davedizzle is offline Associate Member

Buying steroids from internet for personal use - Legal in UK?

Hi, can someone clear this up for me?
    I have heard this is the case but have also heard otherwise.

Thanks,

Dizzle

cutting_king is offline Associate Member
    I've heard exectly the same thing. I know you can buy other meds which you would normally need a prescription for and as long as its for personal use and not more than 3 months worth you can get away with it.
    The downside is that how do you know what 3 months worth is? remember 3 months worth of a steroid which is normally run at less then half the amount BB's use isn't going to be very much. Also you run seperate risks of being scammed as there are a lot of people that have taken the risk of buying from the net and ended up getting burned.
    Not worth it in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by cutting_king
    I've heard exectly the same thing. I know you can buy other meds which you would normally need a prescription for and as long as its for personal use and not more than 3 months worth you can get away with it.
    The downside is that how do you know what 3 months worth is? remember 3 months worth of a steroid which is normally run at less then half the amount BB's use isn't going to be very much. Also you run seperate risks of being scammed as there are a lot of people that have taken the risk of buying from the net and ended up getting burned.
    Not worth it in my opinion
    Yes I am aware of the large amount of scammers.

I was also wondering (probably a stupid idea), if it's legal to do this would it be bad idea to tell your GP you plan to take AS and that is why you want a blood test?

Dizzle

EDIT: Please don't email me, I do not need a source.

ROBOCOP is offline Member
    Bro. If your doc is a good one I would suggest its worth telling him/her. Having a medical opinion from a doc just might keep your feet on the ground when you are considering which cycle etc. On the other hand if your doc isnt that good then stick with the forum and keep asking the questions. Also as you know, doc/patient confidentiality,,,,no worries there!

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    steroids are legal in the uk for personal use if you have a perscription from your doc......................i wouldnt worry about it tho coz the old bill overhear are not bothered about roids..................customs are not to bothered either......i know people who have had packages opened by customs and they have just been sent on thru............no worries............
    be carefull tho 99% of internet sources are scammers.................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

luther66 is offline New Member

re

Hi, i split up with my first wife and had to get the police involved to retrieve my belongings,they saw my steroids which was,10x10ml deca ,10x10ml sus,10 x 10ml enanthate ,they never gave it a second glance,told me to keep it out of harms way,sweet i say!

I have a non internet source but was wondering if I told my doctor that I bought the steroids from the internet then It would be legit and wouldn't void insurance if anything were to happen, for instance I grew B cups and needed surgery

Quote Originally Posted by luther66
    Hi, i split up with my first wife and had to get the police involved to retrieve my belongings,they saw my steroids which was,10x10ml deca,10x10ml sus,10 x 10ml enanthate,they never gave it a second glance,told me to keep it out of harms way,sweet i say!
    Pleasing to hear Luther
    I have spent time at her majesties pleasure but wish to stay above board these days and am just being cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by davedizzle
    I have a non internet source but was wondering if I told my doctor that I bought the steroids from the internet then It would be legit and wouldn't void insurance if anything were to happen, for instance I grew B cups and needed surgery
    our doctors know fairly little if nothing about the steroids we use mate..........i told my doctor once and all i got was a lecture about why not to use them...if you want bloodwork done g down to your local needle exchange/drug clinic..thats where i get mine done....................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Quote Originally Posted by booz
    our doctors know fairly little if nothing about the steroids we use mate..........i told my doctor once and all i got was a lecture about why not to use them...if you want bloodwork done g down to your local needle exchange/drug clinic..thats where i get mine done....................
    Cheers booz, that's what I shall do.

cutting_king is offline Associate Member
    Hey booze is that right? I didn't know the needle exchange pharmacies dealt with doing bloodwork. Might have to look into this. Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by cutting_king
    Hey booze is that right? I didn't know the needle exchange pharmacies dealt with doing bloodwork. Might have to look into this. Nice one
    yes they do mate....well at least mine does so i would think it would be the same for all....very nice people down at these places....just a shame they have to deal with scummy scag heads......................

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Yes I am aware of the large amount of scammers.

I was also wondering (probably a stupid idea), if it's legal to do this would it be bad idea to tell your GP you plan to take AS and that is why you want a blood test?

Dizzle

EDIT: Please don't email me, I do not need a source.
    My doctor is fine with it. I get bloodwork done when I want it and my GP goes through it with me also.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    yes they do mate....well at least mine does so i would think it would be the same for all....very nice people down at these places....just a shame they have to deal with scummy scag heads......................

not all do. My needle exchange for my city dose not do bloodwork.
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Weegiebol is offline Associate Member
    http://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo..._steroids.html

Check this link bro's - it's mostly the usual boll**ks about 'roids and how bad they are, but check under the 'The Law' heading and that'll tell you all you need to know - it's not a n offence to possess gear for personal use UNLESS ITS COUNTERFEIT! Fu**ing scammer bastards get you in 2 ways then!

You can posses them legally WITH a doctors prescription. Thats my understanding on them. So getting caught with AS is the same as getting caught with a Class C drug if no prescription.

Anabolic steroids are Prescription Only drugs under the Medicines Act. They can only be sold by a pharmacist on the presentation of a doctor's prescription. Anabolic steroids are also class C drugs under the Misuse of Drugs Act. It is not an offence to possess anabolic steroids for personal use, unless they are counterfeit. It is an offence to supply them. Therefore police tend to arrest for steroid possession only if they can prove the drugs are counterfeit (and therefore not prescribed by a doctor). A small number of arrests and convictions are made on this basis each year.
    So, this means to stay within the law I need legitimate prescribed steroids and i'm breaking the law if I buy non-perscription AS from the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    You can posses them legally WITH a doctors prescription. Thats my understanding on them. So getting caught with AS is the same as getting caught with a Class C drug if no prescription.
    So I guess it's not worth mentioning to my Doctor then. Becuase I won't be able to get a legit Prescription.

So, this means to stay within the law I need legitimate prescribed steroids and i'm breaking the law if I buy non-perscription AS from the internet?
    I believe so, yes. However, as Booz stated, they dont pay much attention to AS. I have a friend who got pulled over and got his car searched by the police. They found some AS, asked a few questions and sent him on his way. No caution, nothing. They are very relaxed about them IMO.

Big Bapper is offline Member
    No its legal to possess gear in the UK. You do not need a doctors script if its for personal use. You can buy it in a country that dose not need a doctors script and legally import for personal use. I know someone in the UK who got busted for Class As and the Police found his comp stack, about 2000GBP worth of GH and AS. They did not even take the gear for for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bapper
    No its legal to possess gear in the UK. You do not need a doctors script if its for personal use. You can buy it in a country that dose not need a doctors script and legally import for personal use. I know someone in the UK who got busted for Class As and the Police found his comp stack, about 2000GBP worth of GH and AS. They did not even take the gear for for testing.
    ok then show the proof that it is legal...........................without a script....

it is not legal without a script but the police do not bother with roids as they are after the more well known substances..................

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bapper
    Got to disagree here.

i have just read up on it and apparently you can possess anabolic steroids for personal use...........still a class C drug but heres the link................i think it is a small quantity tho....so Big Bapps you may be correct........humble pie

http://www.channel4.com/health/micro...ar_rights.html

Class C mostly includes prescribed drugs, such as tranquillisers, plus anabolic steroids and, since January 2004, cannabis.

Maximum penalties:

for possession – possession of cannabis is still illegal and can attract a maximum penalty of two years in prison or a fine. However, guidelines issued to police say that they should not normally arrest someone for possession of a small amount of cannabis unless that person is flouting the law (that is, smoking in public), or they are under 17, or they are caught near a school, or they are caught repeatedly. It is not illegal to possess anabolic steroids or tranquillisers (except temazepam, which can also attract a maximum penalty of two years in prison and/or a fine)
    for trafficking/supply – 14 years in prison and/or a fine.
    Thanks for clearing this up Booz, your googling skills are obviously far superior to mine as i couldn't find jack.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    If it's for personal use then its all hunky dory. You don't need a prescription or anything. You maye have to prove it's for personal use though if you have a shvt load. That's what i was told by UK Customs & Excise anyway.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Misuse of drugs act 1971, It is an offence to import,export,produce or supply Anabolic Steroids for the intention to suppy or sell.
    However its not an offence to possess Steroids for your own personal use, the trouble is deciding what is personal use.

I was stopped once at customs and i had full suitcase full, i proved that all of it was for me and they just let me go, they told me they are not concerned with AAS but more class A drugs, but on the other side of the coin ive had some dbol stopped by customs and they wouldnt let me have it, they said it was to large of an amount for personal use, they didnt take it further but i did and i got nowhere.

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    anyone know how u can find out where the nearest needle exchange clinics are..... like on a website or something.
    i have one near me but i always see people i know in there which makes it harder to go in sometimes....u know how people talk

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Misuse of drugs act 1971, It is an offence to import,export,produce or supply Anabolic Steroids for the intention to suppy or sell.
    However its not an offence to possess Steroids for your own personal use, the trouble is deciding what is personal use.

I was stopped once at customs and i had full suitcase full, i proved that all of it was for me and they just let me go, they told me they are not concerned with AAS but more class A drugs, but on the other side of the coin ive had some dbol stopped by customs and they wouldnt let me have it, they said it was to large of an amount for personal use, they didnt take it further but i did and i got nowhere.
    a suitcase full?!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    a suitcase full?!
    it was a big cycle

BigChris is offline Junior Member
    Because it lies in the same category as class C drugs the decision rests with the official who deals with the matter. In most cases you will get away with it (usually with only a subtle warning)...but you could be unlucky and cross paths with someone who tries to do everything by the book - then you might have a hard time to explain yourself. Off course if they find reason to believe that you are possibly supplying or importing with the intent of supplying then you'll have a hard time to get your ass out of trouble.

My friend got caught by customs with 3 bottles of Ganabol in his suitcase and the prick who dealt with it decided that it was too much for personal use (wtf?)...he did luckily walk away from the whole thing with nothing but a formal warning in the end but it just goes to show.

Big Bapper is offline Member
    i have just read up on it and apparently you can possess anabolic steroids for personal use...........still a class C drug but heres the link................i think it is a small quantity tho....so Big Bapps you may be correct........humble pie

http://www.channel4.com/health/micro...ar_rights.html
    Hate to say I told ya so, But....J/K.

Sorry I did not have time to reply to your post. Had a busy day. When the home sectary at the time past the bill to change the law. Making AS a controlled subsantce, he cleary stated that it was the people that was profiting from selling them that they were going to target and they are not interested in the advarage gym going Bodybuilder. But he also did not specify an amount or cut of point of what was possession and what was not. So as long as you can justify the amount you have is for personal use then your fine. Just last month in the UK a guy I know got caught with a small amount of AS. The Police took them away for testing and gave them back a few weeks later.

Thread Information