1st Quad Pin Soon--Need 2 flex Quad or Relaxed OK? Question on Delt & General PIN que

title: "1st Quad Injection Soon--Need to flex Quad or Relaxed Position ok? Question on Delt & general PIN question"

The following 3-5 sentences is some brief background info. which you may find interesting.

Yesterday, I pinned my left shoulder. I NEVER felt the insertion or "penetration stage" of the Pin soooo painful!

It turned out, I had pinned a little TOO high upon carefully looking at the diagram I had printed from my computer. High like where the TOP of the ball of the shoulder is...Maybe I hit some fat tissue?

(I had been pinning my delts since August 2012 so that's saying much.)

Blood drooled down my shoulder and all the way to my forearm and even wrist. It didn't spurt out, but it scared me.

When I had tried to aspirate , I found it difficult and my hands started to shake. I DO have shakey hands. I don't know why. I am not an alcoholic.

I really need a better area to pin...with BOTH hands since I have shakey hands doing an aspiration with 1 hand will make my hands shake and add trauma to my PIN site.

So Im going to try the outer Quads with a 1 inch pin.

Spotinjections dot com does not have IMO good diagrams..

When I attempt MY 1ST QUAD INJECTION IN 2 HOURS OR SO from now, Should my leg be extended (flexed) or can it be relaxed? The guy in that aforesaid diagram is standing up and has his leg flexed so you see his quad muscles. Another pic shows a relaxed quad.

QUESTIONS:

1) Can I inject in quads either relaxed or flexed and it's a question of choice/personal taste?

2) How many inches from the "joint" (where the pelvis meets the leg) should I go down the quad, if I'm pinning outer quads, with a 1 inch needle? I think 5-6 inches and then hit the outer part?

(I know it depends, but I'm like 5 feet 10 inches tall...can anyone give a general number of inches down from the joint where the bottom of the ab (or pelvis) meets the leg?)

(I don't like pinning the quads, (cos too many nerves and near the sciatica--PLUS AT LEAST ON MY BOD--I SEE TOO MANY DISTANT BLUEY VEIN BRANCHES.) but you can aspirate with BOTH hands.)

3) So, I'd like to return to pinning my delts . You know the "V" part of the Delt? The part that gets pronounced when you do front deltoid raises with a dumbell?--Well as a GENERAL RULE, Should I pin like 1 inch up from that "V"??

4) Is it better to err on Pinning the delts too low than too high?

Thanks for all your help during these difficult times.... here's a gift I give in exchange for your help: "I recommend 'HIT (High Intensity Training) the Dvd by Mike Mentzer.' It was released in 2004 even though Mike passed away in 2001. It's very interesting to see him and his brother and his training style. He kind of lost a lot of muscle mass when you think that only in 1980 he was a big contender for the Mr. O. He sounds like a scientist in his delivery of his training style." (i saw it yesterday--it's a netflix movie)

Thanks again...

Chris J is offline Associate Member
    Dude what is your cycle history and stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
    Dude what is your cycle history and stats?
    stat 5 feet 10, 8 % bodyfat, been pinning delts & pecs 4 alternating spotss. weight 206 pounds

cycle history too long to mention...that with all due respect really won't help in answering a quad pin injection and better delt pin question like this one.

dbol and test to make it short for you.

thanks any one else anything further?

im about to pin mhyself soon and blame any bad consequences on Zach California-ass-kiss because i saw him pin his quad in the film hangover2 haha

Stosh_112 is offline Productive Member
    I pin my quads relaxed. Never had a problem. A lil more than halfway up from the knee, and an inch or 2 to the outside of the quad.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Relaxed, and your over analyzing where to do it. Split your upper leg into thirds. Middle third lateral medial, so half way between the top and the outer side. This is a large area to inject in. go on youtube for a visual.

BlueWaffle21 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Cycle history too long and you're 5'10" 206lbs? You should hit the diet section!! Also, long cycle history and you've never hit quads or delts??

Watch for nerves, you'll know when you're close!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh_112 View Post
    I pin my quads relaxed. Never had a problem. A lil more than halfway up from the knee, and an inch or 2 to the outside of the quad.
    thanks now this, THIS...this is a good answer...thorough..and short.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria View Post
    Relaxed, and your over analyzing where to do it. Split your upper leg into thirds. Middle third lateral medial, so half way between the top and the outer side. This is a large area to inject in. go on youtube for a visual.
    thanks

champ14 is offline Junior Member
    As long as u get it in the muscle u are good. I always do quads and I love it. I actually look forward to it. I do it standing and in the upper part of the outside. Just flex your leg from the side to see where that large mass of muscle is and do it there. I also put most of the weight on my opposite foot which helped a lot

Nice. bluedoodoowaffle...

not everyone is like ur 180 pound all-muscle profile pic...

ur very observant aren't u??? (from the limited info. i gave)

maybe i need to hit the training section not just the nutrition section, huh? why not that?

how old are you???

miracle how u became a "senior member"

i guess there's 1 everywhere....right folks???

ok does anyone have any constructive advice on how to avoid hitting nerves or how do you know when you hit a nerve? (that's scary now that I think about it)...

is a Testosterone IM self-injector going to jump from his seat which is risky behavior upon penetrating the pin in? is that how you know a nerve has been hit?

i think slightly flexing it like u suggest putting weight on opposite leg is a good idea..

i shaved the quad took a shower and injected.

the quad was rubbery.

Only a teeny bit of the needle was visible.. meaning it DID NOT go ALL the way in (to the nub)

none of the juice ooze out either which sometimes happens with my pecs or delts.

There was a spot of blood, but that's sometimes to be expected.

you or anyone else can continue ur thoughts on this cos me and other's might still benefit from ur input. Thanks to all the good advice givers!

Quote Originally Posted by MakeUpLostTimeFast View Post
    Nice. bluedoodoowaffle...

not everyone is like ur 180 pound all-muscle profile pic...

ur very observant aren't u??? (from the limited info. i gave)

maybe i need to hit the training section not just the nutrition section, huh? why not that?

how old are you???

miracle how u became a "senior member"

i guess there's 1 everywhere....right folks???

ok does anyone have any constructive advice on how to avoid hitting nerves or how do you know when you hit a nerve? (that's scary now that I think about it)...

is a Testosterone IM self-injector going to jump from his seat which is risky behavior upon penetrating the pin in? is that how you know a nerve has been hit?
    You've been give the answer to your question, If you feel someone is giving you a rip try to take the high road.

I watchED a youtube vid.

*i took stosh 112 advice. I went down from the knee cap a tad little more down than the half-way-point of the upper leg then headed right about 2 inches to the outer quad (cos i pinned the right quad)

the quad was rubbery.

Only a teeny bit of the needle was visible.. meaning it DID NOT go ALL the way in (to the nub)

none of the juice ooze out either which sometimes happens with my pecs or delts.

*I welcome more constructive comments/advice for future quad injections: Anyone else can continue ur thoughts on this cos me and other's might still benefit from ur input. Thanks to all the good advice givers! ESPECIALLY ON HOW TO AVOID HITTING NERVES (if that's possible) or how exactly do you know when u hit a nerve (I.E. SHARP PAIN THAT MIGHT COS THE NEEDLE TO BREAK?--I HOPE NOT)

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quads are by far my favorite and most used injection spot. I always go in slow so that if I tap a nerve I can fell it a little instead of A LOT! I prefer to pinch the skin between my fingers hard helping to numb it a bit and then slowley push in.

I try my best to relax the quad to avoid trauma! 1.5" 25G and once I get past the 1st 1/2 inch or so..I feel nothing!

I watchED a youtube vid.

*i took stosh 112 advice. I went down from the knee cap a tad little more down than the half-way-point of the upper leg then headed right about 2 inches to the outer quad (cos i pinned the right quad)

the quad was rubbery.

*I welcome more constructive comments/advice for future quad injections: Anyone else can continue ur thoughts on this cos me and other's might still benefit from ur input. Thanks to all the good advice givers! ESPECIALLY ON HOW TO AVOID HITTING NERVES (if that's possible) or how exactly do you know when u hit a nerve (I.E. SHARP PAIN THAT MIGHT COS THE NEEDLE TO BREAK?--I HOPE NOT)
    Sounds like you nailed it, good job. Hips are the next best spot if you ask me. It's by far the hardest to landmark on your own, you kinda need someone to landmark for you, but it's by far the safest spot and next to painless.

You've been give the answer to your question, If you feel someone is giving you a rip try to take the high road.
    i normally do take the high road cos im high class, and just like my user name i need to make up lost time fast and not waste time on trivial stuff....

but sometimes it's not enough to teach...one must punish as well... (to get ur point across) he can consider it tough love and learn before he posts stupid shit
    Last edited by MakeUpLostTimeFast; 01-18-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Quads are by far my favorite and most used injection spot. I always go in slow so that if I tap a nerve I can fell it a little instead of A LOT! I prefer to pinch the skin between my fingers hard helping to numb it a bit and then slowley push in.

I try my best to relax the quad to avoid trauma! 1.5" 25G and once I get past the 1st 1/2 inch or so..I feel nothing!
    thanks lunk u always give great advice..... i can walk w/o any problems

Sounds like you nailed it, good job. Hips are the next best spot if you ask me. It's by far the hardest to landmark on your own, you kinda need someone to landmark for you, but it's by far the safest spot and next to painless.
    thanks...u are a good authority becos of ur health-care industry background... it's a relief....thanks again

Thinkin of Tatooing the perfect pin with a small TAT...(on both pecs, both delts, & both quads) The perfect spot would be tatooed...the spot where i never had a prob (no blood) when i pull backed and aspirated, nor hit a nerve.

anyone have any thoughts on this somewhat unique idea???

(tats on perfect pin sites)

how would this exactly be done? right after a pin don't put a bandaid then mark it up with a magic marker when the pin spot has clotted/dried, then go to the Tattoo parlor for a dot Tat exactly on the aforesaid, marked perfect pin spot?

Thinkin of Tatooing the perfect pin with a small TAT...(on both pecs, both delts, & both quads) The perfect spot would be tatooed...the spot where i never had a prob (no blood) when i pull backed and aspirated, nor hit a nerve.

how would this exactly be done? right after a pin don't put a bandaid then mark it up with a magic marker when the pin spot has clotted/dried, then go to the Tattoo parlor for a dot Tat exactly on the aforesaid, marked perfect pin spot?
    If this is serious...keep in mind tattooing creates scar tissue basicly everywhere. Sometimes if I get acne in the tattoo area it is a bytch to pop because of it! Besides the ink is always there...I dont think I would tatt an ijection spot! You will just know after time and practice!

EFFIN GREEN DOT THAT'S ON PERFECT PIN SITES....AM I THE PERSON WHO 1ST CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA??? YEAH, BABY! IM GOIN TO PUT A PATENT ON THIS IDEA...haha

you know ur a hard-core, loyal juicer when u get a green-dot-perfect-pin-spot-tat (gdppst)

blood in, blood out

once u get that gdppst u are signing an informal contract to A.A.S.-use for at least 5 yrs probably longer--5 years of being SERIOUS about nUTRItion, training and generally SERIOUS ABOUT GOOD HEALTH!

thanks...u are a good authority becos of ur health-care industry background... it's a relief....thanks again
    Bold move. We'll hire just about anybody. J/K. If anybody is a good authority healthcare wise it's MuscleInk. I'm not even qualified to get his coffee.

Bold move. We'll hire just about anybody. J/K. If anybody is a good authority healthcare wise it's MuscleInk. I'm not even qualified to get his coffee.
    Oh stop...please edit your post before his big bald head reads it!

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Spotinjections.com has never let me down.

HAPPY mlk jr bday this monday! enjoy the extra day off...
    and peace on earth to our fellow bros and sisters..

and learn from 1 of the world's good role models

listening to yester-me, yester-u, yester-day by stevie wonder.

peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Oh stop...please edit your post before his big bald head reads it!
    Hey man, you never know when you might need to be in a Dr's good books...

fishizzle0927 is offline Associate Member
    i also warm up the chemical before i inject, food for thought....... also i wouldnt recomend the tat for what lunk said and not only is the tat scare tissue but the injection site if not moved a bit each time will knot up with scare tissue as well....

Hey man, you never know when you might need to be in a Dr's good books...
    I've seen those books...not one you want to be in lol!

Thread Information