Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 38 of 38
  1. #1
    cjp85's Avatar
    cjp85 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SD_CALI
    Posts
    754

    insulin for lagging bodyparts

    Since insulin is used immediately post workout, could you use it after working certain bodyparts to improve a lagging bodypart. For example if your legs are lagging, only use it after leg workouts, or would this just be stupid?
    Last edited by cjp85; 12-10-2003 at 06:42 PM.

  2. #2
    gundam675's Avatar
    gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,477
    thats stupid. insulin is not some form of site enhancement oil nor does it cause localized growth !

  3. #3
    cjp85's Avatar
    cjp85 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SD_CALI
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam675
    thats stupid. insulin is not some form of site enhancement oil nor does it cause localized growth !
    Dude, how is that stupid?, I never mentioned anything about site enhancement or localized growth in the injection site Everyone knows that wouldnt work. Read my post again, what Im saying is since insuling peaks at 2 to 4 hours (depending on type) and that you use it immediately post work out, would it be ok to use after you train a bodypart that is lagging for its anabolic properties. For example, if my triceps were a little too big for my biceps, would it be ok to use insulin after a biceps workout, but not on other workout days?

  4. #4
    longhornDr's Avatar
    longhornDr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Galveston Texas
    Posts
    528
    Insulin can cause localized hypertrophy of adipose cells, so it is not stupid to theorize that it could possibly cause localized hypertrophy of myocytes if injected IM post workout.

    Wouldn't be surprised at all if it did.

  5. #5
    Bartleby's Avatar
    Bartleby is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    Insulin can cause localized hypertrophy of adipose cells, so it is not stupid to theorize that it could possibly cause localized hypertrophy of myocytes if injected IM post workout.

    Wouldn't be surprised at all if it did.
    if thats correct how wise it to mess with blood/glucose levels every so often like if you were to only use it once a week for a certain bodypart. JMO this is interesting though

  6. #6
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    insulin is a vehicle that will fuel all body parts...lnot just the lagging ones or the ones you just worked....it's not to be taken lightly either

  7. #7
    motoxxxguy's Avatar
    motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,630
    I don't think it is a stupid question at all. I can see where you are coming from. If you have a part that is lagging, like your legs, for example, and use slin post-workout on leg days, it stands to reason that it could help with growth in those particular muscles. Insulin acts as a shuttle, carrying nutrients to your muscles, adn if a muscle was recently worked hard, it will require more nutrients, thus insulin would be able to supply more to them.

    To say that insulin will fuel all body parts in not completely correct. If you don't work a particular bodypart, insulin will not make it grow.

    As far as it not being wise to "mess with blood/glucose levels", that is just what you do when using slin post-workout. It is not like AAS, where it is beneficial to keep steady, elevated blood levels.

    I do believe there could be some benefit to this. It seems logical to me, but I have yet to use slin, and I'm still in the research stages but getting very close to starting. I would like to hear some input from someone who has extensive slin experience.

    -moto

  8. #8
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    I don't think it is a stupid question at all. I can see where you are coming from. If you have a part that is lagging, like your legs, for example, and use slin post-workout on leg days, it stands to reason that it could help with growth in those particular muscles. Insulin acts as a shuttle, carrying nutrients to your muscles, adn if a muscle was recently worked hard, it will require more nutrients, thus insulin would be able to supply more to them.

    To say that insulin will fuel all body parts in not completely correct. If you don't work a particular bodypart, insulin will not make it grow.

    As far as it not being wise to "mess with blood/glucose levels", that is just what you do when using slin post-workout. It is not like AAS, where it is beneficial to keep steady, elevated blood levels.

    I do believe there could be some benefit to this. It seems logical to me, but I have yet to use slin, and I'm still in the research stages but getting very close to starting. I would like to hear some input from someone who has extensive slin experience.

    -moto
    I did'nt think this was a stupid question either....You bring up some very good points, and this is a very good post...i would differ in that to make muscles grow with slin, the slin will have to be constant, or to some regularity, in the blood like, guess what, other aas....taking it on leg days only, or calve day, etc. to me would'nt yield much...i might just have to try out your theory, it does interest me.....i will go extremely far out on the line and say there is only 1 thing that will bring up a lagging body part(synthol)...most of the big ones have used(coleman's calves)

  9. #9
    motoxxxguy's Avatar
    motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,630
    Well it seems to me that the use of slin doesn't really have anything to do with steady levels. If you use something like Humulin-R, it is in and out of your system in a matter of about 4 hours. After that, you don't take another shot, you don't use it again until after you next workout (in my case, as I won't be using it twice a day, nor do I workout everyday). It can work effectively like this and doesn't need to be maintained at a constantly elevated level. This would be VERY BAD! I think htis idea has some merit.

    -moto

  10. #10
    TheJuicer is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    884
    bump...I'm very interested in using slin after a workout...What is the window that you have to inject...1 hour? Also should I down a protein shake with it? Also for you experience users...what gains do you make...I'm cutting right now!

  11. #11
    Rickson's Avatar
    Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,165
    I think it is an interesting question as well. I would think the amount of enhanced growth you would see from a better glycogen and nitrogen uptake post workout would be somewhat minimal but on an experienced BB it could be possible. I have never heard anyone attempt it but if you do keep a detailed diary and let us know.

  12. #12
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    bump

  13. #13
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    im picking up some today...

  14. #14
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    sweet, asym can you keep us informed? im sure you will just had to ask

  15. #15
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    i 'll make a log.....think im gonna run some tren and finish up my prop then use the slin as a bridge.....
    im just not sure what kind of slin ill be able to score

  16. #16
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    i hope so

  17. #17
    cjp85's Avatar
    cjp85 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SD_CALI
    Posts
    754
    I just kind of liked the idea of it. Im for sure not ready for slin yet, I havnt even juiced. So after a few more years of reading and training, Ill probably do some expirimenting. Im only 18 right now, sow Im just trying to take advantage of my natural test levels, plus Im making great gains right now as it is. Basicly Im just on here learning, but when the time comes Ill for sure keep a cycle diary.

  18. #18
    cjp85's Avatar
    cjp85 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SD_CALI
    Posts
    754
    bump

  19. #19
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    Well it seems to me that the use of slin doesn't really have anything to do with steady levels. If you use something like Humulin-R, it is in and out of your system in a matter of about 4 hours. After that, you don't take another shot, you don't use it again until after you next workout (in my case, as I won't be using it twice a day, nor do I workout everyday). It can work effectively like this and doesn't need to be maintained at a constantly elevated level. This would be VERY BAD! I think htis idea has some merit.

    -moto
    got my hands on some slin today...it's the slow acting kind, in system for 24 hours....gonna do some more research, then it's go time today

  20. #20
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    be careful bro.... real careful, with long acting slin if you dont know what you're doing to a greater extent than faster acting slin, you'll end up either really horribly fat or dead.

  21. #21
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    be careful bro.... real careful, with long acting slin if you dont know what you're doing to a greater extent than faster acting slin, you'll end up either really horribly fat or dead.
    thx bdtr, i will read carefully..

  22. #22
    motoxxxguy's Avatar
    motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,630
    I don't know if I'd use the slow acting slin bro. It works good for diabetics, but for us the faster it works and get out the better. Humalin-R is easy to get and I'm not sure if Humalog is still prescription-only in the US. I wouldn't even try to use the long acting stuff as it will require constant discipline throughout the day, rather than for a few hours at a time.

    -moto

  23. #23
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    I don't know if I'd use the slow acting slin bro. It works good for diabetics, but for us the faster it works and get out the better. Humalin-R is easy to get and I'm not sure if Humalog is still prescription-only in the US. I wouldn't even try to use the long acting stuff as it will require constant discipline throughout the day, rather than for a few hours at a time.

    -moto
    this was all i could get here...definitely not my first choice..i prob should hold out to get R...

  24. #24
    motoxxxguy's Avatar
    motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,630
    I definitely would. Check your PM's bro.

    -moto

  25. #25
    raider78 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteykauai
    does anyone use humalog?
    I use humalog and also another make, cant remember the name but both short lasting.

    I use 2IU's per Ilb of body weight post workout (started at 1IU and built up the dosage), after 15 mins I consume a high energy carb drink mixed with creatine and HMB an hour later a high calorie low fat weight gain drink.

    I use it most days after training unless I am unable to sit around for 4 hours waiting for the insulin to become inactive, as you cant risk sleeping etc.

    I have never had any side affects, no dizziness or tiredness, put that down to the high calorie weightgain (1500K).

    As for results, Im using it along side AS and to be quite honest I have not noticed any considerable results compared to using AS alone, but maybe im just a freak, as it's supposed to be great for gains apparently the most anabolic substance! See anabolicreviews.com steroid profile.

  26. #26
    legend is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    401
    rider, it is possible your not using enough. not to make anyone up there doses, so please do not take my word, check into it for yourself.and whiteyk, no offense bro but you are definatley not ready to do insulin . it is not a game, and you do not sound like you have any knowledge of it. this is amazing. a guy writes a post, gets flamed by the first reader, and then gets hailed for a great post. which by the way it is. good one cjp85. very interesting topic. i would like to explore it further myself. i will keep you boys posted if i do.

  27. #27
    cjp85's Avatar
    cjp85 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SD_CALI
    Posts
    754
    bump, I know its old, but maybe we can get some new info

  28. #28
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    True I think it has some merit as well. I remember posting back when I bumped this when I didnt know crap about slin... now I know some... I hope asym didnt use that 24 slin as it would be a beotch. Humalog IM would be the best way to go IMO that way you only have to watch your levels for 2 hours... I know Rambo did a IM two week slin cycle but it wasnt for lagging body parts. But it is still a great read.
    I will try slin one day for sure... I cant wait

  29. #29
    chances is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    290
    This is a very good question, but, unfortunately, insulin doesn't work that way. Insulin has a systemic action, which means it works equally every where in the body. It will not preferentially shuttle nutrients into the worked muscles. It shuttles it into ALL muscles equally amoungst other actions.

    Taking insulin only once a week will just give you less gains than you could have achieved taking it more often.

    chance
    Last edited by chances; 08-26-2004 at 11:45 PM.

  30. #30
    Rickson's Avatar
    Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,165
    I think we all agree that insulin is systemic. I still don't know the answer to this but the idea that the muscle worked out will benefit most by the nutrients shuttled due to slin is reasonable. If you were a high level competitor who needed to bring up a lagging body part so only took slin post workout for that one part and the rest of the week did a normal pwo diet then the increased nutrient intake and subsequent improved recovery may help. I still don't know anyone who has tried it.

  31. #31
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    I'm not trying to hijack the thread here, but on the same theme - would LR3 IGF-1 be a better choice to use on lagging bodyparts, shot IM PWO in the muscle worked?

  32. #32
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Yes, insulin can be used to bring up lagging bodyparts. Several members in this thread have already theorized as to why. Shooting slin IM after a workout will lead to nutrient shuttling to the bodyparts that were affected that day. Following normal PWO nutrition for other bodyparts will lead to the one bodypart that was afffected by slin having been subjected to a higher rate of nutrient delivery. However, being that the onset of Humalin R is too delayed, as well as too broad, it would have a less pronounced affect on site specific enhancements, since nutrients aren't being shuttled as efficiently PWO. Humalin R, like Einstein said, was hot at about the time Molly Ringwald was. Humalog is the only option for effective use of slin these days, as BG can be monitored and controlled much more efficiently. Furthermore, I wouldn't be suprised if injecting IM into muscle groups worked immediately prior to inject wouldn't create a higher rate of growth over time, as long as shots were distrobuted evenly, much like IGF.

  33. #33
    steggs's Avatar
    steggs is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    215
    it can work as before i started insulin full time i used it after chest w/outs as it was lagging it worked for me

    but trust me this is slin my freind and u should respect it RESEARCH greatly before use ive gone into hypo a couple of times over the years and its very scary there are some realy good posts and articals in the hgh and insulin board posted by some very clued up people take a look

    above all be careful and good luck

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    845
    Insuline for lagging body parts is a not so good idea...
    Too many factors that prevent it from being usable to that degree...

    Good site enhancement drugs are BASES
    (TEST BASE, TREN BASE, BOLDENON BASE etc.)...

    Assymetrical --> Using Long-acting Insuline is stupid and counterproductive...
    I really enjoy your posts and helpfulness; so I wonder -->
    Why use something just because you can get a hold of it?
    (Especially somethng as dangerous as slin)...

    Humalog (shortest activity of the available insuline compounds) is cheap and readily available without script on a dozen of online pharmacies...

    Greets
    Kingofmasters

  35. #35
    joevette's Avatar
    joevette is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by chances
    This is a very good question, but, unfortunately, insulin doesn't work that way. Insulin has a systemic action, which means it works equally every where in the body. It will not preferentially shuttle nutrients into the worked muscles. It shuttles it into ALL muscles equally amoungst other actions.

    Taking insulin only once a week will just give you less gains than you could have achieved taking it more often.

    chance
    This is false, when you work a certain body part it reduces the glycogen stores in that part and in turn creates insulinase. This insulinase works directly with insulin and AAS to increase nutrient abosorbtion in that specific muscle. This is why you could theoretically use it for site enhancement. Talk to einstein if you really want a specific answer.

  36. #36
    Doc Slin's Avatar
    Doc Slin is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Between Dreams...
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    Since insulin is used immediately post workout, could you use it after working certain bodyparts to improve a lagging bodypart. For example if your legs are lagging, only use it after leg workouts, or would this just be stupid?

    Well i didnt feel like reading all those **** posts but in answer to your question no its not stupid I literally stick Slin in every part of my body lol if you use it post workout or even pre, i stick in my tris after a have a day of hard tricep training and it DOES have somewhat of a enhancement of site injections i stick it IM every where bro. I say all this from experience take it as you like.
    -Doc

  37. #37
    kilroz is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    52
    pick up some humalog and some Long IGF and work your way up to using 60mcgs + 10 ius of slin immediately after workout for 4 weeks AT THE MOST.

  38. #38
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    Insuline for lagging body parts is a not so good idea...
    Too many factors that prevent it from being usable to that degree...

    Good site enhancement drugs are BASES
    (TEST BASE, TREN BASE, BOLDENON BASE etc.)...

    Assymetrical --> Using Long-acting Insuline is stupid and counterproductive...
    I really enjoy your posts and helpfulness; so I wonder -->
    Why use something just because you can get a hold of it?
    (Especially somethng as dangerous as slin)...

    Humalog (shortest activity of the available insuline compounds) is cheap and readily available without script on a dozen of online pharmacies...

    Greets
    Kingofmasters
    i've used long acting insulin and short acting insulin both with about the same effect.....long acting insulin can be beneficial, you just have to have a very strict diet and monitor yourself alot more......my legit sources, ofcourse, dont deal in slin and i was scammed trying to buy -r before.......all in all, did any slin (short or fast) bring up my nagging body parts? not exactly....did it do anything noticable? not exactly will i use slin again? nope

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •