Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

Very intresting post

i saw someone post this up when responding to a person posting about their first cycle. i personally have never done AAS, but this post really made me think about what im getting myself into, am i getting into a lifetime of injecting myself, always trying to be bigger, stronger. Constantly going threw ups ndown emotionally and physically, just something to think about, heres the post

"Well, if you gain 30 pounds in ten weeks on test E you'll probably keep about a third to half of it. Then, four to six months down the road you'll be close to where you started. The anabolic game never ends if you want to stay "large and in charge." Make no mistake; Natural training will never be the same. Think about it. It's not a one shot deal. If done properly AAS are not that bad, but don't bank on running just one cycle.

bradd5150 is offline Associate Member
    i think there's alot of truth to that. its just up to you to be responsible about it. stick to shorter cycles and take sufficient time off and get blood work done so you know exactly whats going on with ur body. its not going to happen overnite, not even with steroids . its gonna take years and years of dedicated training, proper diet and rest and of course, supplementation. yes, the ups and downs both on the scale and emotionally are going to be there. it just depends on how bad u want it and what sides u are willing to deal with. but most of all, be safe and responsible. u only have one life to live, live it large, but live it long too!

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    if pct is done properly there is no reason that 4 to 6 months later u will lose your gains... as long as u keep up with your diet and exercise...

I don't think too many people on here go 1 cycle and out though... once u get a taste of it u usually find yourself back wanting more...

Pro_built7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    if pct is done properly there is no reason that 4 to 6 months later u will lose your gains... as long as u keep up with your diet and exercise...

I don't think too many people on here go 1 cycle and out though... once u get a taste of it u usually find yourself back wanting more...
    well put.

Nismo is offline Member
    so your saying that if your taking "AS" and you stop but maintain the diet and workout like normal, you will lose all that you've gained???

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo
    so your saying that if your taking "AS" and you stop but maintain the diet and workout like normal, you will lose all that you've gained???

HUH.....

I am saying that if after u r done with your cycle, u then complete a proper pct regimen, u shld be able to keep a majority of your gains... minus the water bloat that is there regardless of how unbloated u think u might be...

bradd5150 is offline Associate Member
    after my first cycle and proper pct, i kept 2/3 of my gains. u just have to do it right, and keep eating and training hard.

bigJJ is offline Member
    Popular misconception.

Yes, when you stop your cycle, you will loose some gains. That is to be expected. However, if you keep your diet and training in check, you can keep well over one half of what you gained. (you gain 30 lbs, you keep 15 lbs of quality muscle growth, at worst. Not bad for a couple months of hard work).

The myth, of course, is that once you stop, everything you've gained will go away. This is a propaganda tool that is used, very effectively, by the media to scare people away from using AAS. The subliminal message there is that AAS will become an endless cycle, because once you stop, it will all go away. This myth has been proven incorrect by many bodybuilders (pro and amateur). You can keep much of the gains you make (not all, but well more than half), once usage has been discontinued.

That having been said... The reason that, "one cycle? that's what we all said", is a popular inside joke, is because once you see the dramatic results that AAS can provide, you realize that no amount of overpriced GNC crap can compare. It's not because you NEED to continue usage to keep the gains, it's that you DESIRE to continue usage to continue the growth that many of us are looking for.

The only way that you will ever be "back to where you started", is if your training and diet stop being in check. 'roids or no 'roids. If your diet and training go to shit, you will ALWAYS be back where you started.

As for the statement "The anabolic game never ends if you want to stay "large and in charge." Make no mistake; Natural training will never be the same. Think about it. It's not a one shot deal. If done properly AAS are not that bad, but don't bank on running just one cycle." There is some truth, but it is poorly stated.

1.) The anabolic game never ends if you want to stay "large and in charge." - Wrong. It can end if you desire. Gains can be maintained. Refer to what I've written above.

2.) Make no mistake; Natural training will never be the same - True. Training on AAS is very, very different from training natural. Growth is faster, strength gains are faster, recovery is faster. Physiologically, this is the truth.

3.) It's not a one shot deal - Wrong. It CAN be a one shot deal if you so choose. Again, refer to what I've written above. Properly done, you WILL NOT loose all your gains if you only use them once (used properly, of course).

4.) If done properly AAS are not that bad, but don't bank on running just one cycle. - Yes and no. The first assertion is correct. Used properly, AAS are far less dangerous than cigarettes, alcohol, driving a car, handling a firearm, etc... As for the second assertion, I disagree. People can and have run just one cycle. They have made and kept gains. They have then decided that AAS usage is not for them. Like many things in life, it is a personal decision. You simply have to make it for yourself.
    Last edited by bigJJ; 11-27-2005 at 02:03 PM.

WOW amazing post BigJJ, id say sticky worthy, answers TONS of newbies questions extremly well. My only concern is, like bradd said, u only have one life, and i dont feel like having a mentall addiction to steroids , or damaging myself for life. You see alot of Ex juice users once their use is all said and done come out and day if they had the chance to go back to the beg theyd never do it, something can be said on that point alone. And my only concern about (this site is awsome about not "pushing use", but puts out a very unbiast,educational point of view) taking advice from a site liek this is it is all current users. Just taking all the precautions before my first inject, thanx for all the feedback guys

c8rsa is offline Associate Member
    Nice one Big jj,well said. A very good read for everyone

Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member
    I agree. You can keep gains if done right. I did a cycle of test e and deca when I was younger with my pct not being very good and lost just about everything I had gained. But about a year and a half ago I ran a test prop only cycle and went from 198 to 220 and have managed to stay at 215 eversince. Now I will probably do another cycle in a month or two to add even more but my point is that you can keep your gains. Nice post BigJJ!!!!....Later....Tattoo

bigJJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    WOW amazing post BigJJ, id say sticky worthy, answers TONS of newbies questions extremly well. My only concern is, like bradd said, u only have one life, and i dont feel like having a mentall addiction to steroids, or damaging myself for life. You see alot of Ex juice users once their use is all said and done come out and day if they had the chance to go back to the beg theyd never do it, something can be said on that point alone. And my only concern about (this site is awsome about not "pushing use", but puts out a very unbiast,educational point of view) taking advice from a site liek this is it is all current users. Just taking all the precautions before my first inject, thanx for all the feedback guys

Hiya diesel!

Let me be explicit about this. I DO NOT encourage the use of steroids ! To you or to anyone else! Regardless of age or training experience.

It is a decision that people must come to for themselves. However, when confronting that decision, I feel that folks should be presented with the objective truth. Not lies and propaganda. That, and only that, was the reason for my original post.

Psychological addiction is a very real fact that many juicers face. Why?

Well, look at it this way... Do you have an addiction to your Blackberry? Or your cel phone? Would you feel "out of touch" with the rest of the world without it? Would your career end without them? Only in rare exceptions would the answer be yes. Typically the addiction is physiological only. The world will continue to turn, with or without you.

Ex-juicers saying "my life would have been better if..." are full of shit. I'm sorry to be so blunt, and I'm sorry if I offend. But they are. Actually no. I'm not sorry! My response to them is this... If they have conclusive evidence that long term (or short term) steroid usage has caused them harm, bring it forth.

BRING IT FORTH. BRING IT FORTH!! All of it? Any of it?

REAL evidence. Not sob stories about how your wife left left you while you were being a dickhead, and blaming it on 'roids. Real, conclusive, verifiable, falsifiable, evidence showing that steroids causes anything but accelerated performance in athletes.

IF you decide to use, Please be an informed, responsible and wise role model for others that may follow in your footsteps.
    Last edited by bigJJ; 11-28-2005 at 05:18 AM.

bigJJ is offline Member

clean lifters

There are MANY on this board that are not juicers and never have been! This is a bodybuilding, strength discussion board. AAS is simply a part of that sport. I invite all members of this board who have not indulged in AAS to make yourself known to Machdiesel

hey BigJJ, i wasnt trying to attack ne one on this board about AAS, like i said this board is awsome about putting out an unbiast point of view. Im debating Going on an AAS cycle, and a post liek this just makes u step back a sec n really think about it. This board is a pro AAS place, no doubt about it, and sometimes i feel like after checking out some posts n reading the profiles n stuff, i feel like the sides n possible bad effects r overlooked, but then when i see a post like this it brings me back down to earth n makes me think about it. Again i think this board is awsome about getting the truth out, good and bad, and i thank everyone for taking time out of their day to help people who arent as well educated, and honestly make steroid use as safe as possible , i know if it wasnt for this board i probally would ahve juiced already, did a bad cycle, not done proper pct, n i prob would be a poster child for the new anti-steroid ads right now...

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    BIG JJ SPEAKS

and speaks well

good job dude

Thread Information