Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Polythycaemia: How Much Is Too Much?

OutThere is offline Banned

Polythycaemia: How Much Is Too Much?

Looks like it's that time again. Bloodletting. I just stick an IV butterfly infusion needle in my arm and lie down with the tube hanging into a milk carton and let it fill. I do it as soon as my bloods show polythycaemia. I should probably leave it for a while and take advantage of the EPO effect but I worry about blood clotting with the terrible lipid profile I get on cycle.

Anyone have experience with letting haemoglobin get high and use the EPO to your advantage training?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Not me, I struggle to keep hematocrit under 53-55%.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    What is high? Mayo-clinic says 45-50% is normal for men, but other sites say <54% is ok.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 08-30-2015 at 06:05 AM.

My Dr. prefers mine to stay under ~ 55% max. You also have to consider any other health conditions such as clotting disorders and individual tendency towards polycythemia.
    Some replenish ridiculously fast in which case keeping a bit lower is better, IMO.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-30-2015 at 06:20 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    My Dr. prefers mine to stay under ~ 55% max.
    The pathology I use has a reference range with the top being 54%. I try to do bloods once a week when I'm on Tren and Anadrol because it shoots up past 54% in a few weeks. As soon as I get bloodwork showing above 54% I bloodlet so I don't have to worry about it. I was kind of wondering how high EPO endurance guys take it without sides. A little above for a while is probably not so bad.

Again, that depends. Some people have undiagnosed issues that would make pushing the hematocrit up very risky. At 55% I get sent for a therapeutic draw, so I self bleed when it is headed that way.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OutThere View Post
    The pathology I use has a reference range with the top being 54%. I try to do bloods once a week when I'm on Tren and Anadrol because it shoots up past 54% in a few weeks. As soon as I get bloodwork showing above 54% I bloodlet so I don't have to worry about it. I was kind of wondering how high EPO endurance guys take it without sides. A little above for a while is probably not so bad.
    I also just learned to self blood let... Thinking about tapping off a hlf pint b4 I go in for BW....

Like cyclists etc ... They constantly have docs monitoring they're crit, hemo, iron etc etc as if they're using(it's probably EQ) which makes the viscosity of blood thicken in turn giving them more O2 but also makes the heart work harder so needs to be watched closely as their crit rises in the danger zone among others

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    I also just learned to self blood let... Thinking about tapping off a hlf pint b4 I go in for BW....

Like cyclists etc ... They constantly have docs monitoring they're crit, hemo, iron etc etc as if they're using(it's probably EQ) which makes the viscosity of blood thicken in turn giving them more O2 but also makes the heart work harder so needs to be watched closely as their crit rises in the danger zone among others
    Anadrol and EQ are well known to boost RBC count and Anadrol was originally prescribed to treat anaemia. I haven't seen studies but Tren seems to do it quick too.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Polycythemia is only performance enhancing if you're a high-level endurance athlete. You're just going to place undue strain on your cardiovascular system.
    It's like turbo and NOS for cars: they increase performance if your car is built for it, but they'll decrease the engine's lifespan and destroy one that isn't built to handle the upgrades.
    almostgone and marcus300 like this.

Thread Information