onthesly is offline New Member

40 something first cycle

I'm new here so please have patience.

First off, thanks to all for great information!
    Been reading thru all posts for several months now. I think I am ready to get my feet wet here.
    STATS: 6'1'' 205 lbs
    41 yrs old
    body fat 13%
    5 years of working out
    good diet /habits
    MEDICAL: high cholesteral curently taking 20mg lipitor ED

I'm not looking for huge gains. Lean body mass gains are my goal. At 41 a tremendous gain in mass will look overly suspicious. I also want to be careful with the cholesteral issue. Through the fantastic info offered on this message board I have come up with a first cycle I believe will deliver results with minimal side effects.

Weeks 1-8: 400mg/wk Primo (or EQ if Primo uannavailable)
    Weeks 5-11: Winny 50mg/day
    Begin Clomid after last day of Winny: 300mg day1, 100mg days 2-11, 50mg days 12-21.
    (Optimal caloric intake on this cycle?)

Please, any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, first off wlcome to AR! Ok, what i would recommend for u would be...

weeks 1 - 10 400mgs eq
    weeks 1 - 12 500mgs test (enant or cyp)
    weeks 10 - 15 50mgs winny ed

3 days after stopping winny start clomid. Test should be the base of any cycle bro. So u have to add the test. Id go with eq over primo because of price and availability of legit primo. If u keep ur diet clean u should be able to see really nice lean hard gains with this cycle. Hope this helps and good luck!

OG

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with OG, even 400mgs of test a week..

and if i was 41, i'd probably run some sort of anti-estrogen, so i dont hold water. Because water weight can give high blood pressure.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Iron horse
    and if i was 41, i'd probably run some sort of anti-estrogen, so i dont hold water. Because water weight can give high blood pressure.
    Very good point IH!! I agree, run 20mgs of nolv throughout cyle and post to avoid any estragen rebound.

OG

Guys,
    I really appreciate the quick response. Wow! I surfed another site for 15 minutes, came back and had messages. You people are the best.

Getting back to the cycle:
    I wanted to run something mild for the first cycle. I know alot of guys love the test and run it most cycles. I'm concerned with the side effects and increased cholesteral levels-mainly the adverse proportions of hdl/ldl. I have to be careful. Won't I get some good results with this cycle or is it a waste? Going with the EQ is probably the better alternative-thanks for the advice

The Butcher is offline Member
    If you are just looking for lean mass, then your cycle you had planned out looks good. If you don't put on 8 to 10lbs of muscle while losing fat with that, then your diet or workout schedule is the problem. You could probably even get away with doing 300mg/week of the Primobolan . Test won't be necessary for what you are trying to do, and the winny and the Primo should not shut you down, so the Clomid shouldn't be needed either. You might want to have it on hand just in case, but more than likely you won't need it. After losing all of my gains from my 3rd cycle which was a Sustanon /Drive cylce, I decided to use only aas that wouldn't shut me down so I could avoid the post cycle crash. I did Winny/Primo, Winny/Deca , and Winny/Eq. They all worked fairly well, but the Winny/Primo (50mg/eod of Winny, and 200mg/week of Primo) was the best. I gained 15lbs, and got shredded and vascular. Eventually I decided that I wanted to get huge, so now I use lots and lots of test along with other goodies, but considering what you want to do, the Winny/Primo cycle without the test should do just fine. If it doesn't give you what you want, add some test next time. Here is how I would do it:

Primobolan 300mg/week; Week 1-10
    Winny 50mg/eod; Week 2-9 (Yes, that is 8 weeks of a 17AA, and no, it will not kill your liver)

I guess you should follow Dick's advice on the Lipitor. He usually seems to know what he is talking about in terms of stuff like that. I think he works at a hospital as a nurse or a Candy Striper or something. (sorry Dick, couldn't resist).

I wouldnt ever recommend not taking clomid, however he is right on one side. I'd recommend test as well, since your levels are MOST likely low. ANd i think it would benefit you a lot. even 200-300mgs of test a week is better then nothing.

Dickrenegade, good point, but making sure blood pressure doesnt rise is very important!

I'd also recommend ala (alpha lipoic acid) to help with insulin sensitivity and lowering liver values. Its a great anti-oxident, and its legal.

Thanks to:
    Iron Horse
    The Butcher
    Dickrenegade
    OGPackin
    You guys are a wealth of information. You have made me feel welcome on this mesage board. I think I'm going to hang out here for some time!
    Dickrenegade, I will use your advice on bumping up the Lipitor during cycle-seems sound to me.
    Butcher, I will probably go with your advice on first cycle and save Test for next cycle. It does mke sense that my test levels are probably low at my age. I guess I'm just a bit timid now.
    I will hold off on first cycle until I get my diet in order. Any suggestions?

eat clean foods, high protien, moderate carbs, fairly low fat.

at your age, tribulus/zma might benefit you supporting natural test production. again I think ALA is a great supplement. Usualy, the less processed a food is the better, as in more natural.

not positive what your goals are however.

Thread Information