boisebeast is offline Member

Did you have teen acne? Do you get acne on cycle now?

Anyone out there have bad acne as a teen? When you run gear now do you get bad acne (on cycle or during PCT? I had horrible acne as a teen and got it squared with accutane. I have clear skin now, but I'm curious if I had it when I was younger, am I extremely likely to break out badly with gear?

All responses appreciated, whether you get horrible acne or none at all. Curious to hear what you all have to say

TasteDaHate is offline New Member
    my "teen" acne cleared up when I started cycling... I guess my hormones were unbalanced.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I did and I took Accutane in my early twenties. I'm on TRT now and I do get Acne and it gets a little worse on a blast. I'm actually taking antiobiotics now to clear some of it up.

Deal Me In is offline Member
    I had bad acne as a teen, I'm 41 now. Used Accutane at 18 I think and have had clear skin ever sense. A couple of years ago I tried EQ and it gave me really bad backne. I mean really bad. I had to stop taking it. But none on my face which I thought was weird. No issues with any other AAS. Test, deca , tren , var, no issues.

My acne is fine on cycle.
    It gets worse when I come off.
    No PCT since I am on TRT.

Thanks for the replies. I wish there was a way to test the waters so you knew how bad it would be before going on cycle... guess it's just one of those things you won't know until you try

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had minimal acne as a teen, none during my cycle but since I've finished PCT I have more acne on my chest and back then I've ever had in my life. It's a piss off. Still trying to find what works for me in terms of a cure. It's getting better with time but I wouldn't take a sunny beach vacation right now..

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    Anyone out there have bad acne as a teen? When you run gear now do you get bad acne (on cycle or during PCT? I had horrible acne as a teen and got it squared with accutane. I have clear skin now, but I'm curious if I had it when I was younger, am I extremely likely to break out badly with gear?

All responses appreciated, whether you get horrible acne or none at all. Curious to hear what you all have to say
    I did have some acne as a teenager and SOME gear did make it worse sometimes but typically
    I would only have problems AFTER my cycles. Use some Acne Annihilator by Platinum Labz and
    you wont have any worries.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Yes and yes. Bad acne as a teenager, and again with TRT. Nothing on my face, but back and shoulders have been bad. Nothing short of Accutane worked to clear it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35
    Yes and yes. Bad acne as a teenager, and again with TRT. Nothing on my face, but back and shoulders have been bad. Nothing short of Accutane worked to clear it up.
    Did accutane permanently cute it or did it come back? I had to use it as a teen, it's pretty hard on the liver

Grymreefer is offline Associate Member
    Accutane if I remember was prescribed for cystic acne which comes from hormonal changes during puberty at least mine was prescribed for it. IMO I never got the results, but I was also an inpatient 15 year old who couldn't stay consistent with taking a damn pill. I did however develop Crohn's sores later on in my late teens. I was one of the few that developed literally every symptom you could possibly get, but it could have been because of my inconsistent dosing. Do you guys remember what dose you took? I took 80mg which my dermatologist then dropped down to 60mg because of sides then later taken off because of the extreme dry skin it created.
    In terms of keeping the acne away my brother took it and never had acne after 16 he is 28 now, but he also doesn't administer exogenous hormones to his body.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Can't say, I'm still using it now. I'm running a lower dose than what drs normally prescribe. I'm using 20mg/day right now. I've read a few studies from Europe that had success at lower doses with less effect on the liver so decided to try it. Been on it about 4 months and acne is about 80% cleared up right now. I had blood work done about 2 months into it and my liver panel was well within normal range. I do take liver care daily for liver health.
    Last edited by Baxter35; 10-25-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Grymreefer is offline Associate Member
    Good luck man. Acne can be a bitch. I finally got mine under control by just being more aware of what I eat. Though I know breakouts for me personally, are almost inevitable if I were to start consuming well over my caloric intake. I don't know if Accutane contributed to my G.I problems I experience now. There is a difference between causation and association. I also discovered I had unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia around the same time they discovered the sore and lanced it. This happened almost 4 years later so it is hard to tell if some of my other bad habits could have contributed.
    Austinite's acne protocol is what I follow now. Cleared all my comedones and blackheads. My teenage acne has never been resurrected from any form of AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Grymreefer View Post
    Accutane if I remember was prescribed for cystic acne which comes from hormonal changes during puberty at least mine was prescribed for it. IMO I never got the results, but I was also an inpatient 15 year old who couldn't stay consistent with taking a damn pill. I did however develop Crohn's sores later on in my late teens. I was one of the few that developed literally every symptom you could possibly get, but it could have been because of my inconsistent dosing. Do you guys remember what dose you took? I took 80mg which my dermatologist then dropped down to 60mg because of sides then later taken off because of the extreme dry skin it created.
    In terms of keeping the acne away my brother took it and never had acne after 16 he is 28 now, but he also doesn't administer exogenous hormones to his body.
    Don't remember what dosage I took, I had pretty much no sides other than extremely dry skin and elevated liver enzymes when I was on (which is pretty typical of harsher orals).

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    Can't say, I'm still using it now. I'm running a lower dose than what drs normally prescribe. I'm using 20mg/day right now. I've read a few studies from Europe that had success at lower doses with less effect on the liver so decided to try it. Been on it about 4 months and acne is about 80% cleared up right now. I had blood work done about 2 months into it and my liver panel was well within normal range. I do take liver care daily for liver health.
    I'd be really curious to hear how your results are long term from now. Best of luck to you man, I hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Grymreefer View Post
    Good luck man. Acne can be a bitch. I finally got mine under control by just being more aware of what I eat. Though I know breakouts for me personally, are almost inevitable if I were to start consuming well over my caloric intake. I don't know if Accutane contributed to my G.I problems I experience now. There is a difference between causation and association. I also discovered I had unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia around the same time they discovered the sore and lanced it. This happened almost 4 years later so it is hard to tell if some of my other bad habits could have contributed.
    Austinite's acne protocol is what I follow now. Cleared all my comedones and blackheads. My teenage acne has never been resurrected from any form of AAS.
    Acne is horrible, I'm convinced mine is genetic as my mom has horrible skin. I take extremely good care of my skin and I still break out a fair amount; although, it's like 10% of what it was in my teenage years. I really want to do a test only run in a couple of years but I'm worried it will completely destroy my skin and I honestly don't think I could handle that mentally

Thread Information