View Poll Results: Is 10mg of Nolvadex enough during a Test cycle? (Expalin answer in thread)

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 10mg of nolva is far sufficient. I haven't heard of any gyno with 10mg.

1 16.67%
  • Yes, 10mg is enough, but I wouldn't take it unless needed.

2 33.33%
  • No, take 20mg everyday from wk 1 through PCT.

2 33.33%
  • I wouldn't even take nolva. I'll share a better alternative in this thread.

1 16.67%
    realityarts is offline Member

10mg of Nolvadex Enough? Explain in thread.

I'm going to do a test enanthate only cycle - taking nolva wk1-PCT, and use Clomid/Nolva in PCT.

Questions:

What is your opinion of using 10mg of nolva, rather than 20mg of nolva during a test cycle? Please explain what you base your answer on.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    10mg enough for what??? How much testosterone are you taking? It depends on how much total aromatizing you have going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    10mg enough for what??? How much testosterone are you taking? It depends on how much total aromatizing you have going on...
    Well, nolva is almost exclusively used by BBers for an anti-e. So, that answers the "for what." [Anti-e is to be interpreted as anti-gyno - then bloating, heavy water retension and so forth.]

As far as how much test? Good point! I did forget to mention that (sorry): 500 mg Testosterone Enanthate (or Cyp) per week for 10 weeks.

BTW, how much aromatase enzyme is active in one's system is any person's guess - it varies from person to person and from day to day (...). This is to be based upon each person's individual experiences and educated opinion.

Thanks...

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    10 is fine it will help with the bloating and you can always take more if signs of gyno arrise.

Quote Originally Posted by TRE
    10 is fine it will help with the bloating and you can always take more if signs of gyno arrise.
    That sounds good. I think that it is best not to 'over-medicate.'

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I am pretty gyno prone from what I have been able to tell. I am currently running test at 1g per week, and the first 4 weeks it was at 1.7g. My nips started getting sore on 10mg of nolva, but I added in .5mg of liquidex and it went away. I think if you are doing nolva alone and are gyno prone 20mg ed would be better.....

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    10mg is a good amount when using L-dex in conjunction. If using Nolva alone, go 20. Nolva will only help in it's administration, not only with estrogenic sides, but also with lipids(as L-dex can actually have negative effects on lipids)

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    i would choose 20mg ED, unless using l-dex, then it's 10.
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by realityarts
    Well, nolva is almost exclusively used by BBers for an anti-e. So, that answers the "for what." [Anti-e is to be interpreted as anti-gyno - then bloating, heavy water retension and so forth.]
    R U schooling me here? I didn't see the smilie or the humor in the tone... maybe I am just having a rough night - but it sounds like you are explaining to me what "anti-e" means And about aromatizing activity in general...

You asked if 10mg of Nolvadex was enough - pretty vague question...

For 500mg of testosterone enanthate I would say 10mg of Nolvadex is plenty... gyno isn't really a concern since the only aromatizing androgen is 500mg of testosterone (the only steroid being used for that matter) for a few weeks. Estrogen is not the enemy (more like an evil step sister). It has some beneficial properties to it - but too much can cause unwanted effects; like water and fat retention. So don't try and pump your system with a bunch of exogenous testosterone and block all the estrogen - it puts your body into a very unnatural state. Start at 10mg ED, if you feel you need more - then bump it to 20... just remember, more ain't always better...

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    R U schooling me here? I didn't see the smilie or the humor in the tone... maybe I am just having a rough night - but it sounds like you are explaining to me what "anti-e" means And about aromatizing activity in general...
    you forgot already? Damn I just explained nolva to you the other day.
    It goes in one ear and out the other with you.

n0_Genetics is offline Associate Member
    don't use anti-e's during a cycle... prob cos i'm not prone to e-effects... though i would think it would help me with the bloat, but i'm not willing to spend that additional money for something i think that looks pretty cool... makes me look like a mini mini mini kamali off season

like2juice is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SGFuryZ
    Some people may disagree with me, but I subscribe to the school of thought that NO ONE is immune to estrogenic/progestrogenic gyno. If you run your doses high enough, you'll end up with bitch tits. It's simple chemistry. Think of it like alcohol. People's tolerances vary from one person to the next. Some guys need only 3 beers (like me) to get themselves silly, while some can drink a 24-pack and feel nothing. Just different natural levels of resistance. I bet you if that higher-tolerance drinker drank enough, he'd get drunk. AAS would be the same way, IMO. (as well as any other drug/chemical) You have no sides? No zits? No bloat? That couple hundred you spend on anti-e's is a lot cheaper than a $5000 gyno-removal surgery down the road...

Thats an interesting way of looking at it. It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    you forgot already? Damn I just explained nolva to you the other day.
    It goes in one ear and out the other with you.

Thread Information