NotConvincedYet is offline Associate Member

Is this normal post cycle?

Ok, I am in to my 3rd week PCT (clomid/nolva), after a 10 week sust250 (2 x week) cycle. It was my first.

So... being almost 5 weeks since my last pin the pump I had whilst on cycle is gone, I am not feeling as 'thick' and mentally i feel as though i am shrinking. I gained approx 15lbs with the cycle, and have dropped approx 5lbs which i was expecting, and now maintaining. I just generally dont feel as 'masculine' as I was whilst 'on'.

I am still eating the same, training the same, and strength has maintained which are all positive.

Apart from that I am just recovering from some back acne which is slowly dissapearing as my pct continues. It got bad (i didn't run an AI which may be a learning lesson - especially reading swiftos most recent sticky). But I cant wear a singlet and havent been able to for the last 6-8 weeks.

All in all now that I am nearing the end of PCT, feeling how I do, and not being able to show off my gains cos I cant wear a singlet due o bad acne I am wondering whether roids are all the fuss they are cracked up to be. They are great whilst on, but afterwards you just wanna get back on. If you cant maintain that feeling and that superiority, then I kinda think 'what's the point???'

Is this the general consensus with how most feel post cycle?

sjamal1023 is offline Junior Member
    take hcg to keep gains. on my pct right now (hcg,nolva,letro,clomid) and I came back incredibly quickly. really glad I went with the hcg

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    PCT period is never easy for any AAS user due to various reasons, however, this does not mean that every user goes through the exact same process concerning gains, mood, pace and quality of recovery and whatnot during PCT.

1. You should have used an AI throughout your cycle, not only to combat estrogen related side effects such as acne, but also ensuring for a better recovery during PCT.

2. Following a HCG protocol throughout the cycle would have also ensured a better and faster recovery.

3. You are NOT supposed to eat and train the same once your cycle is over. I am sorry to say this but
    you should have looked into all of this before you started your cycle.

4. When did you start your PCT after the last pinning of Sustanon ? Please don't tell me 14 days.

5. I just checked your profile where you priorly posted your proposed PCT and dosing of Nolva and Clomid for the first 2 weeks are a bit weak. You should have run Nolvadex at 40mg for the first 2 weeks and Clomid at 100mg for the first 2 weeks. 4 weeks of each compound at the suggested doses would have been just fine concerning the lenght and content of your cycle.

Lastly, it is completely normal for anyone to feel not as masculine and hard during PCT. I guess it is needles to explain why so. Before jumping to a conclusion like ''whether roids are all the fuss they are cracked up to be'', however, one has to make sure that everything was done right throughout the process of cycling and post cycling, and in your case, it is far from perfection.

Live and learn though, I am sure your next cycle will be a better/more manageable and overall satisfactory experience for you.

[QUOTE=sjamal1023;5975635]take hcg to keep gains. on my pct right now (hcg,nolva,letro,clomid) and I came back incredibly quickly. really glad I went with the hcg[/QUOTE]

Bunch of bad advice here.

First, HCG is not a PCT agent. It should be used while cycling and stopped during PCT. Reasons have been stated for many times in this forum. Moreover, HCG use is irrelevant to keeping gains.

Second, you PCT compounds are off. Not only you do NOT need to use both Nolvadex and Letrozole , it is very likely that you will crash your estrogen completely if you do so.

Stick around the forum to learn more as a new member, not to give premature advice to other members who are already in trouble for having done something without a complete knowledge and/or experience over the subject.

Thanks Turkish. And yep, you have given great advice.

Believe it or not I studied my butt off for a good 12 months before diving in. Sometimes though, lessons are learned much more in real life.

To answer your question, I did start PCT 14 days after last pin HOWEVER I had to swap to test E for the last 3 or four pins as I ran out of sust.

I posted my PCT up numerous times and got feedback that all was ok regarding doses.

AI and HCG next time for sure. That was my biggest mistake.

Oh and even though training and eating are the same, my recovery is different to recovery when 'on'. More 'listening to your body!'.

I guess let this be a lesson to readers, it goes to show how you must put many of the pieces of the puzzle together.

Thanks Turkish, great advice. Appreciate your time.

Believe it or not I studied my butt off for a good 12 months before diving in. Sometimes though, lessons are learned much more in real life.

To answer your question, I did start PCT 14 days after last pin HOWEVER I had to swap to test E for the last 3 or four pins as I ran out of sust.

I posted my PCT up numerous times and got feedback that all was ok regarding doses.

Oh and even though training and eating are the same, my recovery is different to recovery when 'on'. More 'listening to your body!'.

I guess let this be a lesson to readers, it goes to show how you must put many of the pieces of the puzzle together.

DanB is offline Banned
    If you do decide to cycle again, research accutane, a low dose on cycle will prevent the acne

Quote Originally Posted by NotConvincedYet View Post

Your welcome.

Your PCT start time was right on, then. Well done.

There are no stone written elements concerning the lenght of one's PCT as well dosing of the subjected compounds, namely Nolvadex and Clomid. However, common sense tells us to design an aggressive PCT for an aggressive cycle, meaning that higher dosing of the mentioned compounds and possibly run at for longer than 4 weeks, as it is harder to recover from longer cycles that involve multiple compounds stacked at fairly high doses. As for your cycle, which is typically neither an aggressive nor a long one, people must have decided to advice rather on the light side concerning dosages, which I understand. Again, I personally would advice that Nolvadex is run at 40mg for the first 2 weeks and Clomid at 100mg for the first 2 as well. Regardless, employment of a solid AI and following a decent HCG injection protocol are also major determinants of a successful recovery.

As for the diet and training for PCT period, overeating is a strategy to maintain as much cycle gains as possible. This may lead to an increase in BF%, however, fat tissue can also play a role in sparing the lean tissue especially for those with single digit BF%. As for the training, switching from high volume to high intensity, which takes about half the training time of high volume training sessions, is also a valuable tactic to apply with cortisol management in mind. There is then the supplementation part to it... 3-4 gr of Vitamin C and Melatonin supplementation is also shown to manage cortisol for the sake of sparing the lean tissue...

Thread Information