Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JasperJ is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    Jasper, while I don't agree with the treatment you recieved from your Doc, you should remember that Dr's get nailed everyday for enabling the use of controlled substances for "non-medical" uses. Yours may have just felt that just by advising, not prescribing, just advising he could be making himself liable if any harm was to come to you through steroid use. Remeber, Dr's are sued everyday for no reason.
    This doctor's objections were moral and not ethical or of a legal nature. If it were for these reasons you mentioned I would of course of had no problems with his decision.

Cylon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperJ
    Sadly, there are an inordinate amount of feminists and soccer moms in the Democratic party, who are part of this craze of defeating death by trying to ban as many things as possible. These women, sadly, manipulate their men, through a religous system that askews the natural balance between men and women in the favor of women; through the institution of monogamy. Those senator's are part of the castrated majority of the American male population. So you are correct that stupidity is a bipartisan effort.
    I thought it was the republican leadership that is bringing steroid usage front and center in order to deflect the rest of the bad news in the world? I find it funny how we are seeing so much in the media about how the republicans are fighting steroid use ... but what about crack, cocaine, heroin (sp)?

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    How does taking anabolics (like the way we do) BETTER our health?
    Assuming you are talking about AAS cycles, it doesn't improve your health. Exception is those with wasting diseases.

HRT != AAS cycle, so that is different.

Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    most responsible and sound opinion given.
    I am on HRT and the first thing a Dr. wants to do if I switcht DR. is take me off the test injections and use a gel or a patch.
    That excuse is nonsense. The physician needs to worry about the health of the patient first and foremost. The physician should monitor your blood anyway. I'm sure that some physicians feel this way, but they don't all feel that way. Frankly, most physicians are simply incompetant at treating hypogonadism.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon
    I thought it was the republican leadership that is bringing steroid usage front and center in order to deflect the rest of the bad news in the world? I find it funny how we are seeing so much in the media about how the republicans are fighting steroid use... but what about crack, cocaine, heroin (sp)?
    Antisteroid legislation has bipartison support. If I was told correctly, the vote for the prohormone ban was uanonymous.

The fact is that the public at large viewed steroids in a negative light. And I do agree that WAY to many KIDS are using gear. You shouldn't have to use gear in high school in order to be competitive; that's bullshit.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon
    I thought it was the republican leadership that is bringing steroid usage front and center in order to deflect the rest of the bad news in the world? I find it funny how we are seeing so much in the media about how the republicans are fighting steroid use... but what about crack, cocaine, heroin (sp)?
    Actually Cyclon, as was stated stupidity is generally a bipartisan effort, the ramrod who pushed through the Steroid Control Act of 1990 that classified gear as a class III controlled substance despite the DEA, and AMA both arguing against this classification was non other than Sen Joe Biden, leading Liberal Democrat, who was also quite noticeabley visible during the hearings on pro BB steroid use , as were several Republicans. Unfortunately these men(whether you see them as good or evil) are making public policy based on emotion and not fact, combined with the fact that there is a limited amount of lobbying $ for steroid legality and you get our current situation. I personally have considered joining groups that favor the de-criminalization of all controlled substances because this is the only way I can ever see gear as being legal. But I do not want to condone Heroin/cocaine/meth and other synthetic heavy drugs.

If a US legislative representative votes to make gear OTC, then they can kiss their seat goodbye. And it ain't gonna pass, anyway.

Logan13 is offline Banned

?

Quote Originally Posted by Unoid
    odds on him being a liberal or conservitive. I always wonder.
    Well, 85% of the US population is one or the other. So I guess the odds would be quite high.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    just go to another doctor! My doctor refused to have my test levels checked when i asked him to, he said "its not necessary" cause he knows from my last visit that i was using some roids cause i told him. but im sure if i wanted my test levels checked & told him that i couldn't get it up or i had no sex drive, then it would be a different story.

big_C is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    How does taking anabolics (like the way we do) BETTER our health? It may push us to eat better and train harder, but we do not NEED AS to do that. It gives us a more apealing body. but that does not equal better health.

We take AS to look a certain way...not for better health....that is the difference.
    I disagree...I know that I'm a hell of alot healtheir than the average guy. Read what you wrote ..if I'm eating better and training harder, i'm in better health, hello, anyone home?? If your not healthier than the average guy with a beer gut and who has never seen the inside of a gym, then YOU need to re-evaluate your diet and training, because your not doing something right. Myself and alot of other guys here have dedicated their lives to eating proper and training right. Yes anabolics make you look better, but because of the lifestyle, we are healthier. Sure you can be healthy without AAS, we all know that.

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Do breast implants make women healthier?

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_C
    I disagree...I know that I'm a hell of alot healtheir than the average guy. Read what you wrote ..if I'm eating better and training harder, i'm in better health, hello, anyone home?? If your not healthier than the average guy with a beer gut and who has never seen the inside of a gym, then YOU need to re-evaluate your diet and training, because your not doing something right. Myself and alot of other guys here have dedicated their lives to eating proper and training right. Yes anabolics make you look better, but because of the lifestyle, we are healthier. Sure you can be healthy without AAS, we all know that.

Please explain to me how the AS made you more healthy.

You can still train, eat good, dedicate your whole life to body building with out taking them.

My point is...The androgins them selves (not the traing...as I am sure ths Doc was all for the eating good and training part)are not making you more healthy.

I never got into my training, diet, or AAS usage for that matter. But I do not take them to make me more healthy. I take them to look a certain way. If you are taking AAS for your health...maybe you could link to some articles that explain the health benefits or AAS.

Ps...."Hello, Anyone home?" I thought we were having a grown up discusion.

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulastone
    I agree with you to a certain point. Here in canada, we dont sue people eod
    My Doc knows about my AAS but he does not agree with it, but he makes sure that everything is right on track! I also tell him to keep all this shit OFF RECORDS. and he does'nt put notting in my files! at first he tried to tell me all the bad sides of aas, but thats his job so i respect him, but now i kind of educate him everytime i go there and he finds my knoaledge great about aas. so he learns about aas more each time i go, and i learn more about my blood works too
    also here in canada, blood works free

Very important point, about keeping all AAS conversations off the records.

I went in for an Echo-Cardiogram just to see if there had been any permanent damage to my heart. Thankfully, everything was O.K.

I later got a bill for something my insurance wouldn't cover. It listed the Echo-Cardiogram and the reason given for it was "Past drug use, Unspecified".

WHAT?!

Now, not only is it on my permanent record, it makes anyone who reads it wonder just WHAT unspecified drug use they're talking about. Jeesh!

Of course, insurance companies NEVER look at what's in your record when they decide whether or not to insure you in the future.

BigLittleTim

jerryboy is offline Junior Member
    That doc's a junky

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperJ
    I didn't tell him anything else. I went across the streat to Taco Bell and ordered some enchiladas and chased them down with a 1/4 lb of whey protein then went back to his office and apologized. I asked for a rectal examine, to which he agreed and when his face was up close and personal I yelled out Yo Quiero Taco Bell and let him have it.

No, I just briefly explained my point of view then left. People like that can't be reasoned with, so there's no use getting excited.
    This ranks as one of the funniest statements I've ever read...

And, regarding the second paragraph above; the quote I love is...

"You can't reason with an unreasonable person."

jerryboy is offline Junior Member
    Your dr is a fart sniffer!

ScottyShotty is offline Associate Member
    Can a doctor really deny you bloodwork? Thats his job and thats what hes paid for, right? No matter what your situation is or what you are "on", checking your blood upon resquest has to be done. The bottom line is if you walk into a docs office and youre paying for a blood check up, it doesnt matter if youre having your 20th follow-up visit for drug-induced hepatitis,or its a rainy day and you have an extra $20 in your pocket, the blood should have to be done upon request. This is all in my opinion.

I'm changing my doctor too. Hes very overweight and unhealthy looking. Not the type of doc a ripped body builder wants to ask to monitor his steroid use ,resposible or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information