Thread: Thinning hair

steve1 is offline Junior Member

Thinning hair

whats up guys!

I just finished a cycle of sus and deca ,is it me or am i being parranoyed,but my hair seems to be a little thinner all over.Am i just imagining it or knit pickin and watch evrything too close.

I have always had really thick hair that grows really fast all over.
    Tough to say weather it was just like that b4 and never noticed.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    It's possible that you've thinned, but usually if you're thinning, you'd notice when you wash your hair in the shower and you have like 5+ strands in your hands every day. Also check your pillow to see if there's more hair on there than normal.

steve1 is offline Junior Member
    No i havent noticed any hair on pillows or in the shower.

The thing i have noticed is when i wash it with selsun blue it leaves it very dry and seems to grow thicker and better.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    try getting prescribed some proscar, and try not to stress about it!
    and if your body cant handle the extra dht figure out the stuff too stay away from. Or, you can get the surgery-worked for me!

Fighting Irish is offline New Member
    Steve,

How were your results from the Sust/Deca cycle... I'm about to do one myself... any advice?

- Fighting Irish

roch is offline Member
    956vette,

what kind of surgery did you get and about how much was it? I'm contemplating that when I go full on bald. I noticed lots of thinning now that I'm getting really close to 30 and wanted to get some specifics on the hair replacement therapies that are out there.

Magicz is offline Associate Member
    yea i like this i want to do a surgery when i lose all my hair

Cock Diesel155 is offline Associate Member
    One of my brothers just had two hair transplants. One in November and one in January. It's starting to grow and is looking pretty good. He was really getting bald in the front

Blog Entries
    i had a hair transplant surgery about a year and a half ago, and love the results. But, i had one the most expensive docs in the country preform it. So, the final amount i spent was $6000!-but it was worth it!

Blog Entries
    the only negative thing i can say about the transplant, was the two weeks or so afterwards suck! for awhile you have to sleep upright, and youll have nasty scabs on your head. Then for the next 6 months, the scar on the back of your head is noticable(with a short hair cut), and it took about 5-6 months for the new hair to come in...but, looking back, i am planning on getting another one done next winter.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Look at Avodart, it is new and FDA approved just for prostate right now, second phase trials for pattern baldness are done and there were great results. Third phase trials are on hold right now, some speculate that they are on hold because the company is in third phase trials that show promise for preventing prostate cancer which is much more important than baldness. Some doctors will perscribe it "off label" for baldness. It is the next generation of proscar, it inhibits type 2 dht much more than proscar and it also inhibits type 1 dht, proscar does not. You can get a perscription over the web at www.medicalwellnesscenter.com

A very good site. I have been taking avodart since Dec 10, 2002. See several new hairs at the hairline and the hair on my crown is getting thicker. I also use 5% minoxidil and shampoo with nizoral 1% 3 times a week. I think those are the best options out there to keep all the hair you have and get some noticable regrowth. Good Luck!

Oh and for more info check out http://www.hairsite.com/o-alpha.htm

sp9
    Oh and I have avoided surgery. Have kept working on it with proscar starting in 1998 until on the regimine I have today.

Should be about 5 years before they can clone your hair at a decent price and implant it. I really don't want the scars from transplants because I love the high and tight cut!

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Originally posted by scottp999
    A very good site. I have been taking avodart since Dec 10, 2002. See several new hairs at the hairline and the hair on my crown is getting thicker. I also use 5% minoxidil and shampoo with nizoral 1% 3 times a week. I think those are the best options out there to keep all the hair you have and get some noticable regrowth. Good Luck!

Oh and for more info check out http://www.hairsite.com/o-alpha.htm
    Hey scottp do you see much growth along the hairline? I think thats the hardest place to get regrowth.

Peace,
    CC

sp9
    some minor regrowth. Very thin whispy hairs, very short. I am only at the 3 month mark right now. Full benefits are at 1-2 years with 6 months also being a point where I should see a good start. Understanding the hair cycle, and how the hair will get a longer growth phase and fall out, and then come back thicker and longer the next time. It just takes some patience. The hair didn't minitarize(sp?) over night so I am just getting excited at this point. It is very expensive, around $70 per month right now (At Sams Club or Costco). Some people are sneaking it in under their insurance because the companies don't know it is being put to cosmetic use already.

Thread Information