Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ment + teste

donkeykong123 is offline New Member

Ment + teste

I have some questions before I begin this next cycle because it has such limited information.

I plan on running a MENT and Test-E cycle for 6-8 weeks. 30-50mg MENT ED and 250-300mg TEST a week just as a base. I have Aromasine and ADEX I plan on running the aromasine at 25mg ED due to the high estrogen conversion rate with the MENT. I will adjust that accordingly as needed. Will even discontinue the MENT if it gets crazy or go with letro if it gets really crazy. My first cycle I did DBOL 50MG a day for 4 weeks and 500mg of TEST-C and had no gyno issues at all while running ADEX for .5 EOD. That was a 12 week cycle.

My question(s) is the following;

1.) When should I start PCT after the cycle is complete? Should I wait the standard 14 days before starting PCT? Side note, I will be running HCG throughout the cycle.

2.) Should I just continue to cruise on 250-300mg of test up until the 12 week point and then PCT or just stop after the MENT cycle is finished?

Those are my two main questions for now until something else pops up...

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    What are your stats?

Is your MENT oral or depot?

You plan on using test e for 6-8 weeks?

Using test e for 6-8 weeks is silly, use test p instead.

If you previously used arimidex with success then use it again this time.

Also, arimidex is more potent than aromasin .

MENT does not have a high rate of conversion.

MENT converts to estradiol at the same rate as nandrolone , 20% the rate of test conversion.

Yes PCT for test e is normally 14 days after last pin.

However, imo if you're going to to use 250-300mg/week of test e then you should begin PCT 10 days after last pin.

Like I mentioned previously I think you should drop the test e for test p then use it a week or two longer than the MENT.

I concur. IMO I would have caber on hand.
    numbere likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    What are your stats?

Is your MENT oral or depot?

You plan on using test e for 6-8 weeks?

Using test e for 6-8 weeks is silly, use test p instead.

If you previously used arimidex with success then use it again this time.

Also, arimidex is more potent than aromasin .

MENT does not have a high rate of conversion.

MENT converts to estradiol at the same rate as nandrolone , 20% the rate of test conversion.

Yes PCT for test e is normally 14 days after last pin.

However, imo if you're going to to use 250-300mg/week of test e then you should begin PCT 10 days after last pin.

Like I mentioned previously I think you should drop the test e for test p then use it a week or two longer than the MENT.

I'm 5-10 180lbs.

It's oral at 10mg a pill.

I didn't plan on running test-e for only 6 weeks...its why I asked about cruising it out the additional 6 weeks after I'm done with MENT. After the six weeks I was thinking of bumping up the test to the standard 500mg a week dose to finish out the 12 week cycle. Or is that a bad idea?

Deal Me In is offline Member
    Ment?

Quote Originally Posted by Deal Me In View Post
    Ment?
    Trestolone Acetate aka MENT.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why use Ment?

Ment?
    Heres a good read....

Trestolone ace, more popularly known as Ment, has developed quite a reputation over the last several years for being an exceedingly potent steroid . Combined with its initial long-term absence from the market, its current limited availability, and a market nearly devoid of high quality clones, its allure among steroid users has been further increased, taking on an almost super-drug status similar to what we saw when the now defunct Parabolan ceased production.

However, unlike most of the AAS which have hit the market in the last several years, Ment does not owe its popularity to enterprising OTC supplement companies or blackmarket dealers, but to legitimate medical research which has made its way into the BB’ing community. Ment was originally developed in the 1960’s, but recent interest has been generated by both the Population Council and the research-based pharmaceutical company Schering, due to their extensive investigation into Ment for the purposes of male birth control and hormone replacement therapy. This has resulted in some impressive findings, leading to the discovery of a steroid displaying a unique embodiment of traits, which are ideally suited to the muscle building process.

Belonging to the 19-nor family of steroids , Ment is more properly known as 7-alpha-methyl-nortestosterone, yet despite its close association to this class of steroids, Ment displays several characteristics more commonly attributed to Testosterone . Nowhere is this more evident than in the area of male sexual functioning. Anyone who has been around the steroid subculture long enough is aware that the 19-nor family of drugs is notorious for causing sexual dysfunction in males. Side effects such as low libido and/or the inability to obtain an erection characterize the use of steroids like Nandrolone or Trenbolone and led to the coining of terms such as “Deca -dick” and “Tren -dick”. While the humor inherent in such language is apparent, those who suffer with these self-inflicted maladies generally don’t find it a laughing matter.

This is where Ment differs. In fact, Ment is the only steroid in production today that is capable of sustaining normal male physiology in the complete absence of testosterone, including sexual functioning. This is one of the vital traits which has qualified Ment for consideration as a male contraceptive and hormone replacement therapy, as sexual dysfunction would be an unacceptable side effect in users seeking medical treatment for these reasons.

With regard to cycle set-up, the inclusion of Ment allows for the revision of one of its most basic tenants, which traditionally says that testosterone should be included in every cycle. Although I personally do not agree with that philosophy in all cases, there are many good reasons why Testosterone should generally be included in one’s cycle. However, Ment changes all that, making the inclusion of Testosterone optional and not a necessity. All the side effects which normally present themselves in a state of Testosterone deficiency are absent when Ment is employed. This is a big advantage unique to Ment alone and which enables an AASA user to think outside the box when designing his/her cycle.

Ment demonstrates a strong binding affinity for the AR receptor, being greater than that of Testosterone and even Nandrolone. Like Testosterone, it also has the ability to aromatize, making the concomitant use of an AI desirable in times of estrogen excess. As most AAS users are aware and which recent research confirms, estrogen plays a role in the muscle growth process both directly and indirectly, which is part of the reason why aromatizable steroids often impart superior mass gains compared to their non-aromatizing counterparts. So, while aromatization is beneficial in part, it can quickly be turned into a negative quality if not properly managed, resulting in side effects such as: gynecomastia , water retention, heightened blood pressure, increased HPTA suppression, mood swings, and the accumulation of additional bodyfat.

Other defining characteristics of Ment include a lack of DHT conversion and like most injectable preparations, Ment is also non-hepatotoxic in nature. In addition, Ment does not bind to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), increasing the potency of this drug considerably. When administering drugs such as testosterone, over 95% of the injected steroid ultimately ends up either attaching to SHBG, converting to DHT, or aromatizing into estrogen, leaving only a small amount of the original dose left for muscle building functions. Once a hormone attaches to the protein SHBG, it remains bound (in most cases) for the entire life of the steroid, rendering it completely useless. AAS which avoid SHBG binding allow a significantly greater percentage of the injected drug to reach its intended target at the androgen receptor and initiate the muscle growth process.

When determining Ment’s suitability as a prescription medication for male contraception or HRT, its effect on the prostate is of critical importance. This make or break factor was evaluated right from the start, with promising results. Research shows that Ment has a lesser effect on the prostate compared to testosterone per effective dose, reducing the potential risk of prostate issues in older men receiving treatment for HRT or otherwise. While younger users typically pay little heed to this aspect of their health, they may be glad they did later on down the road.

One area where Ment isn’t quite so friendly is that of HPTA suppression. Research shows that Ment is a full 12X as suppressive as Testosterone on a mg to mg basis. However, this side effect is deemed to be a necessary benefit when looking to develop this drug as a birth control medication. Any steroid used for birth control purposes requires an exceptionally high success rate at preventing pregnancy, and that will only come by way of significant suppression of spermatogenesis. In reality, most steroid users end up largely infertile by cycle’s end anyway, due to the number and quantity of AAS used.

Now let’s move onto the more exciting stuff; namely its ability to build muscle tissue. Most AAS users are primarily interested in one thing, which is…”How much muscle will this stuff really help me add?” While this question is impossible to answer, due to the numerous influential variables involved, we can look to both medical research and real-world experience to help provide us with a clearer picture of what to expect. The following quote is an excerpt taken from a study comparing the effects of Testosterone and Trestolone:

Study comparing Ment to Testosterone: “The ability of 7 alpha-methyl-19-nortestosterone acetate (MENT) to increase the weights of ventral prostate and seminal vesicles of castrated rats was four times higher than that of testosterone, while its effect on the weights of bulbocavernosus plus levator ani muscles (muscle), was 10 times that of testosterone.(Endocrinology. 1992 Jun;130(6):3677-83.)”

Referencing the paragraph above, we see that Ment delivers 10X the myotropic effect (muscle building) of testosterone, on a mg to mg basis. Based on these figures, this would make Ment more potent than any other non-toxic injectable currently sold on the market. I comparison to the exceedingly potent steroid Trenbolone, which is often used as a benchmark for potency, Ment outperforms it by a full 250%.

It is important to note that the results witnessed in this study were obtained by using primates as test subjects, so while it is likely that the results will translate pretty well to humans, there is no substitute for real-world human testing being conducted specifically for the purpose of performance enhancement. The overwhelming majority of our BB’ing knowledge, as it relates to the optimal application of PED for the purpose of muscle growths, was gained through the combined experience of generations of athletes. While quality versions of this steroid are scarce, enough individuals have experimented with this steroid at this point in time, for us to have a good idea of what to expect.

First of all, the BB’r should not expect to grow muscle at 10X the rate of Testosterone at an equivalent dose, but there is no doubt that one’s gains will measurably surpass what is attainable with an equal dose of Testosterone. Out of the few dozen people I have personally known who have used this steroid and based on the user experiences of others I am aware of, I would most aptly describe this steroid as a type of “super-testosterone”, in terms of results. Visually, the musculature tends to take on a similar appearance. This is not a great steroid for contest prep or achieving a hard & dry look, but if sheer bulk accompanied by some water retention is what you’re looking for, Ment will deliver. Like Testosterone, estrogen-induced water retention can be substantially reduced with the concurrent use of an AI, allowing a decently hard & dry appearance to manifest.

Even though Ment may behave similarly to Testosterone in terms of visual results & side effects, it is important to note that Ment’s ability to trigger these side effects at equivalent doses is much more exaggerated compared to testosterone. This is due largely to its increased androgenic potency. According to use feedback, Ment also carries with it the risk of developing certain “tren-like” sides in some users, especially at higher dosages, although not all users have reported this.

As far as dosing is concerned, no definitive guidelines have yet been formed, although in my opinion it is likely that Ment will probably end up being dosed along the same lines as Trenbolone, with the average dose falling somewhere 200-500 mg per week. Of course, not all users will adhere to these guidelines, with some electing to administer a more hearty dosage. Overall, we are looking at a very potent steroid, both on paper and in the real-world, which is capable of eliciting serious gains in mass & strength over a relatively short period of time. As availability increases, look for this steroid to take up a more permanent residence in the arsenals of BB’rs and strength athletes alike.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer View Post

Heres a good read....

Trestolone ace, more popularly known as Ment, has developed quite a reputation over the last several years for being an exceedingly potent steroid . Combined with its initial long-term absence from the market, its current limited availability, and a market nearly devoid of high quality clones, its allure among steroid users has been further increased, taking on an almost super-drug status similar to what we saw when the now defunct Parabolan ceased production.

However, unlike most of the AAS which have hit the market in the last several years, Ment does not owe its popularity to enterprising OTC supplement companies or blackmarket dealers, but to legitimate medical research which has made its way into the BB'ing community. Ment was originally developed in the 1960's, but recent interest has been generated by both the Population Council and the research-based pharmaceutical company Schering, due to their extensive investigation into Ment for the purposes of male birth control and hormone replacement therapy. This has resulted in some impressive findings, leading to the discovery of a steroid displaying a unique embodiment of traits, which are ideally suited to the muscle building process.

Belonging to the 19-nor family of steroids , Ment is more properly known as 7-alpha-methyl-nortestosterone, yet despite its close association to this class of steroids, Ment displays several characteristics more commonly attributed to Testosterone . Nowhere is this more evident than in the area of male sexual functioning. Anyone who has been around the steroid subculture long enough is aware that the 19-nor family of drugs is notorious for causing sexual dysfunction in males. Side effects such as low libido and/or the inability to obtain an erection characterize the use of steroids like Nandrolone or Trenbolone and led to the coining of terms such as "Deca -dick" and "Tren -dick". While the humor inherent in such language is apparent, those who suffer with these self-inflicted maladies generally don't find it a laughing matter.

This is where Ment differs. In fact, Ment is the only steroid in production today that is capable of sustaining normal male physiology in the complete absence of testosterone, including sexual functioning. This is one of the vital traits which has qualified Ment for consideration as a male contraceptive and hormone replacement therapy, as sexual dysfunction would be an unacceptable side effect in users seeking medical treatment for these reasons.

With regard to cycle set-up, the inclusion of Ment allows for the revision of one of its most basic tenants, which traditionally says that testosterone should be included in every cycle. Although I personally do not agree with that philosophy in all cases, there are many good reasons why Testosterone should generally be included in one's cycle. However, Ment changes all that, making the inclusion of Testosterone optional and not a necessity. All the side effects which normally present themselves in a state of Testosterone deficiency are absent when Ment is employed. This is a big advantage unique to Ment alone and which enables an AASA user to think outside the box when designing his/her cycle.

Ment demonstrates a strong binding affinity for the AR receptor, being greater than that of Testosterone and even Nandrolone. Like Testosterone, it also has the ability to aromatize, making the concomitant use of an AI desirable in times of estrogen excess. As most AAS users are aware and which recent research confirms, estrogen plays a role in the muscle growth process both directly and indirectly, which is part of the reason why aromatizable steroids often impart superior mass gains compared to their non-aromatizing counterparts. So, while aromatization is beneficial in part, it can quickly be turned into a negative quality if not properly managed, resulting in side effects such as: gynecomastia , water retention, heightened blood pressure, increased HPTA suppression, mood swings, and the accumulation of additional bodyfat.

Other defining characteristics of Ment include a lack of DHT conversion and like most injectable preparations, Ment is also non-hepatotoxic in nature. In addition, Ment does not bind to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), increasing the potency of this drug considerably. When administering drugs such as testosterone, over 95% of the injected steroid ultimately ends up either attaching to SHBG, converting to DHT, or aromatizing into estrogen, leaving only a small amount of the original dose left for muscle building functions. Once a hormone attaches to the protein SHBG, it remains bound (in most cases) for the entire life of the steroid, rendering it completely useless. AAS which avoid SHBG binding allow a significantly greater percentage of the injected drug to reach its intended target at the androgen receptor and initiate the muscle growth process.

When determining Ment's suitability as a prescription medication for male contraception or HRT, its effect on the prostate is of critical importance. This make or break factor was evaluated right from the start, with promising results. Research shows that Ment has a lesser effect on the prostate compared to testosterone per effective dose, reducing the potential risk of prostate issues in older men receiving treatment for HRT or otherwise. While younger users typically pay little heed to this aspect of their health, they may be glad they did later on down the road.

One area where Ment isn't quite so friendly is that of HPTA suppression. Research shows that Ment is a full 12X as suppressive as Testosterone on a mg to mg basis. However, this side effect is deemed to be a necessary benefit when looking to develop this drug as a birth control medication. Any steroid used for birth control purposes requires an exceptionally high success rate at preventing pregnancy, and that will only come by way of significant suppression of spermatogenesis. In reality, most steroid users end up largely infertile by cycle's end anyway, due to the number and quantity of AAS used.

Now let's move onto the more exciting stuff; namely its ability to build muscle tissue. Most AAS users are primarily interested in one thing, which is..."How much muscle will this stuff really help me add?" While this question is impossible to answer, due to the numerous influential variables involved, we can look to both medical research and real-world experience to help provide us with a clearer picture of what to expect. The following quote is an excerpt taken from a study comparing the effects of Testosterone and Trestolone:

Study comparing Ment to Testosterone: "The ability of 7 alpha-methyl-19-nortestosterone acetate (MENT) to increase the weights of ventral prostate and seminal vesicles of castrated rats was four times higher than that of testosterone, while its effect on the weights of bulbocavernosus plus levator ani muscles (muscle), was 10 times that of testosterone.(Endocrinology. 1992 Jun;130(6):3677-83.)"

Referencing the paragraph above, we see that Ment delivers 10X the myotropic effect (muscle building) of testosterone, on a mg to mg basis. Based on these figures, this would make Ment more potent than any other non-toxic injectable currently sold on the market. I comparison to the exceedingly potent steroid Trenbolone, which is often used as a benchmark for potency, Ment outperforms it by a full 250%.

It is important to note that the results witnessed in this study were obtained by using primates as test subjects, so while it is likely that the results will translate pretty well to humans, there is no substitute for real-world human testing being conducted specifically for the purpose of performance enhancement. The overwhelming majority of our BB'ing knowledge, as it relates to the optimal application of PED for the purpose of muscle growths, was gained through the combined experience of generations of athletes. While quality versions of this steroid are scarce, enough individuals have experimented with this steroid at this point in time, for us to have a good idea of what to expect.

First of all, the BB'r should not expect to grow muscle at 10X the rate of Testosterone at an equivalent dose, but there is no doubt that one's gains will measurably surpass what is attainable with an equal dose of Testosterone. Out of the few dozen people I have personally known who have used this steroid and based on the user experiences of others I am aware of, I would most aptly describe this steroid as a type of "super-testosterone", in terms of results. Visually, the musculature tends to take on a similar appearance. This is not a great steroid for contest prep or achieving a hard & dry look, but if sheer bulk accompanied by some water retention is what you're looking for, Ment will deliver. Like Testosterone, estrogen-induced water retention can be substantially reduced with the concurrent use of an AI, allowing a decently hard & dry appearance to manifest.

Even though Ment may behave similarly to Testosterone in terms of visual results & side effects, it is important to note that Ment's ability to trigger these side effects at equivalent doses is much more exaggerated compared to testosterone. This is due largely to its increased androgenic potency. According to use feedback, Ment also carries with it the risk of developing certain "tren-like" sides in some users, especially at higher dosages, although not all users have reported this.

As far as dosing is concerned, no definitive guidelines have yet been formed, although in my opinion it is likely that Ment will probably end up being dosed along the same lines as Trenbolone, with the average dose falling somewhere 200-500 mg per week. Of course, not all users will adhere to these guidelines, with some electing to administer a more hearty dosage. Overall, we are looking at a very potent steroid, both on paper and in the real-world, which is capable of eliciting serious gains in mass & strength over a relatively short period of time. As availability increases, look for this steroid to take up a more permanent residence in the arsenals of BB'rs and strength athletes alike.
    Interesting. Like tren without trendick and prolactin issues.
    Ca same sides else.

Agree?

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    So pretty much this is like the "super-roid" so then why don't more people use this? I mean it's been out since 1960's so I would expect it to be spoken and used more

boisebeast is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212
    So pretty much this is like the "super-roid" so then why don't more people use this? I mean it's been out since 1960's so I would expect it to be spoken and used more
    My thoughts exactly. No idea how I've never heard of this until now. There must be a catch otherwise everyone would be on it

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    My thoughts exactly. No idea how I've never heard of this until now. There must be a catch otherwise everyone would be on it
    I think the catch is that its hard to find?

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post

And almost all is fake. Ive red the core is 7x as expensive as the stuff they make test from.
    It also aromatize as a motherfucker.

Ah that explains it, thanks couch and Sil. Seems like a lab could make so much money if they made real var/primo/all of these hard to find compounds, even if they were super expensive. I guess the problem is probably that they have a hard time finding authentic raws

Dude if we can find this sh*t and it's legit a super stack would be

500mg testAnabolic/Androgenic Ratio: 100-100
    400mg ment Anabolic /Androgenic Ratio: 2300-650
    30mg oral mhon Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio: 1304/281

You would be a f*cking shredded monster. If diet and training were in order.

Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post

Nah...the ment superexpert said test tren and ment with...SD?..and M1x....dont remember what the x was. Would be the Big Dog Of Stacks. I have no idea what the two last was.

You can find it. FDA hasn't gotten ahold of it yet so it's not banned. You can purchase it on enhanced athlete and it's legit. May want to grab some before it's banned.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong123 View Post

You can find it. FDA hasn't gotten ahold of it yet so it's not banned. You can purchase it on enhanced athlete and it's legit. May want to grab some before it's banned.
    Yeah my buddy just told me about his site. It's 2.5× more then normal test vials but fvck it. I'll give it a go. But he is only taking preorders right now.
    donkeykong123 and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post

Nah...the ment superexpert said test tren and ment with...SD?..and M1x....dont remember what the x was. Would be the Big Dog Of Stacks. I have no idea what the two last was.
    Good ole' M1T with that stack would be INSANE!! GP still makes M1T and oral tren .

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    ......this and possibly.....$$$.

......this and possibly.....$$$.
    It is expensive. It's 2 1/2 more than a vial of test and that's if it's legit

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong123
    If it's been around since the 1960's and still legal how likely is it to get banned now?

Also does anyone know if this compound can be run solo like test? You guys got me interested in this...

Also does anyone know if this compound can be run solo like test? You guys got me interested in this...
    From all the info u can run it solo but it's not suggested

Yeah, you can run solo, but your dick might not work. Apparently it doesn't affect libido though...not many have ran this stuff so not a ton of information. Here is a video about it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KqkNDAZFQE&t=200s

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong123
    Yeah, you can run solo, but your dick might not work. Apparently it doesn't affect libido though...not many have ran this stuff so not a ton of information. Here is a video about it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KqkNDAZFQE&t=200s
    Thanks for the info and resources tice and donkey

I plan on running a MENT and Test-E cycle for 6-8 weeks. 30-50mg MENT ED and 250-300mg TEST a week just as a base.
    Where did u find the dosage for the oral ment? How do u know that 30-50mg is a starting point. Also is it liver toxic being oral?

Where did u find the dosage for the oral ment? How do u know that 30-50mg is a starting point. Also is it liver toxic being oral?
    It's on the bottle each pill is 10mg. I have searched the depths of the web and the handful of people that have ran it said to start between 30-50mg unless you're crazy and want to go 100mg and get a ton of estrogen flow. They say 30-50mg tends to be the sweet spot. If you search all of his videos he even admits to that being the good spot for MENT. It's minimal in terms of liver toxicity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B-SdRlKoOE&t=612s

He actually told me to run 30-50mg on a TRT base of test and after the 6 week cycle of MENT to just take my test up to 500mg or whatever I want to finish out the last six weeks of the cycle. I am so torn between doing that cycle or just doing a standard DBOL and TEST-E cycle, haha. Decisions decisions...

He actually told me to run 30-50mg on a TRT base of test and after the 6 week cycle of MENT to just take my test up to 500mg or whatever I want to finish out the last six weeks of the cycle. I am so torn between doing that cycle or just doing a standard DBOL and TEST-E cycle, haha. Decisions decisions...
    I just made my order I'm going to do

500mg test
    400mg ment
    300mg tren
    30mg mhn

After researching this stuff.
    donkeykong123 likes this.

500mg test
    400mg ment
    300mg tren
    30mg mhn

Haha, awesome. I already ordered mine as well. I got the oral version just so I can be a little more versatile with it. Let me know how your cycle goes! This is only my second cycle, so I'm a newbie. Why so high on the test? Won't that just make the possibilities of estrogen issue increase?

I already got all my AI's lined up just incase I decide to run the MENT over the DBOL and run into estrogen issues. Even got some Letro incase I have to zap it quickly. I plan on doing 12.5mg a day of Aromasine to start out and work my way from there...

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why would you take adex and aromasin ?^^^

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Why would you take adex and aromasin?^^^
    That's an error. Good catch.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    I would never take cycle advice from someone who's TRT regime is 250mg every 10 days.

Then he says you need to take oral ment frequently because of the peaks and valleys from hormone fluctuation lol.

500mg test
    400mg ment
    300mg tren
    30mg mhn

Looks good brotha.

Deal Me In is offline Member
    Thank you. That was great information. I will be looking into this further.

Heres a good read....

However, unlike most of the AAS which have hit the market in the last several years, Ment does not owe its popularity to enterprising OTC supplement companies or blackmarket dealers, but to legitimate medical research which has made its way into the BB’ing community. Ment was originally developed in the 1960’s, but recent interest has been generated by both the Population Council and the research-based pharmaceutical company Schering, due to their extensive investigation into Ment for the purposes of male birth control and hormone replacement therapy. This has resulted in some impressive findings, leading to the discovery of a steroid displaying a unique embodiment of traits, which are ideally suited to the muscle building process.

Belonging to the 19-nor family of steroids , Ment is more properly known as 7-alpha-methyl-nortestosterone, yet despite its close association to this class of steroids, Ment displays several characteristics more commonly attributed to Testosterone . Nowhere is this more evident than in the area of male sexual functioning. Anyone who has been around the steroid subculture long enough is aware that the 19-nor family of drugs is notorious for causing sexual dysfunction in males. Side effects such as low libido and/or the inability to obtain an erection characterize the use of steroids like Nandrolone or Trenbolone and led to the coining of terms such as “Deca -dick” and “Tren -dick”. While the humor inherent in such language is apparent, those who suffer with these self-inflicted maladies generally don’t find it a laughing matter.

With regard to cycle set-up, the inclusion of Ment allows for the revision of one of its most basic tenants, which traditionally says that testosterone should be included in every cycle. Although I personally do not agree with that philosophy in all cases, there are many good reasons why Testosterone should generally be included in one’s cycle. However, Ment changes all that, making the inclusion of Testosterone optional and not a necessity. All the side effects which normally present themselves in a state of Testosterone deficiency are absent when Ment is employed. This is a big advantage unique to Ment alone and which enables an AASA user to think outside the box when designing his/her cycle.

When determining Ment’s suitability as a prescription medication for male contraception or HRT, its effect on the prostate is of critical importance. This make or break factor was evaluated right from the start, with promising results. Research shows that Ment has a lesser effect on the prostate compared to testosterone per effective dose, reducing the potential risk of prostate issues in older men receiving treatment for HRT or otherwise. While younger users typically pay little heed to this aspect of their health, they may be glad they did later on down the road.

One area where Ment isn’t quite so friendly is that of HPTA suppression. Research shows that Ment is a full 12X as suppressive as Testosterone on a mg to mg basis. However, this side effect is deemed to be a necessary benefit when looking to develop this drug as a birth control medication. Any steroid used for birth control purposes requires an exceptionally high success rate at preventing pregnancy, and that will only come by way of significant suppression of spermatogenesis. In reality, most steroid users end up largely infertile by cycle’s end anyway, due to the number and quantity of AAS used.

Now let’s move onto the more exciting stuff; namely its ability to build muscle tissue. Most AAS users are primarily interested in one thing, which is…”How much muscle will this stuff really help me add?” While this question is impossible to answer, due to the numerous influential variables involved, we can look to both medical research and real-world experience to help provide us with a clearer picture of what to expect. The following quote is an excerpt taken from a study comparing the effects of Testosterone and Trestolone:

Study comparing Ment to Testosterone: “The ability of 7 alpha-methyl-19-nortestosterone acetate (MENT) to increase the weights of ventral prostate and seminal vesicles of castrated rats was four times higher than that of testosterone, while its effect on the weights of bulbocavernosus plus levator ani muscles (muscle), was 10 times that of testosterone.(Endocrinology. 1992 Jun;130(6):3677-83.)”

It is important to note that the results witnessed in this study were obtained by using primates as test subjects, so while it is likely that the results will translate pretty well to humans, there is no substitute for real-world human testing being conducted specifically for the purpose of performance enhancement. The overwhelming majority of our BB’ing knowledge, as it relates to the optimal application of PED for the purpose of muscle growths, was gained through the combined experience of generations of athletes. While quality versions of this steroid are scarce, enough individuals have experimented with this steroid at this point in time, for us to have a good idea of what to expect.

First of all, the BB’r should not expect to grow muscle at 10X the rate of Testosterone at an equivalent dose, but there is no doubt that one’s gains will measurably surpass what is attainable with an equal dose of Testosterone. Out of the few dozen people I have personally known who have used this steroid and based on the user experiences of others I am aware of, I would most aptly describe this steroid as a type of “super-testosterone”, in terms of results. Visually, the musculature tends to take on a similar appearance. This is not a great steroid for contest prep or achieving a hard & dry look, but if sheer bulk accompanied by some water retention is what you’re looking for, Ment will deliver. Like Testosterone, estrogen-induced water retention can be substantially reduced with the concurrent use of an AI, allowing a decently hard & dry appearance to manifest.

Even though Ment may behave similarly to Testosterone in terms of visual results & side effects, it is important to note that Ment’s ability to trigger these side effects at equivalent doses is much more exaggerated compared to testosterone. This is due largely to its increased androgenic potency. According to use feedback, Ment also carries with it the risk of developing certain “tren-like” sides in some users, especially at higher dosages, although not all users have reported this.

As far as dosing is concerned, no definitive guidelines have yet been formed, although in my opinion it is likely that Ment will probably end up being dosed along the same lines as Trenbolone, with the average dose falling somewhere 200-500 mg per week. Of course, not all users will adhere to these guidelines, with some electing to administer a more hearty dosage. Overall, we are looking at a very potent steroid, both on paper and in the real-world, which is capable of eliciting serious gains in mass & strength over a relatively short period of time. As availability increases, look for this steroid to take up a more permanent residence in the arsenals of BB’rs and strength athletes alike.

Thank you. That was great information. I will be looking into this further.
    I will be running it within a few weeks. I will let you know how it goes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information