lzicc is offline Senior Member

Shoulder Arm pain/numbness after cycle

I just finished a deca /test e cycle about 4 weeks ago and started pct. (Clomid/Nolva/Trib/Tongkat) I will be running this pct for 4 weeks.

Here is my dilema. Last week, I started to have some soreness in my left trap/neck. I went to sleep that night and a pain woke me up in the middle of the night. My left shoulder, upper arm was in pain and my thumb on my left hand was a little numb. I am guessing this is a pinched nerve.

I went to the docs and he sent me for Physical therapy for now. He did not want to do an MRI just yet. I had two PT sessions so far and they seem to think that a muscle in the left part of my neck is tight/inflamed, they just don't what is causing it. The pain is not to severe during the day, but seems to flare up at night. This wakes me up and I cannot get back to sleep.

I haven't really worked out for 2 weeks now and this is really bothering me. The PT said that I could workout, but my left arm is weak from the numbeness, so it cannot lift very much. Mainly my bicep is effected by the weakness. My nerves are not sending my left arm muscles a full signal I guess.

I am on a medrol pack right now and it is not doing anything. I have been taking Ibuprofen for the past 2 weeks, but that does not seem to be helping, so today I quit taking it. I am still taking the clomid/nolvadex . Don't know if I should quit that or not.

The pain has got better, but the numbness is still there. I have a good range of motion with my arms and my neck. My neck was stiff when this first happened if I would turn it to the right to far, but that pain somewhat subsided.

Here is my question. Anyone have something similar to this? Would coming off a cycle have any kind of effect like this? I am very concerned about this and am getting a little impatient.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    "Anyone have something similar to this?"I've had similar muscles problems like that.I know many other who have as well.This isn't uncommon bro.

"Would coming off a cycle have any kind of effect like this?"I seriously doubt it.It's more training related than anything else.

~Pinnacle~

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I guess I am reaching at this point. Just seems coincidental that this happened during pct. I don't recall doing anything while lifting that could have caused this, not that this means anything, but I know I didn't feel anything pain or pulling while lifting recently.

Since the main issue here so far are the muscles in my neck are cramped up, not relaxing and seem to be pinching the nerve, I am just wondering if coming off could have something to do with the muscle relaxing incorrectly. Maybe this sounds stupid. Like I said, I am reaching. I just want to get past this.

Hamburgerman is offline New Member
    Hey Izicc,
    I have had the exact same issue several times. Its related to a pinched nerve or damaged nerve if you shot in that area (i.e.shoulder) My latest comes from a shot, and they take a while to recover from. My ability to lift, expecially on any presses (shoulder, chest) was pitiful due to the numbness and lack of strength from the nerve. There is really no "cure" for this except time. Time to heal the nerve unless its due to a high buildup of muscle and is pinching the nerve - then your between a rock and hardplace on a decision to stop periodically or do what i found - completely change your workout on the affected muscle groups. Instead of doing shoulder presses - try isolation exercises like dumbbell raises for each head. I actually gained from the change - although I resisted not being able to press.

Thread Information