RoidGut is offline Member

question for fina homebrewers

I have been reading all the threads I can regarding the wet & crystal methods to see for myself the advantages/disadvantages of both.

I agree with Baron that to be 99.9% sure of the potency of your tren , the crystal method is the way to go.

But if you have the technical capabilities of a baby chimp, the wet method is the way to go...not to poke fun at anyone

Now, for those that swear by the crystal method, what is the most critical step involved in the WET method that will cause the most fina to be lost thus giving a less than desired yeild?

In my own reading, I think it is the step of separating the fina from the solid or "gunk". According to my understanding, most of the fina is lost during the filtering of this "gunk" as there will enevidabley be some fina left behind.

Now my question to you is, what if I have access to a centrifuge at my place of work. I regularily use it to separate blood into its components, so wouldn't that make that step MUCH easier and more accurate in terms of yeild?

Another possible advantage would be that after placing in the centrifuge, the sediment or "gunk" will be RIGIDLY held at the bottom while the liquid gold will be sitting at the top ready for extraction.

Any thoughts on this?

RoidGut is offline Member
    looks like I am the baby chimp here....thought I was in the lab forum

Thread Information