Strongblood is offline Productive Member

AI vs SERMs for Controlling Estrogen

I read somewhere that AIs like Arimidex cause bad cholesterol to rise where as SERMs do not. Has any of you ever heard of this? I've never used any SERMs, but I am interested in anything that can help keep bad cholesterol in check and lower estrogen while on cycle.

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    AI's and SERMs are two radically different groups of pharmaceuticals with their own individual pharmacokinetics/dynamics. Both interact with our endogenous oestrogenic compounds, but do so in very different ways. AI (aromatase inhibitor) are a class of drugs that possess inhibitory activities on the aromatase' function which includes it's role in being the catalyst for oestrogenic hormones (testosterone >estradiol:5a-androstanedione>estrone this will also aromatize any anabolic /androgenic steroid that possess a methylat

I was under the presumption that anastozole was relatively minor in it's alterations to your HDL/LDL levels and what alterations it did produce were unfavorable. Tamoxifin lowers your LDLs in a beneficial direction, but if you are concerned about your lipid numbers and TG/TC then anabolic/androgenic steroids in supraphysiological dosages isn't aiding in the journey either.
    Last edited by Splifton; 11-26-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Thread Information