Terinox is offline The One & Only

T3 Screwing With Thyroid?!?

Okay, end of my last cycle I took some T3, cycled it properly the way your supposed to. However, I'm wondering maybe if it fucked up my natural thyroid stuff. How can someone test it to see if everything is okay? Is it done in a blood test?

Can I like go to the doctor and ask him to do a blood test for ALL of the following: natural test, liver, thyroid?

tryin2getbig is offline Junior Member
    you got the answer yourself...so go to the doctor and ask for blood work which includes everything you say and more...liver, kidney, thyroid, test, cholesterol, etc.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes you can get it tested at the doctor. Even when I taper T3 it takes me a little time to recover from it.

kiro is offline Junior Member

Question

Originally posted by Rickson
    Yes you can get it tested at the doctor. Even when I taper T3 it takes me a little time to recover from it.
    hey Ricson, how do you know you havn't recovered yet and how do know you have afterwards
    thanx
    kiro

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I would also like to know how you know you haven't recovered from the T3 yet, do you gain back some fat or do you feel slugish?? Please explain I am on T3 right now and would like to know what to expect.

Thanks,
    Pain

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Hey bro you need to ask your doctor to do a tsh level to test your thyroid. I have to take synthroid ed just to keep my levels at normal.

I was thinking maybe I should wait till my current cycle is over? Cause won't all my numbers of off the chart, and the doctor will be all messed up and start telling me everything is wrong and I need to take a bunch of meds?!?!?

xlcojones is offline Junior Member
    can u take synthroid ed? or will it mess u up while on juice? Cause my levels were messed up and i have a docs apt comming up. I bet if i get another test ran there will be morw shit messed up. Im gonna be on week 4 or 5 by my app. ?!?! I really dont wanna tell him im on juice. Opinions please!

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    In my opinion, taking T3 for any extended period of time can alter normal thyroid production.
    The thyroid naturally produces two hormones, commonly called T3 and T4. These hormones are secreted normally in ratios (approximately):
    T3 = 7%
    T4 = 93%
    Naturally occuring T3 is much more active and mobile than is T4, and is the body's first choice of thyroid hormone. This is because both are poorly soluble in water, and require a transport protein (TBG) to move through the body. T4 has an affinity (attraction) 10 times more to TBG than is T3. So more T4 is more tightly bound to TBG than is T3, allowing T3 to be much more mobile and thus, much more potent. So if less T3 is being produced (possible in Terinox's case) by the thyroid gland, then the already low amount of T3 will drop even lower.
    Common symptons of hypothyroidism are a decreased basal metabolic rate, some listlessness, and weight gain (an indirect consequence of the decreased MR). But the only sure way to know is like the guys said before, get checked out by a doctor. He may be able to supplement a decrease with Synthroid /Levoxyl, or maybe Armour Thyroid. In the meantime, be sure to eat lots of foods with iodized salt. Iodine is ESSENTIAL in thyroid hormone production. Good luck, hope all is well.

What things contain iodized salt? Or is it something you have to buy?

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    No, salt is always iodized, I probaly should of said, "Just pour on the salt." The reason being is that most people don't ingest foods that contain Iodine. I can't even think of any off hand that contain any appreciable amount. They (whoever "they" is) decided to iodize most of the salt sold, so that we get our necessary iodine through our normal everyday diet. I'm sure you get plenty of iodine, that is of course in less you like food with no taste. But it definitely is something to look at. But if you have any doubts, check with a doctor.

Cool, thnx for that info, will do

Maligant is offline New Member

T3

Cytomel , is a synthetic preparation of T3. Compared with T4 (Synthroid ), it has a more rapid onset and a shorter duration of action. As a consequence, it may be more likely to produce high concentrations in blood and tissues and cause adverse reactions. Most adverse reactions stem from excessive doses and signs and symptoms are produced are the same as those occurring with hyperthyroidism. Things to look for are: tachycardia (pulse >100 bpm), cardiac arrhythmias, nervousness, hyperactivity, insomnia, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea and vomiting, weight loss, fever, and intolerance to heat. The worst problems arising from excessive dosing include: angina pectoris, myocardial infarction (heart attack), and congestive heart failure.
    The recommended dosing for adults is 25 micrograms/day initially, increased by 12.5-25 micrograms every 1-2 week until desired response is obtained.
    If you are taking Antidepressants or Phenobaritol, phenytoin type drugs, be very careful as they increase the effects of T3. Antihypertensives, Cholestyramine resin (Questran) and Inderol decrease the effects.
    If you're not careful, you can fry your thyroid and end up having to take tyroid supplements on a daily basis.
    I know a lot of that may have been useless knowledge, but I hope it helps.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I like the Salt trick, I didn't know that.

Pain

Re: T3

Originally posted by Maligant
    Cytomel , is a synthetic preparation of T3. Compared with T4 (Synthroid ), it has a more rapid onset and a shorter duration of action. As a consequence, it may be more likely to produce high concentrations in blood and tissues and cause adverse reactions. Most adverse reactions stem from excessive doses and signs and symptoms are produced are the same as those occurring with hyperthyroidism. Things to look for are: tachycardia (pulse >100 bpm), cardiac arrhythmias, nervousness, hyperactivity, insomnia, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea and vomiting, weight loss, fever, and intolerance to heat. The worst problems arising from excessive dosing include: angina pectoris, myocardial infarction (heart attack), and congestive heart failure.
    The recommended dosing for adults is 25 micrograms/day initially, increased by 12.5-25 micrograms every 1-2 week until desired response is obtained.
    If you are taking Antidepressants or Phenobaritol, phenytoin type drugs, be very careful as they increase the effects of T3. Antihypertensives, Cholestyramine resin (Questran) and Inderol decrease the effects.
    If you're not careful, you can fry your thyroid and end up having to take tyroid supplements on a daily basis.
    I know a lot of that may have been useless knowledge, but I hope it helps.

What?!?

Thread Information