SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member

Should I take more time off (time on=time off), or get back on?

I did a 20 weeker STS cycle. So it was 8 weeks blast, 2 weeks cruise, 8 weeks blast. The last 2 weeks I shot propionate . Technically the STS plan is for if you're going to stay on forever, but I'm gonna run a 5 week PCT of Clomid/Nolvadex to restore my natural test.

My question is basically this:

Is there any advantage in staying natural for as long as your cycle lasted? (Time on=time off).

Or if I am able to get my test back to normal levels in 5 weeks, why not just start a new cycle then?

I don't know the science behind it. Any enlightenment would be great.

n00bs is offline Member
    I would assume it is more to get your receptors to upregulate as opposed to them being downregulated from all the test floating around not just restoring natural function.. How long it takes for this to happen. I dont know.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is more to consider then just test levels. Steroid use fvcks with the lipid profile. HDL drops, LDL sky rockets...then we have high blood pressure, which most of us have when on cycle which results in kidney stress.

Unless you are planning on top level comps, you need a break, your body needs a break....IMO....but I am puss

lynxeffect1 is offline Junior Member
    take the break ul be better off esp inda long run

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You need to be guided by blood work, you wont know whats going on inside unless you have yourself tested.

bber is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    You need to be guided by blood work, you wont know whats going on inside unless you have yourself tested.
    This x1000.

Bloodwork is the only true indicator.

IMO, it is very silly to not get bloodwork done to ensure your recovering properly, if your cared about your body that is..

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how often do you get bloodwork done? Ive never had this done ever and the further i get into all this this the more im understanding the importance of it all. Generally speaking, what does a bloodtest usually cost of insurance?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I would get blood work done before breaking the time on time off rule of thumb.

SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member
    Point well taken. I'll look into it. I've actually neglected to do bloodwork.

Thread Information