MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member

The truth about keeping gains after your cycle!!!

Theres many rumors floating around about just how much of the gains you actually keep and for how long one can keep them after going off a productive cycle.

Well I think everyone knows clomid is a must but how about the training and diet adjustments?

I myself usually cut down on calories, protein, and workout volume about two weeks after a cycle is over. I also take creatine.

My training routine drops from a three on one day off to a three day split. i SIMPLE DON'T HAVE THE DESIRE OR ENERGY TO KEEP TRAINING AT THE SAME LEVEL WHILE OFF STEROIDS .

My calories are reduced by 25 percent inorder to keep fat levels down.I HAVE FOUND I START GETTING FAT IF I CONTINUE TO EAT THE SAME AMOUNT OF CALORIES I DID WHEN I WAS ON A CYCLE.

My protein is reduced from 400 grams to 200 grams per day. I SIMPLY CANNOT STOMACH 400GRAMS OF PROTEN ALL THE TIME. IT ALSO GETS PRETTY DARN EXPENSIVE.

My creatine intake is 3 grams perday with cranberry juice. CREATINE HELPS PUT WATER BACK INTO THE MUSCLE AND THIS HELPS ME KEEP UP THE TRAINING POUNDAGES THAT ARE SO HARD TO KEEP WHEN COMING OFF A CYCLE.

Yes my strength reduces some and I lose some body weight but I have found my gains are pretty solid from the above regime.

I would be interested in hearing what others do to help maintain strength, size and lean mass after coming off a cycle. Theres several sites on the net that claim you will eventually lose all gains made while on steroids and that some drugs like DECA stay with us longer then ANAVAR per se. I would be interested in learning more about this topic since I'm new to steroids.

Thanks for your input"BIG GUYS" !

joe_capone is offline Member
    cell tech thats some tight shit for post cycle... did that off cycle kept all my gains. this was 4 months ago.. and im still the same comming off that primo winny cycle. good luck to you. as for protien... i intake about 200-300 grams per day depending how hungry i am.. i just make sure theres enough protien in my meals.. not having a problem with fat. if you seem to get fat just do cardio only days at least 2 times a week focus on it do ur abs.. u will be fine. well it works for me.. but everyones diffrent

joe_capone is offline Member
    as for strength bro... its tough to maintain unless u wanna get fat by eating alot of carbs and keeping ur met down. cell tech does help by 40% on strength maintaining.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Up your calories and switch to a powerlifting style routine. Myself and many other experienced people can attest this to being one of the best way to keep your gains. I never lose any....

A hypocaloric diet is a bad idea, thats a good way to lose your gains. Eat the right types at the right times and fat gain can easily be minimized.

Cell Tech...lol

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Billy_Bathgate
    I never lose any....
    wow, you never lose any? not a pound of muscle or any strength? i won't doubt you, but it's not that common to keep every single pound and every bit of strength.

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    It's quite common for guys who have not yet reached their genetic limit to keep all their gains after a cycle.

It's much more difficult to keep you gains when you are a huge freak well over your genetic limits.

To help keep your gains I agree that taking creatine and continuing with a high carb and high protein diet is the way to go. Not as much food as when on a cycle - it's not necessary, but at least enough to maintain gains. Each individual must work out how much they must eat to maintain their gains.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    For the most part...the NET gain yes. Immdediately after..I may see a couple lbs go and a bad day in the gym...but a month later my stats are always a tad bit higher than when I ended my cycle.

Dbout me... well hows this for you

3yrs ago I was 5'7" 170 lbs

Last summer I was 5'7" 255lbs without higher bf than I started...I dunno 12-16% area...

Believe me, I am way past my genetic limit if you want to assign one. The Ave weight in my family is 160lbs. Dont assume someone is a newbie because they know what they are doing IF you think thats newbie status I have to assume you are well over 300lbs then.

I got sick of bodybuilding though and am switching to full PL. Who knows how far I could have gone though. 250 at 5'7" felt huge. Man I hated dieting though....

The key is all in knowing what you are doing. That and an advanced recovery program.

I have found a PL style training routine to be perfect for myself. I eat very high protien and clean up the carbs. Fat is low, as it usually is. This without ever using slin or GH for bridging too btw.

Perhaps I just recover well though....

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with Billy. Lowering caloric intake while fighting catabolism post cycle is not a good idea. Eating the right Macros at the right times can prevent to much fat from accumulating. I also prefer to go to a more PL type style although I spend the majority of my year that way. I do usually allow for extra time between Body Parts and extra sleep.

Slypknot is offline Member
    This is a great post for me as I'm about to start clomid (3 weeks after last inject). I'm already noticing quite a difference in the gym and out - getting sore the next day after going 12 weeks without hardly any soreness..... booooo

My trainer has me on a seriously tough diet - trying to help me maintain gains but cut body fat. It consists of mainly chicken, white rice, oats, xenadrine and only 2 protein shakes a day.... this is an extreme drop from what I was eating on cycle (4 shakes a day, 8 meals, etc). Guess I'll see how my body responds and how much of this beautiful mass I can hold on to....

Thread Information