Lightning is offline New Member

Oxandrolone and steroid alternatives

OK, so I decided against most steroids since i am young and everyone seems to agree it would be bad for my natural test production. Now i was reading on oxandrolone the other day, and it sounds like what i need, not really something that is gonna make me huge, but something that would aid me in my growth, I've also looked into supplements, but I just don't trust them, Is there anyone here who has used any supplements, especially any of the ones they have under the alternatives section at A.R.? do they work? and how much will they really help me? Anything i should combine them with or anything that would furthermore increase how their effetiveness?

here's some stats on me:
    18 YO
    5'6
    12% bf (probably less)
    125lbs
    bp 140 x 10 (first set)
    can do bout 30 pullups
    2yrs workin out

any comments are really appriciated

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    If you are only 125lbs you just need to work on diet I think to gain some weight. Contrary to what people think, Ox DOES EFFECT THE HPTA therefore shutting down natural test production. PH's are a waste of money, get some creatine, protein and MRP's and work on your diet. What does your current diet look like?

7:30
    no breakfast cause i got school, unless is skip 1st.. thats once or twice a week and i have 1 pint of whole choc milk, bagel w/ cream cheese and 2 donuts,

11:45
    lunch 2 huge slices of pizza and again a pint of whole choc milk

3:30
    get home, a sandwich usually consisting on around 5 slices of cheese 12 slices of salami and like 4-6 of ham on white bread, and almost a quart of OJ (kraft singles have 4g/sl, provolone has 8g/sl salami 1/sl and ham depends on the cut, but like 3.5g/sl im guessing )

work out

7m
    protein shake: 2 scoops of ice cream, soy milk, double scoops of protein powder, some choc syrup, and a banana

8-8:30
    dinner.. whatever my mom cooks, usually includes something thats all carbs (pasta, white rice) and ssomething protein usually chicken or beef... and i eat plenty of both plates.. i mean plenty i drink OJ with dinner usually

sometimes if my mom is lazy i end up eating eggs cause they are easy to make.. usually 3-4 and some choc milk and ham and bacon and cheese

10:30-11:30
    and before i go to sleep i usually have a big glass of choc milk, and a smaller sandwich

thats weekdays... weekends usually vary according to my $ situation and if im with my girl or not.. but they usually include lots of beer
    Last edited by Lightning; 11-19-2002 at 11:00 PM.

Mastiff is offline Member
    Don't do the oxandralone, it can shut down the HPTA. You don't need it. What you need to do before you even think about roids is to get your diet and exercise routine 100% right. Even if you took roids and didn't have the diet and exercise right you wouldn't gain that much. Roids make the gains you make bigger, thats all. Lets work on getting the diet and exercise routine down first. You should be eating between 300-400 prams of protein per day. Spread this out throughout the day. You want to have protein in your bloodstream at all times, especially when you sleep. Your body makes muscle from protein, and makes the most muscle when you sleep. Take a protein drink or a 3/4 pound 90% lean burger before you go to sleep. If you wake up in the night, down another protein shake. Eat at least 6 small meals a day (8 is better), and take a protein shake between meals. You want to eat clean, nutrient dense foods. No ice cream, candy, snack cakes or fast foods. You want to be getting between 4,000 and 5,000 calories a day. This is an incredible amount of food, and it takes a lot of effort and discipline to eat that much. For your routine, do heavy squats, deadlifts, military presses, and bench presses. Don't do more than 3 sets of each. Work out 3 times a week. Lift with good form, don't try to just get as much weight up there as you can. Work this as hard as you can. You are trying to increase the weight or the reps each time you work out. If you can't you are probably overtraining, and need to go to fewer sets or fewer workouts. Don't do isolation exercises. Keep a daily journal with the amount of food you eat, what it was and when you ate. List the exercises you did, the number of sets,reps and the weight lifted. We will use this information to adjust things if you have problems. Try this for a month. I think you'll start gaining. Get back to me if you have any questions, or if something doesn't seem to be working.
    Last edited by Mastiff; 11-19-2002 at 11:39 PM.

woww... will try. i work out like 6 days a week for like an hr hr and a half and do cardio 6 days a week for 20 min (15 at target hr, 3 warm up 2 cool down) so im training more than i guess i should... plus i usually get almost no protein for breakfast.. allright i'll see how all this goes. i'll post my results later

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    6 days a week? You're overtraining, try a 2 on 2 off split or 3-4 days a week. There are several types of splits but 6 days a week is just too much. If you can't get breakfast in there, can you fit in enough time to just mix up a protein shake and down that before going to school? It would be better than going on an empty stomach until almost noon.

serverman is offline New Member

Super sets

Try to drop the cardio and do supersets so you can keep some cardio without burning all the food you just put in.

Mastiff is offline Member
    At this point I'd drop the cardio altogether, and not worry about the supersets. You want to bulk up, we'll worry about cardio later. Working out 6 days a week just guarantees you no results. Cut that back to 3 times a week, and do the exercises I listed. Don't worry if it seems you are getting out of the gym too fast.

seniormateus is offline Associate Member
    Good post Mastiff, my girlfriend loves food and is dieting on xenadrine right now and totally hates the fact that you have to eat to grow muscle. I just tell her that you gotta grub to be a stud and then eat all the good food she misses out on in her diet.

latman49 is offline Member
    No flame, but from the sound of that diet(pizza, cheese, salami, ham, bacon) your cholesterol should be through the roof. Try getting on a diet that where your caloric breakdown is 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat....and try to eat an overall healthy diet. Too many times people tend to sacrifice their total health for the sake of all out mass gains. Try a diet that keeps your BP and cholesterol under control as well as providing the needed nutrients for gaining solid mass.

hehe, yeah its a high cholesterol diet i guess. but the cheese is not really high in cholesterol, and the salami has 50% reduced fat, and each slice has over a gram of protein and its soooooooo good.. i just can't give it up... the bacon... well thats just 4 slices, and its occasionally only, so its ok.. pizza i have no excuse for.. but thats what they have for lunch at school and its good, and it fills me up and its cheap.. so good times

Thread Information