Synhax is offline Associate Member

What a good weight loss rate after bulking cycle?

Is losing 2lb/wk a good weight loss goal for cutting after a bulk cycle? Or is that too much and I'd be losing muscle as well? Im gonna start naturally first 2-3 months and then probably use EC stack for last month. I need to lose 30-40 pounds before my next bulk, im close to 20% at the moment and need to get down to 12% or so.

Edit: im assuming losing 2lb/wk in the first month is reasonable due to loss of water retention once i stop injecting, am i right thinking this? Im gonna start dieting a week after my last pin next friday.
    Last edited by Synhax; 08-16-2015 at 10:28 PM.

bloodchoke is offline Member
    Are you on TRT? If not, don't diet until well after PCT. Your gains will go bye-bye and you'll feel HORRIBLE during the unavoidable low-T during PCT AND calorie deficit at the same time. Plus, it can hinder your recovery, as a decrease in calories is going to mean a decrease in saturated fat, etc., that promote testosterone production.

the unofficial how to do pct thread

Quote Originally Posted by bloodchoke View Post
    Are you on TRT? If not, don't diet until well after PCT. Your gains will go bye-bye and you'll feel HORRIBLE during the unavoidable low-T during PCT AND calorie deficit at the same time. Plus, it can hinder your recovery, as a decrease in calories is going to mean a decrease in saturated fat, etc., that promote testosterone production.

the unofficial how to do pct thread
    No not on TRT. Thanks for advice. Lets say I start dieting immediately after PCT, would that be a good weight loss rate? Im assuming ill lose some weight during PCT anyways due to less water retention/bloating once test levels start dropping right? Any idea how much water retention is part of overall weight gain from a cycle?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I'm not sure there is any such thing as a good weight loss rate immediately after PCT. you should be looking to consolidate the new tissue you have built not risk losing it. Your hormones likely won't settle until 4-6 post PCT at which point a slow weight loss would be recommended.

If you feel you are too fat now it's because you started your bulk at too high a bodyfat or let your diet get away from you on cycle.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I'm not sure there is any such thing as a good weight loss rate immediately after PCT. you should be looking to consolidate the new tissue you have built not risk losing it. Your hormones likely won't settle until 4-6 post PCT at which point a slow weight loss would be recommended.

If you feel you are too fat now it's because you started your bulk at too high a bodyfat or let your diet get away from you on cycle.
    Yes thats true, i started at around 15% bf and im probably around 20% now i started bulking naturally in dec and then started cycle in june. Thought I could start dieting immediately tho didnt realize i had to wait a couple months to finish PCT after cycle, i was hoping to be lean by the holidays after dieting for 4 months starting september. Guess thats out of the window lol. Next cycle gonna be much shorter 6-8wks max hopefully i wont get as fat and bloated.

Thread Information