Liftnainez is offline Banned

Very Important.. Buddy with Hepatitis B

thanks for help...
    Last edited by Liftnainez; 05-10-2006 at 03:29 PM.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    No offense Lift, and I empathize with your buddy's situation, but that's a lot of questions. Such information needs represent the secondary reason for the existence of the internet. The primary being governmental communication.
    Good luck, bro.

M.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Sorry about your friend Lift, wish I could help .....

PaulieM. is offline Banned
    i had docs tell me i had hep b when i was 15, but it ended up being hepatic liver it was from taking too much creatine and ephedrine for too long without enough water. but i took some d-bol a few months ago and when i had my blood work done, they said my liver was irritated. they go by your liver enzymes, so he might be fine(fine meaning he doesn't have hep b) but i was sick as a dog for a month or 2. hep b is usually sexually transmitted-with queers, so unless your bro has some sugar in his tank, it's probly not from sex, i thought you got hep a from food, but i'm no doctor
    Last edited by PaulieM.; 05-10-2006 at 11:35 AM.

gehirin is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, that's what hepatitis means...liver disease. I should know since I just had an exam on it (pharm school). There are five types of hepatitis. Hep A, B, C, D, E. HepA is the most common in the US. It's acquired via fecal-oral route. There's no chronic infection with this one. Then there's HepB. The leading cause is sexual contact (blood (high risk) semen, vaginal fluid (moderate risk)) with the HBV (hepatitis B virus). Also needle injecting (of course this means a needle that has been contaminated). This type can be chronic and if untreated, it can lead to liver failure and death. It's nothing to joke around with.

Another cause is non-viral. Hepatitis commonly occurs with toxic drugs. This is very very common in the legal drug world. Many prescription drugs that, if taken inappropriately, will cause liver disease (hepatitis). So can AAS cause hepatitis. You bet! If the drugs are abused (taking higher doses than recommended or higher dosing intervals). He should definitely stop AAS until he finds out for sure if he has hepatitis and which type.

If it's HepB, there are treatments: Lamivudine (Epivir-HBV), Adefovir (Hepsera), and Entecavir (Baraclude). Last resort is liver transplant (common for end-stage liver disease.

If it's HepC, Ribavirin plus a pegylated interferon. This one is common among IV drug users (dirty needles).

He should avoid the oral steroids for sure. Avoid Acetaminophen (Tylenol), alcohol.

How old is he? Dose he have drug abuse with narcotics? Is he an alcoholic? Does he use Tylenol? Is so, how much in a day?

Hope it turns out ok for him.

gehirin is offline Junior Member
    oh one more thing. Just read the post prior to mine saying hepB is sexual and mainly transmitted by queers. Hope that's a joke because that is absolutely false. HETEROsexual contact is the leading cause of HepB infection. Second is IV drug use. Look at the CDC website. They probably have info. Can you get hepatitis from food? Yes. Can get HepA from contaminated food (fecal to oral route - the food hasn't been cleaned or cooked well)

GUYS thank you all so very much for your help.. thankfully the doctor said the nurse messed up on his tests..hes fine... what a moron the nurse is.. i really appreciate all your help

Quote Originally Posted by gehirin
    Yeah, that's what hepatitis means...liver disease. I should know since I just had an exam on it (pharm school). There are five types of hepatitis. Hep A, B, C, D, E. HepA is the most common in the US. It's acquired via fecal-oral route. There's no chronic infection with this one. Then there's HepB. The leading cause is sexual contact (blood (high risk) semen, vaginal fluid (moderate risk)) with the HBV (hepatitis B virus). Also needle injecting (of course this means a needle that has been contaminated). This type can be chronic and if untreated, it can lead to liver failure and death. It's nothing to joke around with.

Another cause is non-viral. Hepatitis commonly occurs with toxic drugs. This is very very common in the legal drug world. Many prescription drugs that, if taken inappropriately, will cause liver disease (hepatitis). So can AAS cause hepatitis. You bet! If the drugs are abused (taking higher doses than recommended or higher dosing intervals). He should definitely stop AAS until he finds out for sure if he has hepatitis and which type.

If it's HepB, there are treatments: Lamivudine (Epivir-HBV), Adefovir (Hepsera), and Entecavir (Baraclude). Last resort is liver transplant (common for end-stage liver disease.

If it's HepC, Ribavirin plus a pegylated interferon. This one is common among IV drug users (dirty needles).

He should avoid the oral steroids for sure. Avoid Acetaminophen (Tylenol), alcohol.

How old is he? Dose he have drug abuse with narcotics? Is he an alcoholic? Does he use Tylenol? Is so, how much in a day?

Hope it turns out ok for him.
    Thanks for your time and input brotha.. much appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    Sorry about your friend Lift, wish I could help .....
    thanks bro.. but thankfully he is fine.. i was also nervous bc i hear it can be contagious or something of that nature.. thank g-d all is well..

Thread Information