I've had pretty good success with creatine and other OTC stuff. When I'm on creatine I put on water weight, but the only way I know is that when I stop taking it I lose 5 + pounds in a few days even when I continue to train hard. When I'm at my heaviest, I can't really tell I'm carrying all that water; I still look as dense as ever. I'm about to start my first cycle and I'm wondering if there's a surefire way to tell that you're retaining water so I can combat it.

Thanks bro's

Montgomery

jump up and down, if it jiggles its fat, if it doesnt and you still cant see abs then its water

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    your face will be "fatter" looking

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually creatine is simiar to AAS when it comes to water retention. Creatine forces water into the muscles which creates a fuller look and increased strength due to leverage. Test aromatases into estrogen which retains water in the body. Creatine is a designer supplement for sure. I get bad headaches on creatine so I can't use it. I think it has to do with insulin levels? I'm not sure?

On AAS (high androgens) the main reason for excessive water retention is the conversion of test into estrogen - aromatase. So you may want to purchase some nolva or lethro from our good people at AR if you think it'll be problem. You should list what drugs you're projecting to use. Higly androgenic compounds like dbol will probably bloat ya. Personally, I wouldn't worry about bloat while on if you're diet is good. A little bloat is beneficial in my book for max size and strength. A good diet with cardio will get rid of extra water during PCT fast. A poor diet wil make you fat, not watery.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery
    I've not done an anabolic cycle yet but I've had pretty good success with creatine and other OTC stuff. When I'm on creatine I put on water weight, but the only way I know is that when I stop taking it I lose 5 + pounds in a few days even when I continue to train hard. When I'm at my heaviest, I can't really tell I'm carrying all that water; I still look as dense as ever. I'm about to start my first cycle and I'm wondering if there's a surefire way to tell that you're retaining water so I can combat it.

Thanks bro's

Montgomery

ur face will have a puffy, bloated look. i also check my ankles to see if im retaining. if your ankles appear to be swollen... then u are retaining water
    Last edited by w_rballs; 08-08-2005 at 11:33 AM.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I can really never tell when i am holding water, even when I know that I am, but when I look at pic taken of me i can see me double chin alot better than looking in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone
    your face will be "fatter" looking
    Hehe...I had a ex-roommate/friend about 12 or so years ago that use to take a lot of Sten. That was all he could get at the time. I hated that shit cuz it makes you look crappy. Especially when our diets weren't that great back then. We use to call him "Sten Face" cause his face looked bloated and round. We also called him "The Waist" because of a larger waist size due to water retention as well. It's hard on the heart as well to carry excessive water for an extended amount of time.

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    Thanks bro's. I'll be taking a lighter cycle of test 350mg/week for weeks 1-6 and winny 225mg/week for weeks 1-8. I've got enough nolva and clomid to choke rosie o'donnell. I was just wondering if I'm prone to water retention since I get it from just creatine, but sounds like they have similar effects. I hope I don't turn into a greazy narwhal while on. I may have to tap into my hips and drain a little, haha.

SpiderRico is offline Member
    i would say your muscles have that smooth look to them not much definition and the face thing is a major way to tell its weird seeing pics of yourself when your on a cycle holding water then off a cycle..

Yeah, I saw a pic when I was 235lbs on test and my face looked terrible. My shoulders and traps were huge but my face was ugly as hell.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i seem to get it in my wrists and calves/ankles

i have to ajust my watch strap cos it keeps popping off

get it in my face and neck too
    it aint that pretty

Your back is huge g-force. Your lat spread looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Your back is huge g-force. Your lat spread looks awesome.

thanks buddy

my back is my best body part - my chest is lagging

rager is offline Member
    when your woman says you look fat

Quote Originally Posted by rager
    when your woman says you look fat

yeah they do that dont they

bless 'em

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery
    Thanks bro's. I'll be taking a lighter cycle of test 350mg/week for weeks 1-6 and winny 225mg/week for weeks 1-8. I've got enough nolva and clomid to choke rosie o'donnell. I was just wondering if I'm prone to water retention since I get it from just creatine, but sounds like they have similar effects. I hope I don't turn into a greazy narwhal while on. I may have to tap into my hips and drain a little, haha.

first off only 6 weeks of test? even if u are running prop that isnt long enough. and 8 weeks of winny is too long IMO. what ester are u planning on running of the test? and with that dose of winny im assuming u arent gonna be running it ED? cause if so just a litte FYI... winny needs to be run ED

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by w_rballs
    first off only 6 weeks of test? even if u are running prop that isnt long enough. and 8 weeks of winny is too long IMO. what ester are u planning on running of the test? and with that dose of winny im assuming u arent gonna be running it ED? cause if so just a litte FYI... winny needs to be run ED

i agree

Thread Information