Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 35 of 35

Thread: money transfer

  1. #1
    schico28's Avatar
    schico28 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    108

    money transfer

    Any body knows how the western Union money transfer works? and were can I go to do it in the US?

  2. #2
    znak's Avatar
    znak is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Back in from the Cold
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by schico28
    Any body knows how the western Union money transfer works? and were can I go to do it in the US?
    If you have a credit card, do it on line. Otherwise, let your fingers do the walking.

  3. #3
    Tarkanian's Avatar
    Tarkanian is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    91
    Just go to any Western Union outlet you can find & as long as you have the name of the person & the city/country you want to wire the money to, its easy as that. The person there will walk you through it. I find its the best way..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,796
    Check your phonebook to find an agent.

  5. #5
    Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Compton
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    If you have a credit card, do it on line. Otherwise, let your fingers do the walking.
    whoa... not for buying gear i wouldnt.. paper trail my friend.. Go to the local grocery stores they usually do it.. NO ID usually depending on amount or when its sent..

  6. #6
    znak's Avatar
    znak is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Back in from the Cold
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    whoa... not for buying gear i wouldnt.. paper trail my friend.. Go to the local grocery stores they usually do it.. NO ID usually depending on amount or when its sent..
    I wouldn't worry about a paper trail. Typically, you wire money to John Doe in Zimbabwe and you get a package for Peter Miller from Berlin. They have shells and cut out inside their organization to protect themselves.

  7. #7
    Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Compton
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    I wouldn't worry about a paper trail. Typically, you wire money to John Doe in Zimbabwe and you get a package for Peter Miller from Berlin. They have shells and cut out inside their organization to protect themselves.
    ok.. typically your credit card has your name attached to it with your mailing address and your IP thru your computer could be logged also.. what do i know..

  8. #8
    znak's Avatar
    znak is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Back in from the Cold
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    ok.. typically your credit card has your name attached to it with your mailing address and your IP thru your computer could be logged also.. what do i know..
    They can trace your card and address to John Doe and can trace your IP to Peter Miller. They have to trace John Doe to Peter Miller to close the loop, which is not going to happen for a couple hundred bucks, because there is normally at least one person between them.

    I agree that caution is a good thing.

  9. #9
    Roid Rage's Avatar
    Roid Rage is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ontario - GTA
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by schico28
    Any body knows how the western Union money transfer works? and were can I go to do it in the US?

    Wow you didn't even try did you? "western union" and call the 1-800 number? man...

    RR

  10. #10
    Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Compton
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    They can trace your card and address to John Doe and can trace your IP to Peter Miller. They have to trace John Doe to Peter Miller to close the loop, which is not going to happen for a couple hundred bucks, because there is normally at least one person between them.

    I agree that caution is a good thing.
    hmm.. doesnt john doe's card have john doe's address linked to it?? the package can say peter miller but they will be doing a controlled delivery to john doe residence regardless.. the name means nothign when they come to your door and hand it to you. to inconvenience yourself by leaving the house to make a WU transfer is worth not having extra evindence when you get caught. Just my .02
    Last edited by Deezuhl; 08-09-2005 at 07:21 AM.

  11. #11
    8-MAN's Avatar
    8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hazard County
    Posts
    404
    don't do the online thing. it is just another way to get caught. go to a local WU (can be found in many grocery stores, ect) and send funds under a fake name, fake street, but real city and state. if you don't want them to check the reciever's id then fill out the test question area. make sure that you tell them that you filled out the test question. make sure your reciever knows the info that you gave.

  12. #12
    znak's Avatar
    znak is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Back in from the Cold
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    hmm.. doesnt john doe's card have john doe's address linked to it?? the package can say peter miller but they will be doing a controlled delivery to john doe residence regardless.. the name means nothign when they come to your door and hand it to you. even if you send to a friend and they do a controlled delivery to his house you think he wont rat you out?? to inconvenience yourself by leaving the house to make a WU transfer is worth not having extra evindence when you get caught. Just my .02
    You missed my point. You pay A and B send you the gear. There is no tie between A snd B.

    For example, you literally wire the money to Germany, but the gear is sent from Holland. Where is the connection?

  13. #13
    8-MAN's Avatar
    8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hazard County
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    You missed my point. You pay A and B send you the gear. There is no tie between A snd B.

    For example, you literally wire the money to Germany, but the gear is sent from Holland. Where is the connection?
    there is no need for a connection...if they know you ordered gear then they will try a cd. they don't care who it's from, they will just be after you for accepting the package.

  14. #14
    Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Compton
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    You missed my point. You pay A and B send you the gear. There is no tie between A snd B.

    For example, you literally wire the money to Germany, but the gear is sent from Holland. Where is the connection?
    the connection is when an international delivery comes in they can watch for it if that source that is sending you shit is under watch.. Lets put it simple.. why give them any chance of finding out who you are and where you are sending money of you dont have to. its a simple trip to the grocery store. who wants to be in court and the procescution tell you how you got busted and you say " damn how did they knwo that". common sense in my opinion when do things illegal to not leave a trail not even 1 breadcrumb.. Were not exactly buying vitamin c pills here..

    you know who could comment more ont hsi and i know hell be in here for sure if buff87 hes always on top of legal issue..

  15. #15
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    Deezuhl is dead on about using the WU online system with a credit card...

    Say they are watching your source international or domestic... You use
    your credit card to send funds by Western Union and maybe they have
    traced the pack to you and do a Controlled Delivery... Now did you know
    Western Union has a Fraud Dept that is more then happy to work with the
    Feds on issues including money laundering and use of WU for transfer of
    funds for other illegal activities?

    Well now if they pull your credit card records, which is easy enuf for them
    to do they will have record of your Western Union transfer and would have
    more proof that you sent payment for something, say if it's international,
    looks like you might have more explaining to do... I see you sent payment
    to China a few weeks back Mr Joe Blow? What was that for and do you
    have contact info for your friend or associate so we can verify what it
    was for? You think they don't know how it all works? You just provided
    one more piece of evidence for them that way...

    Point is be safer, walk your ass down to a WU agent and do it that way...

  16. #16
    8-MAN's Avatar
    8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hazard County
    Posts
    404
    hey buff, since they have a fraud dept should you still use a fake name/address? If you use a real one do they keep it on their records?

  17. #17
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    They have to many transfer ED to worry about small things. The WU Fraud Dept is more for large level activity. Without getting into it to much, Joe Blow doing a regualar transfer is probably never looked at... Yeah they keep it on record for a period of time, but your not exactly the kind of people they are looking for... Just using a credit card is crazy... No reason to leave a record of doing it that way...

    Quote Originally Posted by 8-MAN
    hey buff, since they have a fraud dept should you still use a fake name/address? If you use a real one do they keep it on their records?

  18. #18
    znak's Avatar
    znak is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Back in from the Cold
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    They have to many transfer ED to worry about small things. The WU Fraud Dept is more for large level activity. Without getting into it to much, Joe Blow doing a regualar transfer is probably never looked at... Yeah they keep it on record for a period of time, but your not exactly the kind of people they are looking for... Just using a credit card is crazy... No reason to leave a record of doing it that way...
    1) Jillions of dollars when to Thailand for the Tsunami Relief Funds
    2) Donating is not illegal and does not have to be documented.
    3) Many countries (among them Russia) will not let you use WU without ID.


    That said, it is obviously better to err on the side of caution, but the chances of anyone using the resources that it would take to track down $300 donation are so close to zero that it is unreal.

  19. #19
    The Baron's Avatar
    The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,999
    If you KNOW that there are cutouts, the risk is small. Proof that you sent money to country A is pretty much circumstantial. For a small package, they want a good solid EASY case to prosecute, unless the initial contact with the suspect leads the LEO to believe that he will fess up with a little bit of pressure. They can't go after the source, so they don't worry about busting the little guy to roll up the big supplier.

    I myself would not use a CC to pay WU, but that is just because it is almost as easy to just pay cash at a WU counter and I like to minimize risk when possible, even tiny little risks. This is a decision that the individual must make, in full consideration of the circumstances of the deal. Watch out for CDs is the main thing and try to get shipping from countries that are not hot.


    --
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Reported repeaters will be offended.
    -The Baron-

  20. #20
    Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Compton
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    1) Jillions of dollars when to Thailand for the Tsunami Relief Funds
    2) Donating is not illegal and does not have to be documented.
    3) Many countries (among them Russia) will not let you use WU without ID.


    That said, it is obviously better to err on the side of caution, but the chances of anyone using the resources that it would take to track down $300 donation are so close to zero that it is unreal.
    I'd like to be as close to zero as possible.. with that said sheer laziness of not going to a local grocery store here in the US is not worth having to pay 5-10k for an attorney.

  21. #21
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    That about sums it up perfect... The only reason to sit on your ass and
    do it from a computer with your credit card is because you're to lazy to
    drive down to a WU agent and do it the right way...

    Some people just never want to listen bro... You know I agree with you
    100%

    Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    I'd like to be as close to zero as possible.. with that said sheer laziness of not going to a local grocery store here in the US is not worth having to pay 5-10k for an attorney.

  22. #22
    Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Compton
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    That about sums it up perfect... The only reason to sit on your ass and
    do it from a computer with your credit card is because you're to lazy to
    drive down to a WU agent and do it the right way...

    Some people just never want to listen bro... You know I agree with you
    100%

    thanks bro.. I knew you would be in on this post like swolecat on Vida..LOL

  23. #23
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    Shit I'm in one this Like I'd be on Vida... lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    thanks bro.. I knew you would be in on this post like swolecat on Vida..LOL

  24. #24
    znak's Avatar
    znak is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Back in from the Cold
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    That about sums it up perfect... The only reason to sit on your ass and
    do it from a computer with your credit card is because you're to lazy to
    drive down to a WU agent and do it the right way...
    Or they live in a country that requires ID to use WU. Then they need to understand if the source is using cutouts to protect their clients. Not everyone in the world lives in America. (Unfortunately)

  25. #25
    schico28's Avatar
    schico28 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    108
    Thanks for the comments, you guys have a good point I use my CC to make my 1st order, I regret it.is too late now but next time I'll use the WU walk in, no CC just cash I hope they dont ask for my ID, in case I'm not taking my ID to pretent I forgot it. I hope my distribuitor make an exception with my fake name and address. Thnks. Ohhh And I'll probably use the name of my worst enemy so he can get busted Hahaha

  26. #26
    Auto54 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    573
    - Guys, this is not at all how the police work!

    If you wire money to, say, Russia, there is NO agency watching that transaction. The only way to get busted is when the package comes across the border.

    If it has a return address that is flagged (I'd think the sender would randomly change the return address or something) or if they open it and find gear, then there are problems.

    Most likely they will just send you a seizure letter. It is POSSIBLE they'd to a CD but not very darn likely unless you had enough to supply the entire NFL. The police are not going to take the time and manpower to do a CD for personal use stuff. And even then there is an easy way to get around a CD. I can quote you the case law if you'd like.

    It is for the above reason I do not see why an overseas source would not just take a credit card directly. I mean, it isn't illegal for them to sell to us... its just illegal for us to have the stuff once it comes into our possession. So they should have no worries.

    Worst case they get busted (remember, they are overseas) and shut down. Then IF the US feds got the customer base info they could back track. But think about it... no matter where/how you order it has to come to you. So there is likely a record one way or the other. And even then the feds would know you are a user... AND THEY DON'T CARE!

    Feds are after SUPPLIERS not personal users.

    Now if there is somebody here that has been busted and disagrees w/ me I'd love to hear from you via email. Copperhead947@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Auto54; 02-12-2009 at 01:03 PM.

  27. #27
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    God are you out of touch with how things work...

    There's doumented cases of guys getting popped with personal
    amounts of steriods where they stake out a PO Box or have a
    warrant issued for a home address for what is nothing more then
    a pack containing personal amounts...

    And BTW it is illegal for someone in a foreign country to send any
    drugs into the United States if those drugs are controlled and are
    illegal here... Just do a search on the recent bust with the Mexican
    Vet Companies and that'll point a few things out to you... That's
    why anyone taking a credit card is just stupid and reckless and it
    should NEVER BE done...

    Plus credit cards will always be an easy way to trace your activities..
    ever wonder why when someone is missing or on the run one of the
    first things LE does is run a trace for all their credit card activity?

    Why do anything that makes it easier to prove you broke the Law??

    WU also works with Feds on money laundering issues and other illegal
    activities, so transfers are watched if the amounts being transferred
    to someone is larger and regular enough to draw attention to it...

    Sorry but you're way off with how things really work... Sounds like
    you think you have some law background and you might, but you are
    very naive with how things Really Work

  28. #28
    Auto54 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    573
    Abuse reported
    Last edited by Auto54; 02-12-2009 at 01:04 PM.

  29. #29
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    That's find if you can lose that yahoo one and get a secure email account...

    Just PM it to me once you do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead947
    Buff, send me an email. I'd love to chat w/ ya off of the board.

  30. #30
    Auto54 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    573
    Buff, I sent you am email from here. Not asking questions or expecting a reply, so don't be afraid to read it. Just sharing some personal info w/ ya! Might all be stuff you already know, might not. But just wanted to share it.

    Later!

  31. #31
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    19,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    the connection is when an international delivery comes in they can watch for it if that source that is sending you shit is under watch.. Lets put it simple.. why give them any chance of finding out who you are and where you are sending money of you dont have to. its a simple trip to the grocery store. who wants to be in court and the procescution tell you how you got busted and you say " damn how did they knwo that". common sense in my opinion when do things illegal to not leave a trail not even 1 breadcrumb.. Were not exactly buying vitamin c pills here..

    you know who could comment more ont hsi and i know hell be in here for sure if buff87 hes always on top of legal issue..
    Your right D, and use your real name in case of problem with WU, I had it happen and had to show ID to resolve. Was a bitch, finally sweet talked some fat chick in letting it go!!!You cant get in trouble for sending a source $$$, tell them he was selling a computer on ebay, its recieving the package you have to worry about. By the way, I hate WU, pain in the ass where I come from.

  32. #32
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    I'm all for a good convo... I'll check it out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead947
    Buff, I sent you am email from here. Not asking questions or expecting a reply, so don't be afraid to read it. Just sharing some personal info w/ ya! Might all be stuff you already know, might not. But just wanted to share it.

    Later!

  33. #33
    TAPPER is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    136
    If you wire money to, say, Russia, there is NO agency watching that transaction.
    Not exactly true, it depends on the amount of money. Western Union (money transmitter), check cashing places (currency exchanger/dealer), stores that sell money orders (money service business), etc. are considered financial institutions. Depending on the type of institution and method of transmission federally mandated recordkeeping kicks in at $1000 or $3000. This means you have to produce id and your info will be on file for 5 years. For more info on such things check out Title 31 (Anti-Money Laundering) at IRS.gov

    And even then there is an easy way to get around a CD.
    If they can prove you ordered the item in question your done, the CD is only icing on the cake. If they don’t have proof and attempt to snag you w/ a CD it is possible to beat it, BUT, you really need to be on your game. This becomes especially interesting if there is a wife/gf or kids involved. Something about cops swarming the house or kicking the door in really shakes em up good.

    It is for the above reason I do not see why an overseas source would not just take a credit card directly. I mean, it isn't illegal for them to sell to us... its just illegal for us to have the stuff once it comes into our possession. So they should have no worries.
    What should and does worry such individuals is the financial institution they are utilizing. On many occasions accounts are closed, funds seized, and further transactions banned.

  34. #34
    Auto54 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    573
    A man and his wife go to their honeymoon hotel for their 25th anniversary. As the couple reflected on that magical evening 25 years ago, the wife asked the husband, "When you first saw my naked body in front of you, what was going through your mind?"

    The husband replied, "All I wanted to do was to **** your brains out, and suck your tits dry."

    Then, as the wife undressed, she asked, "What are you thinking now?"

    He replied, "It looks as if I did a pretty good job."
    Last edited by Auto54; 02-14-2009 at 11:37 AM.

  35. #35
    Auto54 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    573
    As an airplane is about to crash, a female passenger jumps up frantically and announces, "If I'm going to die, I want to die feeling like a woman."

    She removes all her clothing and asks, "Is there someone on this plane who is man enough to make me feel like a woman?"

    A man stands up, removes his shirt and says, "Here, iron this!".
    Last edited by Auto54; 02-14-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •