bumdart420 is offline Associate Member

protien quantity while juicing (or not) and pot..

Hey everyone, its been a year or so since I last posted cause I've been without the net. Missed all your questions and answers all the while. I made a few submissions about portien requirments (particularly the protien shakes everyone's been guzzling!) and some of you raised your eyebrows in disbelief at the time. I stated back then ,that the body didn't require the insane protien amounts that were published in most magazines, I also wrote about the low level amount of usable protien in the shakes themselves. I believe I mentioned that as little as 16-20 % of the protien in most shakes is absorbed by the body due to how quickly they are passed through the system. Now it seems that a few companies such as Lee Labrada's are coming out to say the same thing. I truly admire some of their honesty, it was about time . Then I suggested that the body only needed 1 gram of protien for every 2.2 pounds of body wieght, (the reason I say body wieght is because fat should not be included with measuring protien requirments, we only want to feed LEAN body tissue, that is why my protien numbers are so low) and some individuals scoffed. Did anyone read the interview with Jay Cutler in Ironman?! He stated he eats anywhere from 160 to 220 grams of protien a day, (I'm not quoting the interview because I don't have it in front of me but the numbers were really low, for a guy of that size!). I have been following the 1 gram for every 2.2 pounds and I am growing without having to shit myself every 10 minutes! I am an extremely hard gainer, ( I was 145 pounds at 6'3" at age 27!!!, two years later, I'm 206 pounds!) and these numbers work for me , I truly believe they can work for just about anyone, without resorting to spending tons of money on powders because the amount of protien you require can be found from FOOD alone! The amount of protien you ingest while juicing can be raised slightly but consuming 600 grams of protien won't make much of a difference. The body while on juice only makes more effeciant use of the protien you eat, raising the amount of protien you eat wont change the EFFECIANCY at which your body uses that protien. Don't line the pockets of some bone headed magazine who no doubt is pushing its own products on you for their OWN benefit just because THEY tell you that 1000 grams of protien is required daily. I can hardly wait for the day when a truly honest publication will come out about protien and training until then we only have eachother to rely on, please don't regurgitate what you read for the sake of sounding informed. Experiment with your body and let the rest of us learn from your PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. Best of luck luck to all!!!

By the way, I also mentioned that marijuana did NOT cause bitch tits because some of you wrote that it did. Muscle Media( ) mentioned the same thing in a recent article along with the facts that no long term dangers have every been associated with pot smoking (of coarse ANY smoke you inhale can't be too good for you), at least the myth of gyno and pot had been dissmissed, hopefully forever.

With that said I hope you are all doing well and growing. I'll try to stay in touch more often. lease feel free to comment. I like to hear from everyone.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I don't take in as much protein as others either.
    I'm at 192Lbs right now and take in about 250-275g a day. all from real food besides a shake at 3am and post workout. I do find that taking in protein with every meal(which I think should be done) just ends up being that amount. I really don't shoot for a particular amount for the day unless I'm doint a diet for metabolism manipulation and the layout of Carb/protein/fat percentages need to be just right.

Weed, I smoke every night before bed. Nothing gets me sleepy like a bowl of hydro.

bigwillystyle is offline Associate Member
    good post, i often wonder how some people get 500-600grams of protien aday it amazes me, and i usally eat every 2.5 hours. i seem to get about 250 everyday. i have to agree on the protien powder, alot of powders disolve much to quickly to think you could absorb the whole 25-50 grams of protien i too am sceptical. it also cost alot of cash to buy two or three jugs a month. this is what i've been doing for the past few months and it much cheaper. halff a scoop of whey protien 6-8 ouces of milk an 2-3 egg white mix and gulp. its cheaper and you get three differnt types of protien. do that three times per day along with 3-4 other meals and i'm good to go.

Grant is offline Member
    pot may not cause gyno, but it does elevate estrogen levels, do you need help with that? is your test not convertig to estrogen fast enough?

Hey Pheedno, i love the quotes you have under your post. Great stuff. I would be interested to know how you divide your protien/carb/fat for some of the future studies I'll be conducting.

Originally posted by Grant
    pot may not cause gyno, but it does elevate estrogen levels, do you need help with that? is your test not convertig to estrogen fast enough?
    and thats all I got to say about that.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by bumdart420
    Hey Pheedno, i love the quotes you have under your post. Great stuff. I would be interested to know how you divide your protien/carb/fat for some of the future studies I'll be conducting.

Depends on the diet I'm doing and what my goals are at the time.
    Bulking- 55/40/5 C/P/F
    Cutting- 10/50/40 C/P/F
    Maintenance- 45/45/10 C/P/F

On the bulking, the fat fluctuates whether I'm eating more red meat that day or more chicken but it's around that range

On the cutting, I either do a CKD, every 6th day being carb up, or I do as stated above and keep carbs between 5-10%

Maintenance, the fat is always the same and I adjust carbs to accomodate my maintenace weight(sometimes upping <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> and lowering carbs if I start to see fat around the edges)

If your interested in reading pretty much any quote ever said, you can check outQuotes
    Last edited by Pheedno; 12-10-2002 at 02:22 PM.

Thread Information