Audiofreak37 is offline Junior Member

First Cycle Synopsis

I know this is the Q & A section, but I don't know where else to put this.

So I just finished my first cycle. I ran test-e at 500 mg per week for 10 weeks. I have waited 2 weeks, and am now on my first week of PCT.

Overall, I am really happy with my decision to try it. I gained 36 lbs at my peak, and lost about 7 since then (a lot of water weight shed very quickly.) I went from 188 to 224. I am 6'3. Please bare in mind that a year ago I was naturally 210, and that 188 was my lowest weight in 4 years. This was brought on by a heavy work load, and a lot of late nights studying.

I worked very hard, and didn't lose my tenacity at all. My diet, although not as precise as some members on this board, was followed as closely as possible. I did not have a set meal plan- instead I chose to increase my macros and calories. (I have been tracking my macros for about a year now.) I kept a detailed daily log, but I've decided not to post it online.

I did change up my workout routine twice throughout the cycle. I am a big fan of keeping the body guessing, 'muscle confusion.' My workouts have always had a strong base in heavy compound movements, but I did add more isolation than I normally would, as I found my body responding to it very quickly.

I learned the side effects, at least for me, were very, very minimal, compared to what I thought it was going to be like. I monitored my AI dosage closely, and increased around week 4 as I thought I noticed some tenderness in the nipples. Possibly psychosomatic, but it was better safe than sorry, and it did help keep the water weight down. I ran HcG , but I wanted to feel just the testosterone first, so I only ran it from week 5 to week 10. This is also because I wanted to be careful in regards to gyno, as I believed I was predisposed due to mild pubertal gyno, and was worried that the HcG might increase the likelyhood of gyno development. Around week 8, I noticed a very mild increase in acne, predominantly on my thighs and back. I am not normally proned to much acne, but this amount was nearly negligible. My blood pressure did increase, but not much, and it has since been decreasing. I did NOT notice any increase in aggression, hair loss, or any other side effects. I'd like to restate that the side effects were incredibly mild- if I weren't taking the testosterone, I would probably not had noticed.

The thing that surprised me the most, was what I like to call the 'bonus' effects. Aside from an increase in muscle mass and strength, there were a few effects that were so beneficially that I would consider taking it again just for these benefits. First and foremost, I noticed a massive increase in mood. I was happy pretty much the entire time. I feel as though it got me out of a slump I didn't even know I was in. I would describe it as a sense of wellbeing and contentment. I can fully understand now why they prescribe this to older men- I think possibly it should be looked into as an alternative to anti-depressants for individuals with low-T. My ability to recover increased greatly (hello leg day.) I slept like a baby every night, however, I haven't had any sleep issues before. A huge increase in sex-drive, as well as sexual energy, makes my gf and I very happy.

I see now that the supplementation of testosterone, should be just that- 'supplementation.' It is only one part of the puzzle. It is by no means a magic substance. I plan on taking it again. I think my body responded very well, and can tolerate an increase in testosterone well. I now think I understand why experienced users recommend that you start with just testosterone as your first cycle. I am not ravenously eager to start back up- I want to train naturally for six months or so before I start again. I have little desire to try anything other than test any time soon. I think maybe I may try to propionate ester, as I understand that it helps with the water retention for some, and is in and out of the system quicker. I made most (nearly all) of the mass gains from week 1-8, so I think that an 8 week testosterone-propionate cycle may be a better fit for me.

Thanks for all your help and advice,

Cheers

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    No better feeling then being pumped full of testosterone . Recover and start planning your next cycle. Make sure your eating and training stays as intense or you will just loose it all.

Thread Information