BajanBastard is offline VET Retired

Beware of..............

I just wanted to use this thread to warn you guys who are new to the AAS message broards of certain posters or should i say 'posers'. I defiantly am not targeting anyone on this site but it's IMO an all too common practice on AAS forums. So here I go.

1) Beware of those who value post count over knowledge. Many of us fall for this one. You know that dude who has 10,000 + posts in about a month. When you first see those numbers you immediately think "whoa! This dude posts a lot so he MUST know what he's taking about" sadly this is usually hardly the case and unfortunately they get an almost cult-like following.

2) Those who tout common AAS myths and misconceptions as 'their' experience. For me these are the WORSE 'bros' you can find on a forum. Not only they are blatant liars, can totally **** up a good cycle with their false experience, they can endanger your HEALTH. A prime e.g.: 'I used testosterone heptalate bro! It's good shit! Way better than enth, cyp or prop! I would buy it for the 50$$ per amp your source is selling' When in truth testosterone heptalate is plain ole enanthate with a different name.

3) One of the hardest 'fakes' to spot is the seemingly very intelligent guy who always posts a study or two in a reply to a question. The dude is posting pubmed journals left, right and center he can't be wrong right? Under closer inspection you sooner or later realize he NEVER highlights the important part of the studies or attempt to break down the info for the general population. Why? Because most likely he himself does not understand what the hell he's posting!

4) Last but not least. Member:
    Bigsquat800.
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Smod@whocares?com

When you see these dudes you think (me included) he's well educated in the area he's a MOD, VET etc. With the exception of AR and a few other boards this surprisingly is not the case. In fact I’ve seen these dudes do what's in point no.2 more than any other 'normal' members.

My point is, don't only rely on the info your get from the 'bros' on the boards do some research yourself and NEVER be afraid to ask about something you don't totally understand after you're tried researching the subject yourself. In the end it's your health and you're the best one person to look after yourself.

Happy growing.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    this is why u obtain several different opinions and go with the majority. good post bro!

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    good post, this should be a sticky.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Like the post.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    That includes people warning you of other people as that person may not have ever cycled or has only done 1 or so in their life... Not you big klg... You are a knowledgable bro, but just warning the newbies about that type of person.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g

3) One of the hardest 'fakes' to spot is the seemingly very intelligent guy who always posts a study or two in a reply to a question. The dude is posting pubmed journals left, right and center he can't be wrong right? Under closer inspection you sooner or later realize he NEVER highlights the important part of the studies or attempt to break down the info for the general population. Why? Because most likely he himself does not understand what the hell he's posting!
    That might be true in some cases.But not all.

Furthermore,on avant and cuttingedge,you never see guys highlight info in abstracts.Nor do they break it down.In most cases they post a study to back what they said in regards to their opinion on the topic.But I see what you are getting at.The boards I spoke of are advanced,whereas this board is pretty much a "beginner to anabolics" type board.But still,it's only an abstact to a study.So I personally see no need in braking down a paragraph or two.Now something like Nark posted(gyno thread) the other evening would need to be dumbed down.I've posted several articles by nandi(Karl Hoffman).I saw you comment that I should break down his articles.I disagree.Nandi wrote in pretty easy to understand language.As does Anthony Roberts.If you can't absorb what they write,then well.......

**You are entitled to your pet peeve in regards to the topic I'm discussing with you*****

~Pinnacle~

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Nice post bro

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    That might be true in some cases.But not all.

Furthermore,on avant and cuttingedge,you never see guys highlight info in abstracts.Nor do they break it down.In most cases they post a study to back what they said in regards to their opinion on the topic.But I see what you are getting at.The boards I spoke of are advanced,whereas this board is pretty much a "beginner to anabolics" type board.But still,it's only an abstact to a study.So I personally see no need in braking down a paragraph or two.Now something like Nark posted(gyno thread) the other evening would need to be dumbed down.I've posted several articles by nandi(Karl Hoffman).I saw you comment that I should break down his articles.I disagree.Nandi wrote in pretty easy to understand language.As does Anthony Roberts.If you can't absorb what they write,then well.......

**You are entitled to your pet peeve in regards to the topic I'm discussing with you*****

~Pinnacle~
    Articles like the ones you post are really good and IMO really cannot be 'broken down' any more. What I’m referring to are the pubmed journals. As I told you before not everyone likes to do what we do. (Somewhat advanced AAS research) so i just try to learn and pass on.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=big k.l.g]Articles like the ones you post are really good and IMO really cannot be 'broken down' any more. What I’m referring to are the pubmed journals. As I told you before not everyone likes to do what we do. (Somewhat advanced AAS research) so i just try to learn and pass on.[/QUOTE

you are right most dont wont to spend that much time to research.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    good post k.l.g

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    good info and helpful to the newbie's... I am still a newbie

jbarker111 is offline New Member
    good info. good old common sense can tell you alot about a situtation. I'm not saying you I will never again fall for some of that stuff you pointed out but it diffentaly helps to be aware.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    its discouraging when ppl post so many opposing views. i get IMs all the time asking questions because the asker is sick of seeing 10 different answers! especially HCG and PCT questions... some bros wanna help but dont know enough to actually do good, so, bros, dont post unless you KNOW the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy
    its discouraging when ppl post so many opposing views. i get IMs all the time asking questions because the asker is sick of seeing 10 different answers! especially HCG and PCT questions... some bros wanna help but dont know enough to actually do good, so, bros, dont post unless you KNOW the answer!
    Its not always lack of knowing... there are different protocols... I tell people what works for me as an example and I will get 3 or 4 experienced people who like to do it other ways... As it works for the individual.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Articles like the ones you post are really good and IMO really cannot be 'broken down' any more. What I’m referring to are the pubmed journals. As I told you before not everyone likes to do what we do. (Somewhat advanced AAS research) so i just try to learn and pass on.
    I'll get in the habit of highlighting Pubmed articles if I feel the need to post them on this board.Thank goodness,this isn't that type of board though.On avant,when I enter a discussion,I'm always prepared to post something to back my opinion.But like I said earlier.This board doesn't have advanced discussion(well the IGF forum does at times) so there really isn't a need to post studies when answering a question like "Can you drink winny?"...lol..

I will say big k.l.g ... it's guys like you,Nark,goose4,supersteve,Ossie,Jay and a few others that keep things interesting and actually make ppl think.It's refreshing to have conversation/debate on this board,as it doesn't happen frequently enough.So props to those who aren't afraid to question idea's in search of the truth behind modern day Anabolic Pharmacology.

~Pinnacle~

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I would also like to add I have heard reports of feds monitoring and occasionly busting forum members. So, if you are engaged in illegal activities, and do not want to get caught please use caution when posting.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    I would also like to add I have heard reports of feds monitoring and occasionly busting forum members. So, if you are engaged in illegal activities, and do not want to get caught please use caution when posting.
    All of this is for entertainment purposes only and should be viewed as such *wink wink*

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    All of this is for entertainment purposes only and should be viewed as such *wink wink*
    Go look for man-love in another thread not mine.

BIGGEST J is offline Associate Member
    verry treu..

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Bumping this...

Very glad you posted it.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    should be sticky IMO

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    This shit needs a bump.

Don't forget to add bananavar and primobologna to that second highlighted paragraph.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    If you dont have the knowledge to understand Pubmed articles or any other scholarly journal article you have no business giving advice. The backround information is usually pretty basic in the exercise physiology/sports med relm.

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    I think if anyone is observant enough
    its easy to spot through the BS'ers &
    the bros that truly know their stuff.
    Research is the key,I cant get enough.

If your only here for a quick? or maybe a month
    then its easy to fall for "those type" mentioned.
    Some of us actually like it here..and visit daily

In time we learn who to "listen" to,and those to ignore.

Just my 2cc's worth

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Old thread, but deserving of a bump.

Excellent post BajanBastard.

-ShrpSkn

Thread Information