cageit is offline New Member

equipoise question

I have some questions about equipoise usage. I am a mixed martial arts competitor and in my early 30's. my body is pretty much tellimg me I only have a few years left in the sport due to chronic neck/back and knee problems. keep in mind that this is more of a hobby since local pro mma fighting doesn't pay enough to make it career. anyways...I am 160 walk around and fight at 145 lb. I am always very low body fat, toned, and good with my size, strength, and weight. my goal is actually not to add to any of those. I have recently had a teammate, who is also in the medical field suggest a 12-15 week cycle of eq as a way to possibly "heal" the problems mentioned above. the bottle shows 250 on it and understand that means it is 250 mg per cc. the suggestion was to take 1 cc a week. keep in mind that I have never done anything outside of the over the counter supplements. I have done a lot of research online and everything is about stacking test with it. my teammate says that isn't necessary with what I am using it for and a simple over the counter estrogen blocker towards the end will be fine. I am wanting the experts on here to advise on this as far as if the dose I mentioned is correct our if I should up it. also if I am safe to do eq alone. I am not too on board with taking more stuff. again...dont want to pack on size to make it hard to cut to 145 when the next fight gets offered. I just hope to heal up some of the muscle and joint problems for the time being. sorry so long, but I wanted you to have the whole story for the best advice.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Typically no cycle should be without a test. E.Q isnt going to help you much anyway (deca would prob be better for what your asking) but either way you have to have some sort of test to run with it. You will hate life and mma if you run eq by itself

iron_dan is offline New Member
    deca is the shit for joint pain and strength building, but needs test with it

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    that would be a very low dosed cycle ,eq is usualy run at higher doses along with test. i ran 300 mg test e/300 mg eq/ 12 weeks and it did wipe out my tennis elbow and is still fine.

@brad- what do you mean by hate life and mma?

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I use EQ to oil up my bike chains.

Quote Originally Posted by ramacher View Post
    I use EQ to oil up my bike chains.
    thanks for most of your replies.
    @ramacher- that must be some strong bike chain then. how many cc's does it take...and how do you know where to put the needle in it?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    EQ is not worth the time it takes to inject. By far the weakest compound I ever tried. I think Test/Deca would be better for you if anything.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I was going to comment but sounds like its all been covered

cro
    Blog Entries
    i knew id see you on this post ...LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    LMFAO! x2

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

awms is offline Senior Member
    Im using EQ right now and I like it...If your expecting to throw on 10lbs of water weight in a week thats not what it will do but for what its meant to do it does the trick! Im stacking it with test cyp to support my tendons while lifting heavy and it is doing a great job! last cycle with test only my tendons were killing me! this time around no pain at all and my elbow has actually been healing...on a scale of 1-10 the pain is now about a 1 when at the start of my cycle it was about a 7 or 8.

Also like I said before you wont throw on slabs of muscle but you will make steady lean gains. I think many people who use Eq are impatient and although eq is not known as a mass builder it does do a good job of helping put on size as long as your diet is in place and your dont mind waiting it out. Also the vascularity and endurance are great on eq! I feel like EQ is a great stack with test because the test will give you pure strength and the EQ will allow you to have the endurance to push through set after set....in other words you can break down your muscle and grow.

cro
    Blog Entries
    exactly........
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    Im using EQ right now and I like it...If your expecting to throw on 10lbs of water weight in a week thats not what it will do but for what its meant to do it does the trick! Im stacking it with test cyp to support my tendons while lifting heavy and it is doing a great job! last cycle with test only my tendons were killing me! this time around no pain at all and my elbow has actually been healing...on a scale of 1-10 the pain is now about a 1 when at the start of my cycle it was about a 7 or 8.

Also like I said before you wont throw on slabs of muscle but you will make steady lean gains. I think many people who use Eq are impatient and although eq is not known as a mass builder it does do a good job of helping put on size as long as your diet is in place and your dont mind waiting it out. Also the vascularity and endurance are great on eq! I feel like EQ is a great stack with test because the test will give you pure strength and the EQ will allow you to have the endurance to push through set after set....in other words you can break down your muscle and grow.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cageit View Post
    @brad- what do you mean by hate life and mma?
    When you shut your natty test down with eq you have zero test (what makes you a man) running through you. THats why test is used as a base of any cycle to avoid effects like limp dick/ no motivation/ and no energy. Without a test you could make training harder. Thats what ive learned over the years but maybe a vet could enlighten you more in depth

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    in other words you can break down your muscle and grow.
    It doesn't work that way, working out too much will hurt gains.

good info. I guess where I am at, is the eq was free, I do not have, nor am I looking for connections for other stuff at this point. its either experiment with this or just keep slugging over the counter stuff. if i did seek out a test to go with it like 99% of internet advisors...am i risking gaining so much that making my weight class will be impossible? my ideal result would be that of awms' elbow for my own injuries and tightening muscles around joints without the gains in water and muscles that will mess my weight. keep in mind that my training consists of low weights, extremely high and timely plyometric sets/reps, sparring, high interval training, some oxygen restriction training, ect. if in the middle of a "training camp" for a scheduled competition while cycling...many days would be 2-a-days of this with nap between. in other words, their isnt a real element of trying to build the biggest muscles and lift the heaveist weight. i could be WAY of base to in that my kind of training doesn't mesh well with what i am thinking of using. however, i have been in the sport long enough to know it is done. i am just at a last resort to get through a few more years of actual competion...and would mind going out with a bang so to speak.

awms is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    It doesn't work that way, working out too much will hurt gains.
    No it does work that way...you are correct you can over train even while using steroids but it is much much harder to do so! Why do athletes use steroids ? So they can heal faster and push them self's harder.

cro
    Blog Entries
    personaly i liked the eq /test cycle and had great results. but i ran both at 300mg and it was my 1st cycle and i dont know what did what, like marcus said.

Sc0rch is offline Associate Member
    I'm running the same right now. 300mg week test and 300mg week eq. Love this combo.

My first cycle was an eq only cycle. I won't comment on how much mass I gained (and dropped a waist size) because nobody will believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0rch View Post
    I'm running the same right now. 300mg week test and 300mg week eq. Love this combo.

My first cycle was an eq only cycle. I won't comment on how much mass I gained (and dropped a waist size) because nobody will believe me.
    @sc0rch- please comment. what did the eq only do to you...and how much did you run?

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    I think EQ would be the perfect compound for what you are looking for OP alot of guys I know who actually care about endurance and performance use EQ with alot of sucess and I like EQ for joits as well. If its REAL EQ have to run some test in there IMO

On this board you will get advise for a bodybuilder or just someone looking to get jacked or whatever, there is alot more to consider when dealing with an athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by cageit View Post
    @sc0rch- please comment. what did the eq only do to you...and how much did you run?
    500mg/wk for 14 weeks. Put on just over 15lbs and kept over 10lbs. Recall that I also dropped a waist size though. It was amazing. Never had gains like that since though.

I did do 50mg winny ED for the last month, but I had already gained most of the mass from the EQ. So, I guess it wasn't an EQ only cycle.

Some people respond well to EQ, and some appear to get nothing out of it.

You will most definitely notice an endurance increase. At work I would always use the stairs, and I first noticed I could climb several flights quickly so much easier and with no shortness of breath.

I just read you original post more closely.

There is debate whether EQ actually helps connective tissue. There is some research that states it increases collagen production, but it's the wrong type of collagen (type III) for connective tissue. I didn't have any issues when I did my first cycle, so I don't know how good it is with injuries.

I would recommend 1 year HGH at 2-3IU a day. Or, stay on it and keep your body healing quickly and take that career a few years longer

I'm using HGH and I can tell you it does help connective tissue. My shoulder tendonitis is non-existent now.

Remember that steroids won't create new tissue, just make existing muscles cells larger for the most part (hypertrophy). HGH is what creates new tissue (hyperplasia), and it sounds like you need to do some rebuilding.

thanks for all the info. anyone else...feel free to chime in. anyone involved in mma that has experience with eq...

Thread Information