Thread: Making var?

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member

Making var?

Anyone ever played with the idea of making your own var? I mean, the powder isn't that hard to obtain and its much cheaper than the pills, also since there is so much fake/underdosed var going around, I'd feel more comfortable making my own. Just wondering if anyone has tried this before or if there is some reasoning as to why people don't do this?

Nico is offline Associate Member
    I'de like to know also.
    Bump.

nj_
    Bump.
    Come on, someone else has to be curious about this other than me

Roidaholic is offline Junior Member
    My thoughts would be that if good quality anavar powder was around for so cheap, there wouldnt be so much underdosed var floating around. I have a hard time believing that var powder is easily accesible for a cheap price.

Roid

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Based purely on the principles of economics (underground or otherwise), I have to agree with Roidaholic. However, what I'm at a loss to comprehend is exactly what drives up the price of 'var. I understand the GH thing (to some extent)...but don't understand why the same economic principles bantered about above don't drive the price of 'var considerably downward, as I understand it is comparable to lower priced drugs in many respects except for the child portion of the equation...is that the sole determinant that sends its price skyward?

nj_
    Well, its not exactly dirt cheap, you're looking at roughly $1000 for 25g of powder. But still, it would be cheaper in the long run for a long cycle of var and you would know the product is real var. The powder is USP23 grade powder so I think the quality issue won't be a big problem. I am just curious why no one else has tried this, I searched around but I only see people making their own injectable test from powder mainly, is it because the initial cost is still so great or is there some other variables involved in making your own var which make this too costly to do at home?

testman55 is offline Junior Member
    Well you could cap it I guess but the problem i see is uneven amounts in every caps so then you really cant say exactly how much your taking. That being said, if I were to do it I would suspend it in a solvent carrier like EA, PG or even everclear(which sounds more safer to consume then the first two). Weigh out a small protion (ie 50-100mg or maybe less) and put in solution to see how much is actually soluble per ml.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Winny is also 17 alkylated so you could probably prepare it for injection in a similar way... you would miss the first pass by the liver and since Anavar is pretty tame anyway - it would be very safe IM. But these are my guesses only...

nj_
    Originally posted by Warrior
    Winny is also 17 alkylated so you could probably prepare it for injection in a similar way... you would miss the first pass by the liver and since Anavar is pretty tame anyway - it would be very safe IM. But these are my guesses only...
    This is what I was getting at, I was intending to make an Oxandrolone suspension in water and inject it everyday or drink it since its 17AA. It is possible to make your own winny and its not difficult, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible with var since winny is a suspension in water as well. My questions now (if this is possible to do) is how much Ox is soluble per ml in water? I'm guessing around 50-100mg/ml but who knows?

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    ox is not very soluble in water - something like 2-3mgs per ml - while you think you can find ox at that price I think you will find that it is not so easy to actually get it once you try to order it from the person you think you can get it from - I am the only person I know of on a few boards that has actually gotten powder for personal use (allong with those who were in with me) - and its great for a fact! but its not so easy or no one would be buying pills - if you ever have it, I just mixed it in a thing of glycerin - and took a glob of it a few times a day when I needed it - hard to dose but its easy if you want to be more precise.

BTW - I have all I need for the forseeable future so dont bother with the PMs or asking me "dude, where can I get some????"

nj_
    Well, I'm pretty confident in my ability to attain the powder and once I have the necessary funds I will give this a shot, but thanks for answering my questions about its solubility in water and the glycerin thing doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Did you have any problems with sterility though when using the globs of glycerin?

stinky is offline Associate Member
    Bump....?
    Last edited by stinky; 12-31-2002 at 11:18 AM.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    Big Green. The reason Var is so expensive is purely supply and demand. As everyone on here knows Oxandrolone is a very weak anabolic which makes it pretty useless for veterinarian use (either as performance enhancer or growth enhancer). Its also an even weaker androgenic so for male androgen replacement its pretty useless as well (this is why we have testosterone patches). So the only real use is for children (and some women) with certain disorders. Its almost an orphan drug in use. All this means that there really is not much of a legal demand.

Small demand means small supply and this always leads to captive market pricing. Add to this the fact that a lack of vet use means that it will be priced as human prescrption only (which is always more expensive... case in point a particular sheep worming medicine was found to be acitve against cancer. Its price went up by a factor of 100).

I hope this answers your question sufficiently.

Thread Information