Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member

Romo tells '60 Minutes' he used steroids

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2190441

Updated: Oct. 13, 2005, 6:35 PM ET
    Romo tells '60 Minutes' he used steroidsAssociated Press

NEW YORK -- Bill Romanowski used steroids and human growth hormone supplied by Victor Conte, the former NFL linebacker tells CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview to be broadcast Sunday.

Romanowski

Romanowski said he took illegal steroids for a two-year period starting in 2001 and got them from Conte, the former head of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, which has been at the center of a steroids controversy in several sports.

"I took [human growth hormone] for a brief period and ... I definitely didn't receive what I got out of THG," Romanowski said, referring to another drug he got from Conte.

In November 2003, the NFL notified Romanowski that he tested positive for the steroid THG.

Romanowski played linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders in a 16-year career that ended in 2003.

Last May, he agreed to pay former Raiders teammate Marcus Williams $415,000 in damages for after punching him during a practice drill in 2003. Romanowski retired that year, having played in the Raiders 48-21 Super Bowl loss to Tampa Bay in January 2003.

Williams' career ended after his eye socket was broken by Romanowski, who ripped off Williams' helmet and hit him in the face.

Williams, who entered the league as an undrafted free agent in 2002, played in 13 games as a rookie during Oakland's Super Bowl season. He was used primarily on special teams but was trying to earn a regular position during his sophomore season before he was injured.

The Raiders have claimed they are not responsible for any damages, and fined Romanowski $60,000. Romanowski was not charged with a crime.

Romanowski writes about his NFL career in a soon-to-be-released book, "Romo, My Life on the Edge."

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    There's some breaking news! 60 minutes probably thinks they're cutting edge with this sh!t. Of course that punch MUST have been roid rage , it couldn't have just been that Romo's a fvcking psycho to begin with.

thndrgod33 is offline Associate Member
    i always wounder why baseball is so under the microscope, but you never really hear about the nfl and steroids

aNuBiS99 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thndrgod33
    i always wounder why baseball is so under the microscope, but you never really hear about the nfl and steroids
    Cause, they gotta find SOMETHING to make baseball interesting

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    There's some breaking news! 60 minutes probably thinks they're cutting edge with this sh!t. Of course that punch MUST have been roid rage, it couldn't have just been that Romo's a fvcking psycho to begin with.
    Exactly. What is THG anyway?

SpiderRico is offline Member
    thats a perfect title for the book i garentee he talks about how he used to do coke before games too just how LT wrote in his book that alot of players would get all coked up before they got on the field ...Romo is an insane animal

diezell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Exactly. What is THG anyway?
    im not 100% sure but i think thg is just a form or tren that makes it by drug tests, like i said im not 100% on that one

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    i doubt he did coke. i live here in denver and i loved the way the man played. i knew he was taking something to get jacked up for games but probably not coke. the guy was all about keeping his body in top shape, and if that meant resorting to steroids later in his career to keep up with the competition then thats what he had to do. i dont look any differently at him now then before it was made public. love the guys dedication and intensity.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thndrgod33
    thats because if they really tried to "clean up" the nfl, there would be no nfl at all. they know that.

thats for dam sure i love how they say they test nfl players about every month or even more often then that when i went to school with at least a dozen players that played just NCAA football and they come home talking about how the coach would be feeding them that stuff like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderRico
    thats for dam sure i love how they say they test nfl players about every month or even more often then that when i went to school with at least a dozen players that played just NCAA football and they come home talking about how the coach would be feeding them that stuff like crazy
    from my experiences when they suspend a player for violating the leagues substance abuse policy they like to lead you to believe, or sometimes even just tell the media, that it was steroids . now dont get me wrong, there is always gonna be token suspensions and scapegoats, but the fact is the violation is almost always for something else. sometimes not even drug related. i knew a dude who threw his old lady down a flight of stairs. the team and the league handled it. when news of his suspension hit the papers they said it was for a positive test. just had to laugh.

i love how the media will hide anything up and it seems like sports stars get away with anything Ray Lewis, OJ, just recently Larry Johnson of the Cheifs... If Jerry Rice wanted he could walk down the street firing shots off at random people and they would say it was like a cap gun or something

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderRico
    i love how the media will hide anything up and it seems like sports stars get away with anything Ray Lewis, OJ, just recently Larry Johnson of the Cheifs... If Jerry Rice wanted he could walk down the street firing shots off at random people and they would say it was like a cap gun or something
    100% correct

Power Viking is offline Banned
    Romo was known as an insane maniac, even I know that and I`m a freaking norwegian *lol*. Didn`t he also pound Jerry Rice to the ground during a no tackle drill just for the **** of it? That guy was a crazy son of a bitch, but that`s the kind of guys that make for good linebackers, strong safeties and fullbacks

Sayker is offline Junior Member
    **** yeah ROMO RULES.... hahaha

Seriously though I remember watchin this special on him once and him goin thru his pill box showing all the supplements he was takin and how dedicated he was to his body and his routine. I was like if tihs dude knows his siht he has gotta be juicin... or at least thinkin bout it. And wether Im juicin or not Im jackin guys in the face, some people are just crazy, I think Romo is one of em.

Is baseball even a sport??? Those guys are hardly juicing but since they don't get tested every as*hole fan thinks they're on roids and they're put under the microscope. Please. Football players are as huge and ripped as some bodybuilders and people say "nope they're not on roids becuase they get tested" whatever. As for roid rage , that is bs, if you're an a$$hole before the roids, you're gonna be a bigger a$$hole on the roids cuz you think you're special now.

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    no, it was not jerry rice. it was marcus williams. he broke his eye socket and ended his career. he also paid him over 400,000$ for that.

Thread Information