Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: How many of us still smoke cigs??

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    I unfortunately still smoke. Have an addictive personality. Some might say that is bull shit but I don't think so. And the better I get at my job...the more bored I get because I get my shot done faster....then leads to more smoking. I'm not a 2 pack a day but I do smoke more then a pack. I am embarrassed to say that honestly. Mg question to the guys who have quit. How hard was it....how or what made u do it. I'm not a vapor guy. I've tried chantix. And nothing. Not even the sides.
    I quit cold turkey twice lol. The first time I quit for 2 years. Just picked up starting smoking again about 8months ago and just quit 8 days ago. Even when I hadn't smoked for that 2 years I still craved them on multiple occasions. That urge never goes away it's just how bad do you want to quit I suppose.
    RigPig likes this.

frighteous is offline Junior Member
    only dbags smoke

frighteous is offline Junior Member
    doc that means ur a dbag too, sorry. you are not exempt.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    Don't wait till New Years. NOBODY keeps a New Years Resolution. Take a look at the gym, in January it totally sucks and by February it's back to normal.
    Have you noticed that the weak always come up with an excuse to justify their actions, its a well known trait the weak minded have but they can never see it only the strong
    Grymreefer likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I smoked from when I was 13 until I was 25. Started off stealing packs from my mother's carton to having a 2 pack a day habit. Then one day, I ran out and was too lazy to go to the store and buy more. That was the end of it. Sure there were strong cravings, but anybody who can't NOT do something is a fvcking weak pvssy. And so they make up excuses to justify it for themselves. They often say shit like "I want to smoke" or "I've quit 3 or 4 times" No, you didn't quit 3 or 4 times, because there you are smoking again.

And you don't need the patches, the gum or any type of prescription drug to "help" you quit. Those are a huge market for pvssies that are too weak to quit. And they're huge, expensive scams too. Nobody who uses that shit quits. They might go a few days or weeks but sooner or later they're back to puffing the sticks.
    marcus300 likes this.

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    I unfortunately still smoke. Have an addictive personality. Some might say that is bull shit but I don't think so.

And the better I get at my job...the more bored I get because I get my shot done faster....then leads to more smoking. I'm not a 2 pack a day but I do smoke more then a pack.

I am embarrassed to say that honestly.

Mg question to the guys who have quit. How hard was it....how or what made u do it. I'm not a vapor guy. I've tried chantix. And nothing. Not even the sides.
    When YOU are ready -the rest is easy. I found chewing gum or hard candy to help fill the void at first, having a coin or something to help keep your hands busy when bored. 2packs a day to 0 cigs a day overnight. But i committed to training so it helps me vent. I began smoking more as i got better at my job as well. Its tough man but like I said - once YOU are ready you will know. I completely avoid drinking because I know it goes great with a cig.
    saymass003 likes this.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    I smoked for 30 yrs (Camels & Buglar) and quit 1 1/2 yrs ago.
    I vape now and am happier than I have ever been. More energy, more money, no more nasty taste in my mouth and tobacco all over the place, work, play, train, sex...everything is better since I quit.
    I took two hits off a cig about 3 months after I had quit because my battery for my e-cig died and my charger was at home.
    It tasted so nasty!!! I threw the cig out and went out and bought a disposable e-cig.
    Have never touched a cig since and never will.
    Free at last!!!!

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    I feel for ya! It's about the most addictive thing out there. I think many of us who are consistently into training have addictive behavior issues. Luckily for me, I never started smoking. I do have to watch other temptations. Best of luck!

rollingthunder is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    The average smoker will die 10 years sooner because of smoking.
    yes, but those years are at the end of your life, and they are crappy anyway!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theblaze1987 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm just wondering how many of us smoke cigs and train hard too? I know it's a terrible habit I need to quit and trust me it's not that I have not tried, god have I tried, I've kicked it for months, but the craving was always there and only took time to break me back down and once I has one I had a habit again. I ride a bicycle 20 miles a day and weight lift too, I don't caugh or loose my breath to bad but I'm sure it could be better if I didn't smoke, a lot better in sure. But back to my question I'm just curious to how many of us workout, and still have the habit??

TOUGH habit to break bro,,,BUT hang in there. You can beat it!

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rollingthunder View Post

They are crappy cause you smoked for you entire life...

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by rollingthunder View Post
    Yeah, but tobacco is going to age you quicker and make your final days even worse. Ever see somebody die from mouth or throat cancer? It's a fvcking shitty way to go.

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    never smoked and no alcohol for me,thanks
    i think that they are very temporary "good feeling makers?!" and their benefit to risk ratio is low

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information