Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Third cycle review/thoughts

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tectime View Post
    Well nandrolone has many healthful reasons to be "on the market". Not only one of the main body building compounds but used for several tissue and muscle rebuilding protocols related to AIDS, cancers, and many others.
    True, I feel great on it
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I think it's still my fav

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am going to have to wait till the end before I can say what I like better... tren or deca ... I know if I was doing 400mg of tren a week for over 4 weeks I would be very full and hard by now. I do like the fact that with the long ester doing the injection every 3.5 days with my test is nice, vise EOD that I did on tren. Lastly when I did the tren cycle I also supplemented T3, I am not this time ... so some of the sides like night sweets could have been attributed to the T3.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Im 2 weeks in my dec rhoag and i love it lol im filling out and feel big now, walking around work with a tshirt on even though its snowing and freezing show the gains!

Im 5lbs up this morning, but my deca is a blend of 4 esters a bit like sustanon

In enjoying it more than the tren but the tren was low dose compared to this so cant be sure, wil know when i run 400mg tren.

Just be patient big fella, nandrolne deconate is a long ester to kick in, i think week 8 is when you will say if you like it or not, it will sneak up on you.

Keep us posted
    bethdoth likes this.

TTM did you take the recommended time off between the tren and deca cycle? Great pump yesterday...did arms and I couldn't wash my hair or arm pits after...

Since i used low dose test and tren i though i can still get good gains with a long cycle, so i bridged.

1-10 weeks test e 250 per week
    1-10 weeks tren e 200 per week

10-14 weeks test e 250 per week - bridge/allow tren to clear

14-24 weeks sus 600 per week
    14-24 weeks nan blend 600 per week
    24-26 weeks sus 600 per week

Crazy i know, had the first part of cycle been high dose i wouldnt have done this as wouldnt have got any gains.
    And id never recommend this to anyone either, could say i got carried away and didnt want to come off, im aware of the risks and TRT potential.
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 11-25-2015 at 08:30 AM.

I fully understand.... when you see the gains it can get addicting. The male ego is a powerful thing LOL.... I think that is why I liked the tren over deca so far, because the tren results were faster and more. Being older and wiser I took... I think it was 14 weeks off between. Now after this cycle I will have to cut for vacation in Feb then when I return maybe a tren cycle???

Did you use tren ace or tren enth ? I recall it was Tren Ace you used, thats why you would have seen the gains quicker, how long you runing the deca ?

Running it till I run out ... two 10ml vials at 250mg per ml is 5,000mg, that's 25 injections at 200mg. So every 3.5 days 200mg (12.5 weeks).

It should probably begin to work anytime now, from when i recall from my test and nan-deca cycle 4 or 5 year ago, it was like week 5/6 it started, 9/10 peak, i did see gains all the way to 12 weeks though.

You are using nandrolone decanoate right? Not NPP?
    Nan dec such a long ester but it will hit you soon and you should feel big and strong

IMHO there is no comparing tren and deca . I did test cyp at 160mg a week and tren ace at 200mg or 250mg a week (50mg EOD) for 8 weeks. I am at the end of week 8 on deca durabolin 200mg E3.5D and test 200Mg E3.5D.
    My strength is up on the deca I would say almost the same as the tren (although I was doing way less tren). I don't think I am bigger, I am not leaner. With tren I was lean, fuller, and harder. I have had zero sides from deca and had some sides (night sweats, aggression, depression) from tren. I am almost thinking that the deca is bunk and the only gains I am seeing are from the increased test? I would think by the end of week 8 the long ester would be kicking?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    IMHO there is no comparing tren and deca . I did test cyp at 160mg a week and tren ace at 200mg or 250mg a week (50mg EOD) for 8 weeks. I am at the end of week 8 on deca durabolin 200mg E3.5D and test 200Mg E3.5D.
    My strength is up on the deca I would say almost the same as the tren (although I was doing way less tren). I don't think I am bigger, I am not leaner. With tren I was lean, fuller, and harder. I have had zero sides from deca and had some sides (night sweats, aggression, depression) from tren. I am almost thinking that the deca is bunk and the only gains I am seeing are from the increased test? I would think by the end of week 8 the long ester would be kicking?
    Some also react better to one or the other... Seems since you went with tren first you may not get any other better feeling then the tren... I like NPP much better than the decanate ester... Tho it's the same compound we all react differently... I've heard many say NPP was sh!t and deca was awesome... My body likes short esters more.... No wait just gains from the first wk...

Maybe try a short ester cycle or stick with Cyp and go tren again after this of even NPP at say 400-600mgs... I like test higher than my other compound... Simply because i feel better(as in well being) on testosterone ...

Being on HRT I think I prefer to keep my test at a high HRT level. Way less chance of sides from etrogen and more manageable. Since tren is so much stronger(anabolic ) just run the tren higher. I truly felt like a beast on tren not so much on deca . Pumps a bit better, weight being pushed is up, and body weight is up on Deca but, was just so full and hard on tren.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Being on HRT I think I prefer to keep my test at a high HRT level. Way less chance of sides from etrogen and more manageable. Since tren is so much stronger(anabolic) just run the tren higher. I truly felt like a beast on tren not so much on deca. Pumps a bit better, weight being pushed is up, and body weight is up on Deca but, was just so full and hard on tren.
    Especially running the way you did.... Low end test and even a lower end dose, will yeild more fat loss, hard veiny grainy look and just more defined... Even on a slight surplus you'll only burn off the bad and add on the mass/hardness as your diet was/is on point - great compound can't deny that!

Im wondering if you'd like NPP better... Like Tren a its a short ester and doesn't give me the sides Decanate ester gave me(not much but the decanate ester always makes me flare up it sucks b/c of the really long ester) and I know it's weird but i felt/& feel the best on npp than any other compound(I do really like Tren a too)

Too low dose of deca .

You really need above 400mgs of nandrolone to actually feel it. 500-600 is better imho.

200 is only for joint pain.

BB,
    So 400 a week is not enough (200 E3.5 Days)? I see lots of cycles on here 500mg test and 400mg deca ? I figured since I am still a rookie I should take it easy to see how I respond. There are just so many variable. What compound, what ester, how much, ancillaries (caber, HCG , Stane,T3,clen etc etc...). I hope to find what works best for me. I know that the current cycle is not working as well as my last. I might be being a bit hard on myself though or had to high of expectations. I normally use my bench as a gauge for strength, after a warm up set and a 2 minute rest, my bench has went from 295 for 8 reps to 315 for 8 reps. So strength is up. I really need to go back to focusing on a physique goal. I don't want to be huge, but built and ripped. I almost have enough muscle to be happy just need to make my back wider and cap my shoulders a bit more, then get BF down to 11-12 percent.
    I think that is why I like tren so much, hard and lean.

My first deca cycle was 400mg p/week i seen good gains but it could have even been the test

400mg does seem to be the standard starting deca dose over the last few years but im seeing increasing advice to run it at 500mg minimum.

You could add NPP to the rest of your cycle and some more test (run NPP and the extra test for 8 weeks starting now/when you get your gear)

Add 200mg of NPP and 200mg of test per week to your current cycle (your not getting any bad sides) it could avoid your cycle feeling wasted

I wouldn't say it's a wasted cycle...like people say this is a marathon not a sprint. Although I am an old fart and who knows how many more years I can keep my 54ish body looking 20ish? I have 4 weeks left on cycle. and then I will be 24 days away from vacation in Cancun. I will finish this cycle and then give my body a break for awhile, get good to go labs and then run a tren cycle again just before summer late March early April. I will try to get some pics taken post tren, pre deca and post deca. Like I said maybe I am to hard on myself or to high expectations. My diet has been very clean through out this cycle except a few days over the holidays. My drinking has been very limited and I got rid of diet soda. Shit on tren I could do almost anything and still make gains.

BB,
    So 400 a week is not enough (200 E3.5 Days)? I see lots of cycles on here 500mg test and 400mg deca ? I figured since I am still a rookie I should take it easy to see how I respond. There are just so many variable. What compound, what ester, how much, ancillaries (caber, HCG , Stane,T3,clen etc etc...). I hope to find what works best for me. I know that the current cycle is not working as well as my last. I might be being a bit hard on myself though or had to high of expectations. I normally use my bench as a gauge for strength, after a warm up set and a 2 minute rest, my bench has went from 295 for 8 reps to 315 for 8 reps. So strength is up. I really need to go back to focusing on a physique goal. I don't want to be huge, but built and ripped. I almost have enough muscle to be happy just need to make my back wider and cap my shoulders a bit more, then get BF down to 11-12 percent.
    I think that is why I like tren so much, hard and lean.
    My bad. Read it wrong at 200mgs per week.

Some prefer compounds more than the other, you seem to really enjoyed the tren , if you do go deca again in the future try 600mg per week.

I love tren and deca, would love to run them both at the same time sometime in the future

Just when i was thinking this deca is shit...it finally after 8 weeks is kicking in. Had a great workout yesterday set a personal best for me 245 military press for 6 reps. Then I tried a new exercise, take a incline bench and incline it to about 85 degrees, then lean chest into the inclined bench and do lateral raises. First time doing them this way so started at 20 pounds, not enough did to may reps, so I went up to 25 and that was about right 8-10 reps to failure. My shoulders were so full of blood it was painful. I actually had to go foam roll a bit to get some of the blood out of them it hurt so bad.
    So maybe this long ester just takes longer for me, 4 weeks left on cycle I am going to make the best of it. I do have 3 vials of tren Ace on hand and could run some with the deca for the last 4 weeks, but i think i prefer to just let this run to get a good comparison between the two compounds and end result.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag
    Just when i was thinking this deca is shit...it finally after 8 weeks is kicking in. Had a great workout yesterday set a personal best for me 245 military press for 6 reps. Then I tried a new exercise, take a incline bench and incline it to about 85 degrees, then lean chest into the inclined bench and do lateral raises. First time doing them this way so started at 20 pounds, not enough did to may reps, so I went up to 25 and that was about right 8-10 reps to failure. My shoulders were so full of blood it was painful. I actually had to go foam roll a bit to get some of the blood out of them it hurt so bad. So maybe this long ester just takes longer for me, 4 weeks left on cycle I am going to make the best of it. I do have 3 vials of tren Ace on hand and could run some with the deca for the last 4 weeks, but i think i prefer to just let this run to get a good comparison between the two compounds and end result.
    Hey Rhoag! I'm glad to hear that your Deca finally kicked in. That's why I like short esters, I'm so darn impatient. Hey I'm definitely going to try that new exercise you mentioned. It sounds good! Question. My shoulders get to hurting like all hell when I work them out. What is foam rolling? Thank you!

I didn't do them like this guy I did more of a straight arm raise..he is doing a row and keeps his elbows bent . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgZnE3Y0PjY but this is how to set the bench up.
    Pro's and Con's. Doing an injection E3.5Days along with my normal test injection makes it easy, but like the somewhat quick kick from short esters. Now I know why some use a kick start.

The end of week 9 tonight. My weight is between 212 and 216 depending on the day. I have 3 weeks left then 23 days till vacation in Cancun. I have changed my nutrition plan down to 2000 calories a day in an attempt to maybe lean out a bit before vacation. I started this cycle at 204/205 I doubt I have put on 8 pounds of muscle in 9 weeks, but I am pretty happy with what I see in the mirror now-a-days, I look bigger mainly back a bit wider, shoulders capped a bit more, arms bigger, and legs a bit bigger. Strength right now is very good and I like the change that I made in my workouts (fashioned after what I read in one of Roland's workout threads).
    Still don't think i will do a long ester again, 8-9 weeks before it really started to kick in, to long to wait IMHO.

Ok did my last injection of Deca last night (end of vial only had about 160mg). Weight is at 213 this morning I do feel that I gained some muscle where I wanted to shoulders, traps, and lats. I will take some pics when I can.

You hopefully should still get gains whilst those esters take time to clear.

My final thoughts on this cycle. First since I am old and did not follow the advise on the forum, my first cycle was a very low dose blast of test cyp. I wish I would have done a true 400mg-500mg a week test cycle first. The reason is, I am not so sure the deca from this cycle was legit? If I would have done a good test only cycle I would have had a some experience with how much gains etc could be had. So I don't know if my gains all came from 400mg test a week and the deca was no good? I had no side effects at all on Deca, well maybe increased BP, but that could be the test. I got the deca from the same source as my last tren (no doubt it was good), but the vials had no labels. It was during the DEA thing and the guy said the labels were shipped separate.
    I did gain a lot of strength and put on 8 pounds while my waist measurement stayed the same. Bench was up to 335 for 6-8 reps depending on the day, pretty consistent at 245 on military press for 6-8, squats I can't push because I have a titanium left hip, so I only go to 275-295 for 10 (doc doesn't want me doing over 250), preacher curls 135 for 6-8. One of my goals on this last cycle was to make my back wider, so I did a lot of wide grip pull ups. When I started I struggled to do 4 good ones, now I can do 9 good ones then I us the big ass rubber band to assist and crank out 4-5 more. I do feel that my back is wider and my lats are bigger, my shirts are way tighter across the chest. My next cycle will be high side of HRT test and 75mg tren ace EOD. Gonna be awhile though my body needs a break.
    Well now it is back to HRT levels and start cutting by reducing calories and increased cardio. 32 days and I will be on the beach and no longer in the cold and snow!

Guess we will never know unless you do a deca cycle in the future with a different UGL then you can compare

But 8lbs and your bodyfat has stayed the same i would say thats still a good succesful cycle so well done man

Enjoy posing on the beach

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    My final thoughts on this cycle. First since I am old and did not follow the advise on the forum, my first cycle was a very low dose blast of test cyp. I wish I would have done a true 400mg-500mg a week test cycle first. The reason is, I am not so sure the deca from this cycle was legit? If I would have done a good test only cycle I would have had a some experience with how much gains etc could be had. So I don't know if my gains all came from 400mg test a week and the deca was no good? I had no side effects at all on Deca, well maybe increased BP, but that could be the test. I got the deca from the same source as my last tren (no doubt it was good), but the vials had no labels. It was during the DEA thing and the guy said the labels were shipped separate.
    I did gain a lot of strength and put on 8 pounds while my waist measurement stayed the same. Bench was up to 335 for 6-8 reps depending on the day, pretty consistent at 245 on military press for 6-8, squats I can't push because I have a titanium left hip, so I only go to 275-295 for 10 (doc doesn't want me doing over 250), preacher curls 135 for 6-8. One of my goals on this last cycle was to make my back wider, so I did a lot of wide grip pull ups. When I started I struggled to do 4 good ones, now I can do 9 good ones then I us the big ass rubber band to assist and crank out 4-5 more. I do feel that my back is wider and my lats are bigger, my shirts are way tighter across the chest. My next cycle will be high side of HRT test and 75mg tren ace EOD. Gonna be awhile though my body needs a break.
    Well now it is back to HRT levels and start cutting by reducing calories and increased cardio. 32 days and I will be on the beach and no longer in the cold and snow!
    Your lifts are strong, Rhoag! Were you shifting this type of weight before the cycle?

Funny you bring up the deca... I've noticed I respond much better to NPP instead of the decanate ester... Idk why but it's something that's pretty damn noticeable to me, as well! Next time give the NPP a shot after your next tren a cycle(whenever that will be)

Still sounds like a very productive cycle!

I totally changed my workout for this cycle. As you know I used to pyramid up then drop set and super set on the way down. This cycle I warmed up, then first lift was always a compound exercise (bench, squat, military press, pull ups). Then I would go right to a weight that would cause failure between 5-8 reps, doing it this way your max is way higher. Bench I used to pyramid up to 245 then drop set. If my memory is right when I started this workout about 14 weeks ago my bench was 275 failure 6-8, 195 military press and squats didn't change much because I can't push the hip. I can tell you that leg extensions and curls increased dramatically... when I started failure at 10 was about 135, the other day I did 210 for 8 on curls and 195 on extensions and this is moving the weight controlled in both the positive and negative.

Was 213 pounds and 38.5 inches around the love handles on the last day of of my cycle Dec. 30th. 9 days later 207 this morning and 38 around the love handles. Fasted cardio and low carb 2100 cal diet must be working. I did go give blood on Wednesday and my BP was ok 140/82 and hemoglobin was 16.5. I feel a lot better off this cycle and back on HRT levels. This was so much different then the tren cycle. Tren I felt like a beast on cycle, like shit for 2 weeks after, and then good again but not beast on HRT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information