sharmabrah is offline Banned

Anavar and the Young

Hey mates,

I know I have told a few people that I was initially wanting to do a cycle at my age (twenty), but then was put off the idea by a few vets on these boards. However considering anavar is regarded as the least harsh steroid out there (despite its liver toxicity), would it still be bad for a soon to be twenty one year old to try as his first cycle? I've been researching a great deal recently and just want your opinion on how bad the sides could be if I only did one cycle of anavar when I turned twenty one. Surely if I only did one cycle of anavar then the future repercussions would be almost non-existent? I also recently devised a diet plan for myself which I will be sticking to for the whole of my next uni semester (about three months) so hopefully I will get even better natural gains than what I have been. And if I stuck to this diet plan for the whole of my proposed cycle (zero alcohol/any other substances) with no cheat meals (I don't feel the need to have any bad food whatsoever while on my diet plan) and only water as a liquid, then surely an anavar cycle would produce more than decent results?

I just want your thoughts please, nothing negative. I am also happy to answer any questions you may want to ask me or whatever. Thanks lads.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmabrah View Post
    Hey mates,

I know I have told a few people that I was initially wanting to do a cycle at my age (twenty), but then was put off the idea by a few vets on these boards. However considering anavar is regarded as the least harsh steroid out there (despite its liver toxicity), would it still be bad for a soon to be twenty one year old to try as his first cycle? I've been researching a great deal recently and just want your opinion on how bad the sides could be if I only did one cycle of anavar when I turned twenty one. Surely if I only did one cycle of anavar then the future repercussions would be almost non-existent? I also recently devised a diet plan for myself which I will be sticking to for the whole of my next uni semester (about three months) so hopefully I will get even better natural gains than what I have been. And if I stuck to this diet plan for the whole of my proposed cycle (zero alcohol/any other substances) with no cheat meals (I don't feel the need to have any bad food whatsoever while on my diet plan) and only water as a liquid, then surely an anavar cycle would produce more than decent results?

I just want your thoughts please, nothing negative. I am also happy to answer any questions you may want to ask me or whatever. Thanks lads.
    Mate,
    to be honest, i've never met anyone (yet) that has only done one cycle and called it quits. the reason I'm saying hold offf on this idea is that var will still shut you down, or at least partially depending on you and the dose. I'm not sure why the urgency? Personally, I'd say leave it alone until your mid twenties. You will have to wrestle with this issue on your own, as the decision is yours alone. But if you were my son, I'd talk until I was blue in the face to get you to reconsider.
    Good luck!
    ---Roman

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Mate,
    to be honest, i've never met anyone (yet) that has only done one cycle and called it quits. the reason I'm saying hold offf on this idea is that var will still shut you down, or at least partially depending on you and the dose. I'm not sure why the urgency? Personally, I'd say leave it alone until your mid twenties. You will have to wrestle with this issue on your own, as the decision is yours alone. But if you were my son, I'd talk until I was blue in the face to get you to reconsider.
    Good luck!
    ---Roman
    I've been a skinny kid all my life mate - I know everyone says they started off skinny but I don't think you understand. I'm six foot one and only 165LBS. That is a joke. And it sounds really stupid when I say this, but you live your best years when you are young. You can go clubbing, to festivals and do anything when you are this age - so why not be big? It would take me at least three years to actually look like I have some size, that is a long time and wouldn't be able to do half the things you can when at the age I am at now. I just thought a cycle of anavar could really enhance my strength gains, and ultimately lead to better natural gains afterwards. It's really tempting mate, it really is.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    With that information then 100% anavar or any other steroid is NOT what you need. Yeah a LOT of us where skinny and as we matured we learned it was due to diet. We ALL though our diet was great, we ate tone but it was all BS. We didnt eat GOOD. Do you eat 6+ eggs for breakfast + oats? Do you eat 4+ chicken breast a day, tons of veggies, rice at least 3x a day, 6+ meals a day? I doubt it and neither did I.

You need to visit the diet section and learn what you should be eating and when you should be eating it. That is where you start.

stpete is offline Banned
    I've been a skinny kid all my life mate - I know everyone says they started off skinny but I don't think you understand. I'm six foot one and only 165LBS. That is a joke. And it sounds really stupid when I say this, but you live your best years when you are young. You can go clubbing, to festivals and do anything when you are this age - so why not be big? It would take me at least three years to actually look like I have some size, that is a long time and wouldn't be able to do half the things you can when at the age I am at now. I just thought a cycle of anavar could really enhance my strength gains, and ultimately lead to better natural gains afterwards. It's really tempting mate, it really is.
    You haven't maxed yourself out yet. Meaning you don't know how to eat to maximize gains. I highly recommend you visit the Nutrition Section for suggestions/opinions on your current diet. It will also help if you post your workout.

John Andrew is offline Member
    Try to understand. Lots of us were skinny! I was 39Kg age 24. This is a lifestyle, , you either put in the time and work for years or you do not. Up to you! Steroids are for athletes who have reached the peak, generally after 10 or more years. They are not for young men to play stupid games! Train! Eat! Sleep! Train! Eat! Sleep!

By the way I am now 57, did not use until 50 and still improved every year! John

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    With that information then 100% anavar or any other steroid is NOT what you need. Yeah a LOT of us where skinny and as we matured we learned it was due to diet. We ALL though our diet was great, we ate tone but it was all BS. We didnt eat GOOD. Do you eat 6+ eggs for breakfast + oats? Do you eat 4+ chicken breast a day, tons of veggies, rice at least 3x a day, 6+ meals a day? I doubt it and neither did I.

You need to visit the diet section and learn what you should be eating and when you should be eating it. That is where you start.
    Mate I'm a twenty year old uni student and I will be moving out of home at the end of the year. Do you think I have that sort of money to spend on food every week? That's a joke. Spending that much on food to only make like a 1KG gain a month. That's not very inspiring is it?

If you have the money to spend on gear you have the money to spend on food. Without the food you MAY gain some size but will loose it as fast if not faster than you gained it once you stop. You can not support the muscle mass with the protein from real food. Dont kid yourself thinking you can. Can you afford all the possible/probable side effect that go alone with using ass especially if anything goes wrong? It's a lot more expensive for a months cycle done properly than it is for good clean food. Stop eating out and cook your own meals. It's not that hard. No McDs, no fast food, no pre cooked meals. You save 50% or more right there and gain 100% quality.

If you don't believe me even though I have been there, done that just wait, you will have plenty of other people who way say the same thing due to experience but it's up to you if you want to make the same mistake as all the others who did like you want to or if you will have a little more intelligence and learn from their/our mistake.

rampaige77 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Dude i was 135 lbs at 18 years old when i started really lifting hard by the time i did my 1st cycle at 24 i weighed 235 had 18 inch arms n could bench 350 or so & thats b4 my 1st cycle , i worked in an institutional kitchen i ate 10-20 eggs a day a gallon of milk n as much tuna as i could choke down (i smelled horrible) but you got alot of room left to grow theres way better ways to do this that will stay , im sure if you run anavar even at a high dose at your current level the results will be underwhelming and not worth the risk

manmanman is offline Associate Member
    I agree if you have money to cycle you have money to eat,

Especially when you get a diet in check , you can cut out soft drinks , fast foods etc

Buying in bulk helps a lot, rice isn't expensive, supermarkets always have specials on nearly every product just different brands.

Once you deflate post cycle you would just end up doing another cycle to get back where you were on cycle,

And that will repeat itself untill you eat proper amount of nutritious high protein food.

Hopefully you will show some maturity and not just decide to stop posting or ignore all the advice you are getting. If you choose to ignore it then once you figure it out in a few years try to remember you SHOULD have listened...

gonzo6183 is offline Senior Member
    Mate I'm a twenty year old uni student and I will be moving out of home at the end of the year. Do you think I have that sort of money to spend on food every week? That's a joke. Spending that much on food to only make like a 1KG gain a month. That's not very inspiring is it?
    Bro if you cant afford the food there is NO point what so ever in doing a cycle, once you finish you need to not only continue to eat that way but you need to eat MORE, this doesnt stop, the bigger you get the more food you need and trust me it is all about quantity and quality.

My total expense for food including supps is $350 a week, just for me (and I dont buy fancy marketed crap, I buy 25kg drums so supps are cheap) although I do go all out eating only the best food I can get my hands on... No you dont beed to spend that kind of money and sh*ts a lot cheaper in the US BUT this is the key to your success, FOOD and lots of good quality food, I spent a year in the diet section before starting a cycle and damn glad I did, even though I was already 28 and thought I was ready.

And dont stress 25/30 isnt too old to have fun and have chicks all over you

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Hopefully you will show some maturity and not just decide to stop posting or ignore all the advice you are getting. If you choose to ignore it then once you figure it out in a few years try to remember you SHOULD have listened...
    Sorry mate I was busy. Yeah I've recently created a bulking diet for myself which I plan on implementing within the next two weeks. However I've posted on the nutrition forum before and got almost no replies, so it seems as though I won't get much help if I post my new diet in there. Also I doubt many people will help me with my current workout routine if I post it in the workout section. I'm currently really undecided on what to do - the advice you guys have given me is great, it really is. But you live your best years at my age when you can go to clubs and festivals and everything. If I stay natural I won't be big until twenty five - by that time there is almost nothing to do which being big is of benefit. Also, my small stature has damaged my confidence - no matter how sad that seems. I'm not only small, but I have small wrists and ankles, it's really embarrassing. I just want to be able to feel confident in myself and I know gaining size will make me feel more motivated and confident in myself. That sounds really gay brah but I'm not afraid to admit it.

It seems as though you are all of the opinion that I will be doing many cycles throughout my life which is wrong. I'd probably only do five maximum, and I just feel some anavar is the safest and would be a great boost to my strength and my weight gains in the future. Many people my age don't have the discipline or eating habits I will be implementing. So surely my gains would be impressive and the sides at a minimum with my proposed routine - perfect diet (no cheat meals even), perfect training routine, no alcohol, only water as liquids. But if you guys really think I can make great gains by staying natural, then I'm all for it.

Yeah the nutrition forum is kind of slow at times, especially weekends and they are VERY critical that you do most of the leg work first giving your diet in details including macros but once you do there are some VERY knowledgeable people willing to help. They just dont like to spoon feed people. Read the stick notes, there is a wealth of information there and it hurts my head just reading them. lol

Honesty as far as the workout routing. The best thing I have found or at least the best that has worked for me in the last 10 years and I gained the most size is working 1 body part a day 5x a week so only one body part a week. The only thing I mix in 2x a week is legs. You can mix things up for a couple of week every couple of months doing push/pull for a while but seriously 1 body part for 45 min to 1 hr is plenty and it gives you time to recover and grow. I use to work out 6 days a week, 1 1/2 -2 hrs a day. It was way over training and a big reason I could not gain size. I never gave myself enough time to fully recover and I never ate right to feed my muscles right after working out to recover.

Small wrist and ankles look GREAT once you start gaining size because it makes your arms and calfs look even bigger and it's 100% better than fat kankles or wrist..

Going to clubs and looking good wont make much difference if you end up getting ED from either high E2 levels or killing your test levels from not recovering after cycle or during pct. Acne is a big turn off to most girls also which a lot of younger guys go through using aas when their hormones have not leveled out yet and can leave nasty life long scars.

You will get a LOT better gains after you have gained more size naturally than trying to do both at the same time now. Time will go by a lot quicker than you think and gains will be a lot more impressive than you think once you start eating right and you will have no worries about quickly loosing the gains, water weight gain, looking puffy or getting a limp dick a baby balls.

You can make impressive gains. There are plenty of guys here who are natural and quite big. I know what you are feeling. Most of us have been there and it's SOOOOO tempting. I was lucky and didnt do it, I waited quite a long time due to life getting in the way but I'm very thankful I didnt use aas at a young are. I just which I knew then what I knew now or had someone to point me in the right direction besides a few BS magazines.

Remember weight gain drinks or protein drinks cant replace food/meals but used properly they are a great pre workout and post workout recover option so your dont end up using muscle for energy and continue to build.

So far you are showing promise compared to the masses your age who come here and wont even consider alternatives and only will listen to what they want to hear. Congrats. Keep listening, learning and going the right direction. I know it's frustrating when you have been working hard for years and dont see much progress. If you start eating right and training right it wont take long at all to see good and permanent changes. What is really nice is when people start accusing you of using steroids and you now your not. Big ego trip.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-01-2012 at 05:44 AM.

Atomini is offline Banned
    I just love it when people say "WTF BRO, I dont have the money to spend on tonnes of food like that! Fvck that shit! I'm spending money on gear so I can get results without food!" ....Uhhh wtf?

Meanwhile they're willing to drop a shit tonne of money on gear... which, by the way, you require the food along WITH it in order to put on any muscle at all.

No gear with inadequate food intake = NO gains.

Gear with inadequate food intake = NO gains!!

No gear with large food intake = great gains.

Gear with large food intake = incredible gains!

Why can't these people get this through their heads? If you can't put the muscle on without anabolic steroids , you won't ever put them on WITH anabolic steroids . And the end result will be: wasted money on cycles that didn't do a damn thing. Meanwhile you were bitching about money and cost, right? If food isn't affordable, you can be damn well sure that anabolic steroids aren't EITHER!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    lol, i love when guys think the best time is when your 20-21. Like thats when life peaks. I just turned 35 this weekend. I've done everything you ever dreamed of doing and probably did them multiple times. Trust me life is much better in your late 20's.
    If you cant afford to buy the extra food. Then you cant afford the a real parting lifestyle. Oh you go to a music festival or a college bar/ club.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

snowblowjoe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm surprised none of the vets have also pointed out how stupid it would be to take anavar if you're trying to bulk up and get bigger. A lot of it depends on your diet but anvar is generally a cutting steroid and would not add much mass due to it's very mild anabolic activity.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

I'm not really sure that is the case mate. It seems that way when you are young, since you are wanting to go clubbing and such.

But as you age, you unconsciously redifine what is important to you. Personally, I'm at an age where I'd rather NOT go clubbing, and don't. Because it is not important to me. For me, a good time is to jump on the harley, woman on the back, with a few of my mates on their harleys, and take off to destination X. It gets real fun if on the road for a few days, as it's the journey I like. True the destination is important, and i have fun there as well.

But you probably can't do that right now, since you're just a kid, don't have the cash to drop on a harley, or a woman that will take off with you for a week. So financially and other ways, this is probably outside the reach of what you can do. But as you get older, it will be, and you will discover it is one helluva lot of fun, and you'll think, damn! these are the best of days.

We have a tendency to define the "best of days" by what we are enjoying at the moment. So what is important to you today (clubbing) will probably NOT be important later.

So don't think that this is a one time opportunity of having fun, and the rest of your life will suck as you age. Trust me, it won't.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I'm not really sure that is the case mate. It seems that way when you are young, since you are wanting to go clubbing and such.

But as you age, you unconsciously redifine what is important to you. Personally, I'm at an age where I'd rather NOT go clubbing, and don't. Because it is not important to me. For me, a good time is to jump on the harley, woman on the back, with a few of my mates on their harleys, and take off to destination X. It gets real fun if on the road for a few days, as it's the journey I like. True the destination is important, and i have fun there as well.

But you probably can't do that right now, since you're just a kid, don't have the cash to drop on a harley, or a woman that will take off with you for a week. So financially and other ways, this is probably outside the reach of what you can do. But as you get older, it will be, and you will discover it is one helluva lot of fun, and you'll think, damn! these are the best of days.

We have a tendency to define the "best of days" by what we are enjoying at the moment. So what is important to you today (clubbing) will probably NOT be important later.

So don't think that this is a one time opportunity of having fun, and the rest of your life will suck as you age. Trust me, it won't.
    I agree. With age comes better financial freedom. Better toys. Better things you can do. I spent more on dinner and going out friday night then i would make in a month when i was 20.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

I appreciate all of your advice - it means a lot that there are some people out there who care about the well being of us young lads. I suppose I should be a man and understand the possible current and future side effects of AAS use at my age. I am excited by what the future holds for me so there is no point throwing that away just to do a cycle. It's tempting, it really is. But I should accept the fact that it is far too risky and pointless. And I guess having people saying "fuark brah what are you on" when I'm not on anything except for nutrition and training - that must be a good feeling. I've recently made my best diet and training routine to date yet, so I will be posting in the nutrition and workout forums - hopefully some of you guys will have some time to have a little look.

Thanks to "timesroman", "lovbyts", "stpete", "johnandrew", "rampaige", "manmanman", "gonzo", "atomini", "snowblowjoe" and "gixxerboy" - your input has been incredible and I really appreciate it. Hopefully you guys are still around in a few years when it's time for me to go to the dark side haha.

Well since everyone is jumping on the but you live your best years when you are young comment I will say something also. I agree with everyone else. I also THOUGHT that was true when I was 18+ but my 30s was better and honestly my mid 40s has been my best SO far. Once I get past a few injuries and such I'm hoping my early 50s will be even better.
    That being said of course if I could be 19/20 again I would do it in a heart beat... I'm still hoping for advanced cloning to happen soon so I can have a new body of myself cloned and incubated until it's around 18 - 20 but has NO conscious and at the time I decide have my thoughts, memories, everything transferred over to the new body and start over. Of course I would want it connected to a muscle stimulator 24/7 with the proper nutrients pumped into it so it would be in the best possible physical condition when I transferred my thoughts into it. LOL Yeah keep dreaming...

I didnt say anything about the anavar or how it should be run because it's a mute point, it shouldn't be used or any aas at this point. I think he is getting it and is being more mature than a lot of our newbies.

Yes I hope I'm still around also. lol I dot plan on going anyplace anytime soon even with the crummy last 1 1/2 years of life interfering with injuries and surgeries mostly unrelated to weight lifting except the shoulder I have tried to remain active. Thanks for listening and understanding. I have no doubt you will get a lot of good help and make some great gains in the near future.

That's the best thing about this site and what makes it stand out amoung all the other aas sites, it's the only one that really cares about peoples health and doing things right. We are not anti aas but pro health try to share real life as well as real clinical information and not a bunch of meat head letting the mouth run with what we think the best stack is without consideration of age, experience, health and long term effects.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-01-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Yeah thanks buddy. I don't want you all thinking that the only things I find important in life at this age to be clubbing, going to festivals (Avicii, Afrojack etc) and all that. I was just using it as an example. I'm excited by what the future may hold for me, I'm just usually an impatient person. Hopefully I can ignore this trait of mine and stay natural for a long time. It would be an amazing feeling to be massive and aesthetic and have people think you are on juice when all you've been on is hard work, nutrition and training. Can't wait for the future now that I think about it.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Listen up, and i'm going to be posting this in most of the threads like this I come across where guys who are too young are looking to juice,

The truth is, the potential side effects of steroid use are MOSTLY dose and duration related. Unfortunately, it's that very fact that prompts a lot of these guys here (mostly the new guys, but it even plagues experienced vets as well) to consider this particular drug use an almost benign endeavor. No one thinks they take too much. Everyone believes they have things under control. Problems only happen to the "other guy." And it's very very easy to go down that very slippery slope of thinking, and think that what you're doing is okay or that you're never taking too much just because you 'haven't had any problems so far'.

Attempting to set a guideline for responsible use of steroids isn't unlike setting boundaries for responsible alcohol use - it's too ambiguous and open to interpretation. No one ever wakes up one morning and says; "I'm going to be an alcoholic!" But it happens to millions of people each year. The same can be said for steroid use. Thousands upon thousands of men and women have sworn "I want to do just ONE cycle!" or "i'll never do more than X mg per week or stack more than X amount of compounds". Nice try. But once you've dipped into that bag of tricks, it's difficult to resist its allure and subsequent cycles are almost sure to follow. The better the gains, the greater the temptation to push the envelope further. And once you get used to feeling like Superman, it's tough to go back to being David Spade. That's when you've got a problem, whether you're willing to admit it or not. The only sane approach to steroid use, for those of us who've already decided to take the plunge, is to use them in a judicious fashion following certain stipulations. One of those stipulations being: if you're too young, stay away as long as you can until your body has matured enough and you're ready!

Once again, parameters become blurred by the individual's ability to rationalize. A tweak here and an alteration there won't make much of a difference, will it? That's what these new guys seem to be doing (even before they start their first cycle might I add!). Maybe. Maybe not. But only by staying within the boundaries can you be sure (or as close to it as possible) to avoid contraindications.

ata1979 is offline Associate Member
    I dont know what your expecting from anavar but a KG a month naturally is incredible. I think you got some wierd expectations. I'v e probably done more Anavar then anyone on here and on a good cycle I gain a maximum of 4-5 KGs. If you can still gain a KG a month naturally your not ready for steroids . Besides the whole age thing, steroids are meant to be used once you hit your natural plateau.

And you also said that you cant spend that much money on food... what you think Anavar is cheap. You can eat steak everyday for 2-3 months for the price of an anavar cycle... which is what you should be doing

ata1979 is offline Associate Member
    doing just one cycle... hahaha... thats like someone who quit smoking saying I'll just smoke one.

Quote Originally Posted by ata1979 View Post
    I dont know what your expecting from anavar but a KG a month naturally is incredible. I think you got some wierd expectations. I'v e probably done more Anavar then anyone on here and on a good cycle I gain a maximum of 4-5 KGs. If you can still gain a KG a month naturally your not ready for steroids . Besides the whole age thing, steroids are meant to be used once you hit your natural plateau.

And you also said that you cant spend that much money on food... what you think Anavar is cheap. You can eat steak everyday for 2-3 months for the price of an anavar cycle... which is what you should be doing
    Yeah this is true thanks for your advice. I plan on staying natural for as long as possible and hopefully I'll get some rewards with my new diet. Money isn't an issue - just when I move out it might be. Anyway, I would have thought I could gain more than 1KG a month at my stats? I'm only twenty and been at the gym for a year without even taking training or my diet seriously. I'm 185CM and 75KG, so surely I could still make massive newbie gains with a perfect diet? I'm hoping so anyway. I know I sound impatient but I just hope all my hard earned money spent on food won't be a waste.

Thread Information