Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by lwgy
    a couple of points:

1. if you have been taking proscar for awhile, you will see a lot of shedding if you stop the proscar. i know this from personal experience.

2. if you are just starting to take proscar (or even rogaine) you will experience some initial shedding for about a month or so. nothing drastic.

3. everyone responds differently. personally, i tried Deca by itself at 300mg (before i was on proscar) and i shed just as much as when i use Test.

4. as for taking Deca with Proscar. Everyone on the boards will tell you that you shouldnt combine the two, however, no one will ever be able to refer you to a study or research article that discusses this. themetalmich is the first person ive ever heard of who has claimed to have run both at the same time. ive made several posts over the years on numerous websites asking if anyone has actually run Deca and Proscar together, but i have never been able to find anyone before today. im not sure how this warning the combo came about. im personally very interested in this because i have been taking proscar for several years and i would like to take Deca for its beneficial effects with muscle tendons. i have even spoken to doctor who deals with patients who take AS and he said that combining the two will NOT affect hairloss.

5. you should be fine using Nizoral with Deca

6. AS does not cause hairloss. it only speeds up the process if you prone to it. if hairloss is that much of a concern to you then dont start. because if you do, its just a matter of time until you start shedding (if you are prone to it).

7. hair transplants have come a long way. =)
    I'll be the second person to take fina and deca together I'll tell you how it goes. I think it's exaggerated a bit. I've read some people's responses from other boards and here's what one person had to say.

"Maybe its true for some people, but most people who say this have never combined the two. They're just recycling the information they've heard. The theory is finasteride will stop deca from converting to dihydronadrolone via the 5ar enzyme. DHN is less androgenic than deca. So finasteride will leave more deca in you, which is the more androgenic compound, which would create more hairloss. I've used deca and finasteride together and deca and dutasteride together with no problems"

lwgy is offline Junior Member
    i agree the people are just recycling the information they heard. what board did you read this on? can you PM me?

jef
    jef is offline Member
    For me right now, I believe it was the dbol ...my scalp itchen is going away and there weren't nearly as many hairs in my hands while showing. I've also stopped the Proscar too. I'm not prone to hairloss; in fact, I don't think anyone in my entire family has ever had a problem. I'm still considering dropping the deca too since it's my first cycle but it's supposed to be one of the safest AS's so I don't see the harm in it. I want to make the best of the cycle too and gain the most I possibly can...Thanks for everyone's input...it's relaxed my mind a bit. I was crappin' my pants when I saw a bunch of hairs falling out after 1 week.

lwgy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    For me right now, I believe it was the dbol...my scalp itchen is going away and there weren't nearly as many hairs in my hands while showing. I've also stopped the Proscar too. I'm not prone to hairloss; in fact, I don't think anyone in my entire family has ever had a problem. I'm still considering dropping the deca too since it's my first cycle but it's supposed to be one of the safest AS's so I don't see the harm in it. I want to make the best of the cycle too and gain the most I possibly can...Thanks for everyone's input...it's relaxed my mind a bit. I was crappin' my pants when I saw a bunch of hairs falling out after 1 week.

how long have you been using the proscar for?

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lwgy
    how long have you been using the proscar for?
    Only 1 week

ImTheMan is offline New Member
    d-bol causes hair loss? i thought only test does?

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMan
    d-bol causes hair loss? i thought only test does?
    Pretty much all androgens and dht derivatives cause hair loss.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    Pretty much all androgens and dht derivatives cause hair loss.
    Yes they do, but only if you are prone to hairloss. The androgen recepter in the scalp is the same as the one in the muscle, the only aas that finds a loophole here is nadrolone, because it converts to a weaker androgen in the skin and scalp; DHN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information