jcrew.com is offline Banned

removing ba ( benzoyl alcohol )?

i was wondering if any of you knew of a way i could remove benzoyl alcohol from my gear? some say to boil it but other say this just kills the bacteria and that the ba won't actually evaporate and go out the pin in the stopper.

any advice would be appreciated. i searched the board. couldn't find shit. problem probably is that "ba" is only two letters long so you can't search for it.

preppy white-boy

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    First of all, why would you want rid of the benzyl alchohol? It is used in your particular drug (?) to sterilize your injectable. And your drug is disolved in it.

Are you making something and you got to much ba in there?

jcrew.com is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IronRuffy
    First of all, why would you want rid of the benzyl alchohol? It is used in your particular drug (?) to sterilize your injectable. And your drug is disolved in it.

Are you making something and you got to much ba in there?
    drug is not dissolved in ba. drug is dissolved primarily in the oil. bought the product premade and it has way too much ba in it. don't want to waste it. want to see if i can remove some of the ba.

preppy white-boy

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I think the boiling point for BA is over 400 degrees F so you're going to have a hard time making the alcohol evaporate.

Don't forget that some BA is needed to suspend the AS.

flexgolf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I think the boiling point for BA is over 400 degrees F so you're going to have a hard time making the alcohol evaporate.

Don't forget that some BA is needed to suspend the AS.
    yeah ive also heard a number very close to the 400 degrees F. even if you could obtain that value, the process would be verrrryyyy slow. to be at all efficient you would need about 450 (just an approximation)

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    BA is very important since it prevents microbes from accumulating in solution. The vial is not 100% sterile. After sticking your needle in there a few times you eventually transfer some bacteria from the surface into the bottle. Without the BA the microbes will multiply and next time you dose bame right inside you. I have seen some compeling experiments on the importance of BA especially homebrews. Money boss is also right it also affects the dissolution of the compound

Thread Information