diabolicsoul is offline Associate Member

Does orals cause any damage to your stomach.

Specifically Tbol?

I damaged my stomach lining from ingesting too much caffeine and anti inflammatory's. Stopped taking both, felt like a zombie the first two weeks, but feel more energized and normal now, but a damaged stomach lining surprisingly takes a long time to heal.

I still got myself a few months to go and next week im starting TB500, so maybe that would speed the healing, along with some other injuries. I plan on going to the doctor next week as well, maybe he can give me something to aid the healing as well. Cheers.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I will take a wild stab at this and say that orals do not damage your stomach, as they are primarily metabolized in the liver. It is the liver you need to be concerned with when taking orals.

Since I still have my knife, I'll take another stab and say that it was probably the caffeine (was it coffee?) that hurt your stomach. I get this too from drinking too much coffee, and results in my having to take prilosec.

on reread, NSAIDS (the anti inflammatories you mentioned) can hurt your stomach too.

Ok. My knife is now dull, so no more me taking stabs at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I will take a wild stab at this and say that orals do not damage your stomach, as they are primarily metabolized in the liver. It is the liver you need to be concerned with when taking orals.

Since I still have my knife, I'll take another stab and say that it was probably the caffeine (was it coffee?) that hurt your stomach. I get this too from drinking too much coffee, and results in my having to take prilosec.

on reread, NSAIDS (the anti inflammatories you mentioned) can hurt your stomach too.

Ok. My knife is now dull, so no more me taking stabs at it.
    Caffeine pills were the primary cause, ibuprofen makes it feel much worse. So I cut out the ibuprofen altogether, and stuck to coffee since it caused less pain then the caffeine pills. Over a few months, I decided to let my stomach fully heal and cut out caffeine as well. I'm on week 3-4 and it has improved, but not as much as I was hoping. Although drinking 1-2 times a week is hindering the process, I plan on quitting that next week.

Both caffeine and ibuprofen can cause stomach problems. So those were the main factors.

The reason I asked this question is that I remembered I read that some guy was taking dbol and it almost caused a stomach ulcer.

Quote Originally Posted by diabolicsoul View Post
    Caffeine pills were the primary cause, ibuprofen makes it feel much worse. So I cut out the ibuprofen altogether, and stuck to coffee since it caused less pain then the caffeine pills. Over a few months, I decided to let my stomach fully heal and cut out caffeine as well. I'm on week 3-4 and it has improved, but not as much as I was hoping. Although drinking 1-2 times a week is hindering the process, I plan on quitting that next week.

Both caffeine and ibuprofen can cause stomach problems. So those were the main factors.

The reason I asked this question is that I remembered I read that some guy was taking dbol and it almost caused a stomach ulcer.
    are you taking the dbol with food? because you probably should.....

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    are you taking the dbol with food? because you probably should.....
    The guy wasn't me. I read an old post on this board about a guy taking Dbol and nearly getting a stomach ulcer from it. But, no he said he was taking it on an empty stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by diabolicsoul View Post
    The guy wasn't me. I read an old post on this board about a guy taking Dbol and nearly getting a stomach ulcer from it. But, no he said he was taking it on an empty stomach.
    and the advice he should have received if it were causing stomach problems is to take with a meal

it's good you are cautious though.

'good question!

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Orals CAN cause stomach issues in some users. Common problems include diarrhea, nausea, dyspepsia, reduced appetite. Not everyone experiences these problems - I am one of those who do. Var, drol, dbol , all cause stomach issues for me. Taking orals with food will help as will probiotics and digestive enzymes for maintaining stomach flora.

I prefer ranitidine or famitodine for heart burn. The PPIs like Prilosec have a very bad rebound effect and can make GI problems worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Orals CAN cause stomach issues in some users. Common problems include diarrhea, nausea, dyspepsia, reduced appetite. Not everyone experiences these problems - I am one of those who do. Var, drol, dbol , all cause stomach issues for me. Taking orals with food will help as will probiotics and digestive enzymes for maintaining stomach flora.

I prefer ranitidine or famitodine for heart burn. The PPIs like Prilosec have a very bad rebound effect and can make GI problems worse.
    Thanks, and yeah, I have a feeling I might be one of those users, since my stomach is already fairly sensitive.

I've been taking zantac 150. Two pills in the morning and two at night. Apparently it's best if you don't eat 4 hours before bed. Things like yogurt are suppose to kind of form a barrier on your stomach wall to promote healing, and taking probiotics.

I just need to cut out the booze on weekends and ill be golden.

Above all though. Herbal peppermint tea has made the biggest difference. It really soothes your stomach, at least with my problems.

Thread Information