talon is offline Senior Member

Nolvadex vs. Clomid

I posted this at a few other forums, just wanted to see what you guys think:
    Which do you guys prefer for PCT? I have been reading alot about the two compounds lately and I have came to the conclusion that Nolvadex is the better PCT. Nolva. has a direct influence on bring back natural test. and nolva. also increases the responsivness of LH to GnRH. I have read, though, that clomid sorta decreases both. Also, for PCT you wouldnt have to take as much (quantity) of nolva. to get equal to or better effects then clomid. Thus, you wouldnt have to worry about clomids sides in high doses like "blurry vision" etc. You can also use HCG in conjuntion w/ nolvadex, opening the HPTA, dropping your little ones, producing LG and GnRH starting spermatogenesis again (getting you little swimmers back). It seems like if you pair the two, which I think you can/should, you would get the hole pair of shoes, instead of just one w/ clomid. Just an idea.
    Last edited by talon; 10-19-2003 at 04:10 PM.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Clomid decreases LH to GnRH? Would need to see evidence on that. Clomid+ nolv the way to go, but would think that nolv by itself to weak of a test stimulator. Also, nolv has almost same side effects of clomid.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Clomid is used to make women ovulate by decreasing estrogen and stimulating LH (woman have higher testosterone levels right before ovulation). Nolvadex is just an anti-e, clinically used for breast cancer... in which Arimidex is now the popular drug.

Clomid hands down since it blocks estrogen and stimulates LH. But Nolvadex is a stronger anti estrogen mg per mg and if estrogen levels are allowed to elevate too much post cycle - you will have a harder time recovering... high estrogen can keep you shut down.

The best sollution may be a mixture of the two...

Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    Clomid decreases LH to GnRH? Would need to see evidence on that. Clomid+ nolv the way to go, but would think that nolv by itself to weak of a test stimulator. Also, nolv has almost same side effects of clomid.
    I meant to say that it seems as if Clomid tends to decrease the responsvenes of LH to GnRH. My theory was that, like warrior said, that it is needed less, mg to mg, then clomid, so you wouldnt have to use as much. The way you wouldnt get the sides of anti e's like blurry vision.

BTW, I read somewhere Asymmetrical that "Nolvadex has a direct influence on bringing back natural test, where as clomid may actually have a slightly neg. influence. Nolvadex also deactivates rebound estrogen much faster and more effectively then Clomid" Cant remember where, but I printed the article out. Do you guys believe this or have evidence supporting an opposing view?
    Last edited by talon; 10-19-2003 at 04:14 PM.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by talon
    I meant to say that it seems as if Clomid tends to decrease the responsvenes of LH to GnRH. My theory was that, like warrior said, that it is needed less, mg to mg, then clomid, so you wouldnt have to use as much. The way you wouldnt get the sides of anti e's like blurry vision.

BTW, I read somewhere Asymmetrical that "Nolvadex has a direct influence on bringing back natural test, where as clomid may actually have a slightly neg. influence. Nolvadex also deactivates rebound estrogen much faster and more effectively then Clomid" Cant remember where, but I printed the article out. Do you guys believe this or have evidence supporting an opposing view?
    Very interesting thread Talon, I would agree definitely that nolv deactivates estrogen better than clomid. I would just be very tentative in running nolv without clomid for pct.

Bump...

Thread Information