Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    GetPumped's Avatar
    GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,083

    HCG, Clomid, or Nolvadex......for PCT???

    Ok, bros I am just wondering which would be best to use for a PCT after a 10 week cycle of deca and test enanthate ? A lot of people seem to be bias toward clomid, but then a lot of people say it does "bad" stuff to them and they can't wait to get off it. I also read when I performed a search, that nolvadex was better to use for PCT than clomid. Which, in you guys opinion, would yall take to keep most of the gains? I'm not really too familiar with the HCG , but I know how it works and a lot of bros seem to like it. Which, in you guys opinion, would be best for me to keep most my gains? I don't really want to use clomid because lots of guys says it makes them feel "weird", but if yall think clomid will work the best I will use it. Thanks bros.

  2. #2
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    Clomid + nolva. Clomid is a MUST for post cycle, I don't care what anyone tells you. I tried running nolva PC one time alone without clomid and lost nearly everything i gained. HCG isn't really needed for shorter, moderate dosed cycles.

  3. #3
    halifaxsteve is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    595
    IMO nolva and clomid all the way..after a 10 wk cycle, HCG would be a waste...

  4. #4
    GetPumped's Avatar
    GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by halifaxsteve
    IMO nolva and clomid all the way..after a 10 wk cycle, HCG would be a waste...
    Ok, I will take clomid along with nolva. I was originally going to take just clomid like this starting three weeks after my last injection:

    300 mg the first day, 100mg the next ten days, then 50 mg the next ten days

    How should I take the nolva along with this? does this sound about right for the clomid? Thanks bros.

  5. #5
    halifaxsteve is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    595
    run nolva 20mg day, and i would taper off it to avoid a rebound effect.

    clomid you should run for 4 wks because you were on deca . any time you run an ester like deca, which shuts you down that hard, you need to run the clomid 4wks

  6. #6
    RayL is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    153
    This seems to be a never ending debate around here. I wish the moderators and other experts would get together and write a single edited thread that covers this stuff with no contradictary opinions in the thread. A while ago, after much research, I decided that Nolvadex was superior to clomid for both post cycle and during a cycle. Recently, I have become unsure again. Some say that clomid has properties that help to get the old testes back into normal operation. Others say that it does not. Some say that both Nolvadex and Clomid function in the same manner, competing for receptors with the increased estrogen levels in the body that occurs during steroid use . I have also heard that HCG is the only thing that stimulates natural test production after a cycle. This is so confusing. The more I read, The more confused I become. I am serious when I say this, I have spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours researching this stuff and I am still no further along than I was after the first couple of days into my research. I guess that is just part of the game for those of us who live in this underground world.

  7. #7
    pumpseeker's Avatar
    pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,541
    Quote Originally Posted by RayL
    This seems to be a never ending debate around here. I wish the moderators and other experts would get together and write a single edited thread that covers this stuff with no contradictary opinions in the thread. A while ago, after much research, I decided that Nolvadex was superior to clomid for both post cycle and during a cycle. Recently, I have become unsure again. Some say that clomid has properties that help to get the old testes back into normal operation. Others say that it does not. Some say that both Nolvadex and Clomid function in the same manner, competing for receptors with the increased estrogen levels in the body that occurs during steroid use. I have also heard that HCG is the only thing that stimulates natural test production after a cycle. This is so confusing. The more I read, The more confused I become. I am serious when I say this, I have spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours researching this stuff and I am still no further along than I was after the first couple of days into my research. I guess that is just part of the game for those of us who live in this underground world.
    Have you actually tested out both methods personally? bdtr said he has and will always use clomid post from now on. I've only used both clomid AND nolva post, never hcg . My recovery is going well this time. Last cycle, it was not as easy (Deca ). Never used hcg because I didn't think I'd need it after my 10 and 13 week cycles. Only use when your balls have atrophied, IMO.

  8. #8
    RayL is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpseeker
    Have you actually tested out both methods personally? bdtr said he has and will always use clomid post from now on. I've only used both clomid AND nolva post, never hcg. My recovery is going well this time. Last cycle, it was not as easy (Deca). Never used hcg because I didn't think I'd need it after my 10 and 13 week cycles. Only use when your balls have atrophied, IMO.
    Nope, I have no experience with either. In fact, my first cycle is still in my closet until I get everything figured out.

  9. #9
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,724
    HCG should be used when you are comming off of cycles that will shut you down hard..... example would be like when running Deca at high doses or at long periods. Running a moderate cycle that shuts you down slightly will only need clomid or clomid and another drug to keep estrogen levels in check like nolva.

    <B>"This seems to be a never ending debate around here. I wish the moderators and other experts would get together and write a single edited thread that covers this stuff with no contradictary opinions in the thread"</B>

    You're right it is very confusing with all the different information out on the board but there are papers written describing the functions of these drugs for PCT.

    There's realy no way to determine what will work best for you..... you will need to do the research and see what PCT method works for you. From all your research you should come to one conclusion that clomid should be used in PCT and if you feel your cycles shut you down very hard you may need HCG.

  10. #10
    RayL is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    There's realy no way to determine what will work best for you..... you will need to do the research and see what PCT method works for you. From all your research you should come to one conclusion that clomid should be used in PCT and if you feel your cycles shut you down very hard you may need HCG.
    I am not sure if Clomid is truly better than Nolvadex for post cycle recovery. I am afraid that Clomid is favored over Nolvadex for post cycle because of tradition and myth more than anything. Except for "message board hearsay" I haven't read anything technical in nature that demonstates how Clomid is better than Nolvadex for post cycle.

    I am no expert and have no personal experience is these matters. I have only reached this opinion by the use of secondary reseach that I have found on the internet. None of my reading has included peer reviewed material as far as I know but it sounded like some educated stuff. So, take my opinion for what it is worth. Almost nothing

  11. #11
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,724
    I don't know if you read this post. It has some good info:
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...t=clomid+nolva

    Billy_Bathgate has a post at the end saying that he did use nolva only for PCT..... it did get him back up but it did take a lot longer than if he used clomid. Like him I think both Nolva and Clomid should be used in PCT.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •