aurelian87 is offline New Member

quads redness near the injection site

This is my first cycle, i've done only two injections, the first one was on 29 july. For my first injection I used a 23G 1" 1/2 on my righ outer quad,with a shaky hand and forgot to aspirate , the rest i think was ok. The muscle was very sore and i was limping noticeably until this morning, the pain is better now but at maybe two inches distance from the injection site there is some swelling and redness and a bit warm at the touch. I have no problems yet from the second injection that i did last nigh in the left quad.
    I am concerned that i might be developing an abscess. The redness was smaller yesterday but its increasing in size. Can I wait maybe will it heal by heal by self Please tell me its virgin muscle... benzene alcohol ...
    Last edited by aurelian87; 08-02-2015 at 12:38 PM.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    sounds like an infection if it has heat and is growing

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a fever? What are you injecting? Could be the gear, 23 gauge is a big needle, I always drew with 23 and injected with 25, also I used a 1 inch needle on quads and saved the 1.5 for glutes. Not sure what to make of it at this point however, if you have a fever go to the doc. If not just monitor it, if it gets worse seek treatment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150802_210459.jpg 
Views:	1611 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	158429

this is a picture of that leg, the X is where i injected.

doesn't look good to me because the redness isn't close to injection hole, like king said keep an eye on it for a day or 2 and if it doesn't get better go to the doc and if it gets warmer then its a problem for sure
    Last edited by djgreen; 08-02-2015 at 12:21 PM.

will an ice pack or some heat do any help in this case?

ice may help swelling but you want to watch it to see if it is getting worse so I would just leave it alone and keep watch

Jonnyg419 is offline Member
    is it hot to the touch?

its a bit warm, anyway i did some massage on it with a cloth soaked in warm water, didn't hurt at all, was very relaxing to the area, i will see how it looks tomorrow when i wake up hope it will be gone

abhisingh0823 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aurelian87 View Post
    This is my first cycle, i've done only two injections, the first one was on 29 july. For my first injection I used a 23G 1" 1/2 on my righ outer quad,with a shaky hand and forgot to aspirate , the rest i think was ok. The muscle was very sore and i was limping noticeably until this morning, the pain is better now but at maybe two inches distance from the injection site there is some swelling and redness and a bit warm at the touch. I have no problems yet from the second injection that i did last nigh in the left quad.
    I am concerned that i might be developing an abscess. The redness was smaller yesterday but its increasing in size. Can I wait maybe will it heal by heal by self Please tell me its virgin muscle... benzene alcohol ...
    Yar mai b 1st cycle start krne wala hu...sun kr hi fatt rai h...

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abhisingh0823 View Post
    Yar mai b 1st cycle start krne wala hu...sun kr hi fatt rai h...

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Could be dirty gear.

i did last night a massage with a cloth soaked in warm water pushing towards the edges, and now its way better, i don't know a few hours ago the redness was growing by the hour, did a nice massage that relaxed the muscle and its getting better, was that oil trapped under skin / fat ??

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Could be dirty gear.
    its from balkan pharma i did a serial code check on their website, and they are legit ampoules.

is it any better today and what was you exact procedure when injecting

john283 is offline Junior Member
    Same thing happened to me mate after I pinned my delt. I'm small so I pinned 1cc in my lateral delt and it was too much for it to hold. It suunk down a few inches and it pooled there for a week. I started using a heating pad for a half hour directly after injecting and rubbing the site and haven't had problems now. Mine was red the same way, hot to touch, kept spreading getting bigger and I got antibiotics for it just to be safe. It went away but I'm still not sure if I had really needed them.

now is day seven and its almost completely healed, just some pain remaining when i bend the leg. so it must have been jut some irritation, allergic reaction from the test e, what a relief didn't want to have complications after my first shot ever

Thread Information