SkinnyFatGuy is offline New Member

Premature Ventricular Contractions and Steroids

Im curious if anyone has ever experienced these before ever using steroids , or while on steroids. Basically it's one of the most common forms of a heart arythmia, where it feels like your heart skips a beat, and then the next beat is quite forceful.

I've never used steroids, but sometimes after a heavy sprint session, or squat session, I get these when I am lying down to go to sleep. My heart will basically beat 4 times, stop, another 4, stop, and itll continue for a while, maybe up to an hour, or more.

I've been EKGed, Echocardiogramed. There is nothing physiologically wrong.

Just curious how steroid usuage would effect this practically, or even theoretically, and if anyone has experienced this issue before. Thanks.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a echo and a ekg done. I have the same condition.. basically i was told that i was not in any danger. It's not uncommon.

Weegiebol is offline Associate Member
    I've had them for years, even when not on gear (in fact - probably more so when not on gear). They can be pretty scary, waiting for the old ticker to start up again! But like BigMike says, it's not an uncommon condition

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    only heard of people getting premature ejaculation not Premature Ventricular Contractions.......booz knows all about it

guns626 is offline Associate Member
    I have this exact same thing. You basically have two different arrythmia's: PAC (premature atrial contraction) or pvc (premature ventricular contractions) I too, notice them mostly when I am laying down to go to sleep, that is due to you being still enough to notice them. First off let me say that world class atheletes throw pac and pvc's. You have described what they feel like perfectly above. These can be quite scary if you do not know what they are, they use to cause me a great deal of anxiety, like my heart was going to stop. These are absolutely benign as long as they do not prove symptomatic. Syncope (suddden lose of consciousness), dizziness during the episodes, throwing one after the other after the other. I am dating a dr. and I am in med school. The one thing I would suggest is goin to your regular physician and asking him to set you up to wear a holter monitor. This is a ekg that you wear for 24hrs. I know if you are like me, I would go to the dr. and tell him about these episodes but it would not be happening when I was at his office. So wearing a holter for 24 hrs will allow him to see what is going on. Now let me make something clear here. Just because my condition turned out for the good does not mean I am telling you that you should not worry or get it checked out. PAC and PVC's should be checked out because they could be the manifestation of a greater underlying problem. Most of the time this is a mis firing of the hearts electrical system, there is some degree of dissassociation in the signal that is sent through the heart dictating the heart to beat. I hope this helps. Good luck bro, Guns

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    good advise guns...

I have been plagued with these ever since I can remember. I have done quite a bit of studying on them and this is what I have learned as well as my personal experience. My cycle history is not one that would suggest cardiac hypertrophy (enlarged heart) but it is still a question that I think about. Anyway, I really hoped this helped. Guns

SkinnyFatGuy is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guns626
    I have this exact same thing. You basically have two different arrythmia's: PAC (premature atrial contraction) or pvc (premature ventricular contractions) I too, notice them mostly when I am laying down to go to sleep, that is due to you being still enough to notice them. First off let me say that world class atheletes throw pac and pvc's. You have described what they feel like perfectly above. These can be quite scary if you do not know what they are, they use to cause me a great deal of anxiety, like my heart was going to stop. These are absolutely benign as long as they do not prove symptomatic. Syncope (suddden lose of consciousness), dizziness during the episodes, throwing one after the other after the other. I am dating a dr. and I am in med school. The one thing I would suggest is goin to your regular physician and asking him to set you up to wear a holter monitor. This is a ekg that you wear for 24hrs. I know if you are like me, I would go to the dr. and tell him about these episodes but it would not be happening when I was at his office. So wearing a holter for 24 hrs will allow him to see what is going on. Now let me make something clear here. Just because my condition turned out for the good does not mean I am telling you that you should not worry or get it checked out. PAC and PVC's should be checked out because they could be the manifestation of a greater underlying problem. Most of the time this is a mis firing of the hearts electrical system, there is some degree of dissassociation in the signal that is sent through the heart dictating the heart to beat. I hope this helps. Good luck bro, Guns
    Thanks guns, this was thorough. When you say, "throwing one after the other after the other," you mean, as if getting them all day long right?

Additionally, how does a cycle affect one's heart health if this is an underlying condition? Did you have this before ever using a cycle? Do you find the condition worse while on a cycle?

And what sort of underlying conditions could cause this type of arythmias?

Thanks.

Bro, we could get real indept here so let me try to break this down into the simplest terms. Your heart has these nodes (bundles of neural cells) on the atrium and on the ventrical. In these we have a built in pace-maker. The SA and PV nodes. A signal is sent telling the atrium to contract then ventricles shortly after. That is why the heart beat sounds like bump-bump (1beat). I people like me, whether it be congenital or what, there is either an errrant group of these neural cells that some of the signal follows this path instead of the intended normal path adulterating the signal. This is called a dissassociation. If this throws off too bad and we have peroids of unconsciousness (syncope) then we would most likely need to be externally paced.(pace-maker). Most of these cases though, produce no symptoms. In which case there is nothing they can really do. Now, what I mean by throwing multi-focal pvc or pac's: Some people go on runs where they have them every beat or every other beat. These people run a high risk of coding. Gear useage: The heart is a muscle so if you use gear for regular muscle hypertrophy what makes you think that your heart muscle is not growing. There is some correlation between heavy steroid use and atheletes dropping dead at 45, I mean lets be truthful here. I am pro-steroid . But I beleive these powerful drugs should be used with restraint and the for-knowledge that there is some potential for harm in the long run. Here is a few ? to ask your mother or father (pref both) Has anyone in your family had a pace-maker put in? Has anyone in your family dropped dead of an MI at a fairly young age? Hope some of this helps, Guns

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    only heard of people getting premature ejaculation not Premature Ventricular Contractions.......booz knows all about it

Thread Information