Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor

bulk into cutting cycle for competition

Hey bros, I have a contest in late May '06. Im thinking about running a 16-18 week cycle that starts with the intent of adding some muscle but then turn the cycle into a cutter around 12 weeks out. I want to keep water gain to a minimum and will probably run prop throughout. Maybe start with Test prop, EQ, and Oral Turnibol then drop the OT and add Tren at 12 weeks out?

Or possibly a short 6 week bulk cycle with a 4 week PCT and then start a 12 week prep/cutting cycle?

Trying to come up with some ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Bulker you are trying to retain new found mass... If you are intent on doing anything try Lean Mass cycle and adjust your caloric intake for contest prep, in essence turning it into a cutter.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Bulker you are trying to retain new found mass... If you are intent on doing anything try Lean Mass cycle and adjust your caloric intake for contest prep, in essence turning it into a cutter.

I see. Run a cutter (compounds to keep bloat down) but up the calories in the beginning to hopefully add some mass, and then adjust calories to cut the fat later. Sounds pretty simple and that's the way I want to keep it.

I'll probably add an oral in the first 4 weeks or so to help pack on some mass. I was thinking OT. I've never used it though but heard good things.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810
    I see. Run a cutter (compounds to keep bloat down) but up the calories in the beginning to hopefully add some mass, and then adjust calories to cut the fat later. Sounds pretty simple and that's the way I want to keep it.

I'll probably add an oral in the first 4 weeks or so to help pack on some mass. I was thinking OT. I've never used it though but heard good things.
    Well, on a mass cycle you will gain some fat... inevitable if you want more size. But if you still ate clean, just enough to support new lean mass you will seemingly loose bf% as you are not gaining or loosing fat. Cutting you are going below maintance of muscle so the anabolics will prevent you from going catabolic. You will still loose about 1lbs of muscle for every 8lbs of fat as a rough estimate. Check out the diet forum... I know it is said alot but it really is the key to goals.

Thread Information