McBain is offline Member

Drawing enough in a syringe for 2 shots, need opinions

Ok basically I just got together my next cycle. Problem is I am ass broke and can't afford to buy more needles. I was going to shoot ed for 6 weeks but I only have 26 syringe/needle combo's, but I have about 40 extra needles. Is it possible to draw enough for 2 shots, then just switch the needles after I take one shot, and save the rest for the next day.

Or would it be better to soak the syringe in alcohol until the next day? Normally I would not be cheap and just buy the extra syringes, but I am dead broke.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You can't afford needles? Mine costed like 10 bucks for 50 of them at the local pharmacy... Have you tried this? Most Pharmacy's do not require a prescription and sell them dirt cheap.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Bro pins are cheap, 11.00 bucks for 50. I would not dip the needle in acohol, Jason submitted a thread showing how a pin dules with just one punchure. I would just go for broke and buy some extra pins.
    Believe me bro, you are sticking a needle deep inside your muscle, sterile is the key here. Don't risk an infection, use different needles for each inject.

Honestly, I am about to send you 10 bucks so you don't cause yourself an infection. Plus reusing the same seringe must hurt when it is used over and over...

McBain is offline Member
    No no no, you guys are misunderstanding. I HAVE extra needles. It would only be the syringe that would be re-used. Not the pins. I'm not THAT stupid lol

Oh...

Better news but still... this is the cheapest part of the whole thing. Pins are cheap brah.

But as far as your basic point goes... my only thing would be - does alchol leave a residue, because that would sting like a mother fucker if you injected it.

Nonetheless, I would never consider this as an option. I think a good basic rule is never use a pin that is not wrapped and sealed. To include reusing them.

McBain is offline Member
    Yeah I was hesitant to do the alcohol thing, even though someone in the Educational Thread on this topic said they did it. I was thinking more drawing up 1.5cc's, shoot .75cc's one day, switch pins, shoot the other .75cc's the next day.

Mastiff is offline Member
    McBain I think you should be ok with that. The only problem comes if you aspirate . The juice will be OK in the pin for a few days, but I don't know what the stuff you aspirate will do. I don't normally suggest refrigerating gear, but I would refrigerate the pin after you use it the first time. That and the BA in the gear should hold down the bacteria you might draw up.

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    y would u want to start a cycle knowing u dont have what u need. just borrow 10$ and buy some pinz or dont start your cycle.

Or sell off one amp for $15 bucks and get 75 squeeky clean pins...

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    In barber school they tell us we can SANITIZE (not sterilize) scissors and straight razors in 99% isopropyl alcohol or 70% ethyl (grain) alcohol. If you buy the standard rubbing alcohol in the drugstore, keep in mind that stuff is usually 70% isopropyl alcohol. It sometimes has other stuff in it (witch hazel) which I would imagine leaves a residue you don't want inside you. I use a quaternary ammonium compound to sterilze my stuff (barbacide, sold at Sally's Beauty supply) but you don't want to use that 'cause it definitely will leave a toxic residue you don't want inside you.
    You want to sterilize something, find an autoclave, or for home sterilizing, I'd put it in a pressure cooker and boil it for 15 minutes at 15 psi. You might take a chance (I wouldn't) and heat it at 160 deg F for 20 minutes, which would approximate the pasteurization process used to kill some of the unfriendly bugs in milk so it doesn't spoil so quick, but there could still be some bacterial spores survive, and I for one wouldn't want to chance having some of them pumped inside my butt. Nope.
    Look for info on the web for the pasteurization process, and for sterilization proceedures. Educate yourself on this stuff, 'cause in this case, it's what you can't see that may really mess you up. Big time.
    If it were me, I'd just lay out for the pre-sterilized tools, or not shoot at all.
    Good luck . . .

McBain is offline Member
    Can't sell one amp because it comes in 10ml, plus I don't have anyone I could sell it to anyways. Basically I didn't have any money before I bought the cycle but I scrounged together enough to pay for it. Worse comes to worse I will shoot eod, I'd rather shoot ed though. And just wanted opinions on whether or not this would be ok.

I see what you are saying Mastiff, I was worried about the aspiration too (which I always do), that was my main concern because I figured the gear would be fine.
    Originally posted by mishon1
    y would u want to start a cycle knowing u dont have what u need. just borrow 10$ and buy some pinz or dont start your cycle.
    I haven't started the cycle bro, just wanted an opinion, like I said above I will shoot eod if need be.
    Last edited by McBain; 10-27-2002 at 07:22 AM.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    here is what I do b/c I have ALOT of 23g 3cc pin/syringe combo's.....the package is sterile just open it a bit at the top and pull the pin out.....I use the 23g to draw the solution....then put that back in the package (sterile) put the 25g on the syringe and do my shot. Then I toss the 25g and put the syringe back in the wrapping with the 23g I used for drawing. Just don't let the end of the syringe (where you attache the pin) touch ANYTHING and same goes for the end of the pin. This works for me whenever I have to do it. Of course I do this to save the 23g pins I have.......I have tons of them and don't like to let them go to waist but I'll be damned if I shoot my biceps with a 1.5in pin........AGAIN!

Also bro, get a couple bottles of alcohol before you handle the syringe and or needle....wash your hands good with soap and water then wash them with the alcohol (isopropyl is fine). Let them air dry and you are good to go.

McBain is offline Member
    Can I shoot with the same syringe twice though? (not the same needle) Using the method you described. Unless I read it wrong it seems like you just draw with the 23gauge but never shoot with it. It's not pins that I am short on, it's the syringes.

Mike62200 is offline Associate Member
    ihave plenty of pins but only five syringes. i usedthe same syringe twice last week and plan on using them each several times. i use a different pin and the same syringe. i do sanitize the syringe with alcohol each time and keep it seald in plastic between uses. if you have enough pins use the samesyringe. just sanitize it and you'll be fine.

McBain is offline Member
    is it really neccessary to sanitize though? I would think that putting it in alcohol would really increase the pain of the shot, not to mention it will be a bit of a bitch to do this every other day (im shooting prop). Does anyone have any opinions on just loading up enough gear for 2 shots, shooting, switching pins, and storing the rest for the next day?

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    go to a local needle exchange, they dont require you to use your real name, and they wont think you are a junkie. basically bring in some of your used ones and they will no almost right off the bat what they are being used for, because of the gauge. just ask for more. its safe and easy and confidental.

Mike62200 is offline Associate Member
    i don't mean soak it in alcohol, I personally just pull the plunger out, wipe off the black rubber and wipe the top part that connects to the pin.as far as your idea of drawing enough for two shots, shooting, and switching pins and saving it for the next day I think you'll be alright

McBain is offline Member
    Ok thanks guys. Last bump for any more opinions

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by McBain
    is it really neccessary to sanitize though? I would think that putting it in alcohol would really increase the pain of the shot, not to mention it will be a bit of a bitch to do this every other day (im shooting prop). Does anyone have any opinions on just loading up enough gear for 2 shots, shooting, switching pins, and storing the rest for the next day?
    I should have been more specific bro.....yes I reuse the syringes and attach a fresh 25g to it for each of the days injections....sorry about the confusion.

McBain is offline Member
    No prob thanks for the help bros.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by McBain
    Can I shoot with the same syringe twice though? (not the same needle) Using the method you described. Unless I read it wrong it seems like you just draw with the 23gauge but never shoot with it. It's not pins that I am short on, it's the syringes.
    Hey Bro .. I don't know if this really helps out, but when I inject in calves I pull 2 cc's into one syringe and then inject 1 cc into one calf, change to a new needle and then inject the other cc into the other calf. But as you can see, I'm not waiting a full day between injections.

Mastiff is offline Member
    McBain, I have a box of syringes without the pins. I haven't used them in a least a year. I've been getting them with the pins lately. You want I should ship them to you? Their just going to waste here. They would be free.

Thread Information