Thread: need a DOCTOR

jmac is offline New Member

Question need a DOCTOR

i've got a question for some of the more experienced (or informed) bros. how do you go about finding a doctor that has knowledge about the effects and side effects of AS? imo alot of the doctors out there don't know much about test levels elevated beyond normal range. i'm not looking for a doctor that will prescribe my anything, i would just like to have a doctor i can go to to help monitor how my cycle is progressing, do blood work and shit like that to make sure everything is cool, and not have to worry about the lecture.
    should i try to find a doc with sports med background, or call 1-800-doctor and ask for a doctor that is an advocate of test therapy?
    i live in the houston area, so there has to be at least a handful of AS experienced docs in the area.
    thanks bros

tanguy is offline Associate Member
    finding GOOD DOCTOR WILL TAKE TIME BUDDY. I HAVE HAD SEVERAL EXPERIENCES WITH DOCTORS WHO KNOW NOTHING. ALL YOU CAN DO IS SHOP AROUND AND GET OPINIONS. REMEMBER IF THE DOC DOESNT GIVE YOU WHAT YOU ASK FOR. YOU DONT PAY FOR THE VISIT. THIS IS A COMMON MISTAKE US CITIZENS ARENT TOLD. I KNOW THIS FROM EXPERIENCE BRO. TRUST ME. PEOPLE THINK THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR THE DOCTOR VISIT REGARDLESS. THIS ISNT TRUE. YOU TELL HIM THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED. IF HE SAYS WELL I DONT WANNA GIVE THAT MEDIACTION TO YOU. YOU SAY FINE. I WILL FIND A DOCTOR THAT WILL GIVE ME THIS MEDIACTION. AND GO TO THE NEXT DOCTOR. SO ON AND SO FOURTH. THIS IS CALLED DOCTOR SHOPPING BRO. I AHVE DONE IT MANY TIMES AND I ALWAYS WALK OUT THE THE MEDS I NEED. GOOD LUCK

tanguy is offline Associate Member
    ALSO YOU HAVE TO BE SOMEWHAT DEMANDING WITH DOCTORS. YOU DONT GO IN ASKING CAN I GET THIS/ YOU GO IN AND SAY I NEED NOLVA. OR I NEED XANAX. IF HE SAYS IM NOT WRITING YOU FOR THAT MEDICATION. YOU SAY OK BYE. AND WALK OUT. AND GO TO THE NEXT DOCTOR.

viper is offline Member
    tanguy....why do you say you dont have to pay the physician if they dont give you what you want...you are being charged for the time in the office, not the answer they give you.....
    sure they aren't going to take you to court and sue you for services r/t one office visit(not cost effective), but i will turn you over to a collection agency and let them deal with collections. which as we all know goes on your credit report....if you can afford to ruin your credit.....don't pay...

jmac is offline New Member
    what i'm really looking for is a doctor that can tell me what i need, i'm no expert and i don't want to take drugs that aren't necessary. i'm not discrediting you guys, but having lab results saying that my estrogen level is too high is better than taking something because i think its too high.

Medicine Man is offline Associate Member
    do your research on here to discover what you need. IF you have individual hormone problems a good endocrinologist can be of use. If I were you, I would first get blood work done and see what (if any) problems exist. Then ask yourself, what it is you want to gain from doing AAS. Next, research that idea and post that here for advice. Finally, see an endocrinologist, tell him what you are going to do, and see if he will watch your progress. A sports medicine MD can also be of use.
    good luck
    MM

Thread Information