Nathan is offline Retired Moderator

My immune system no longer seems to work - l'il help?

I doubt it's the 10mg of d-bol I'm takin in the am. I've now stopped taking the 3iu's of gh a day. I am over the flu which I had for a while but now seem to have a cold and bronchitis. I won't lie, I was smoking weed all day every day and doing other narcotics from time to time and that may very well be my problem. I haven't touched anything in 2 weeks now though. I'm so tired of being sick. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks either. I want to go today but am not sure if I should. I feel retarded. **** this. i am taking liquidex, letrozole and some nolva though since my nip was acting up. Life sucks. Kill me. Any thoughts?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan
    I doubt it's the 10mg of d-bol I'm takin in the am. I've now stopped taking the 3iu's of gh a day. I am over the flu which I had for a while but now seem to have a cold and bronchitis. I won't lie, I was smoking weed all day every day and doing other narcotics from time to time and that may very well be my problem. I haven't touched anything in 2 weeks now though. I'm so tired of being sick. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks either. I want to go today but am not sure if I should. I feel retarded. **** this. i am taking liquidex, letrozole and some nolva though since my nip was acting up. Life sucks. Kill me. Any thoughts?
    My suggestions are go clean and get tested for mono and hiv.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    My suggestions are go clean and get tested for mono and hiv.
    Yeah, i agree. He's been banging a ton of chicks at his office.

darmadoc is offline Member
    Is dbol all you are taking? and how much pain medication are we talkinhg about here?

shadow123 is offline Associate Member
    just a qustion bud why are u a General Forum Moderator who smokes weed and takes narcotics surely u should know these are no good for body building.
    also roids always make u more prone to get ill, my advice is stop the other drugs , u should know better and also if u go to the doctors try to get a flu jab......
    let us know how u get on ..............

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow123
    just a qustion bud why are u a General Forum Moderator who smokes weed and takes narcotics surely u should know these are no good for body building.
    also roids always make u more prone to get ill, my advice is stop the other drugs , u should know better and also if u go to the doctors try to get a flu jab......
    my thoughts exactly, how do you get a mod job anyway? i mean id think the mods are suppossed to be on point, and here you are taking weed and other drugs while your on your cycle? sorry to be blunt, but you must be an idiot?

jdog55 is offline Associate Member

No Flaming

Nathan used to be very knowledgable about things. He is a cool guy. He's a general forum moderator anyway.

Jdog55

[email protected]

dont worry mate, no flames lol
    Fair Point

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog55
    Nathan used to be very knowledgable about things. He is a cool guy. He's a general forum moderator anyway.

Jdog55

[email protected]
    He still is very knowledgable. Just doesn't show it very often.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow123
    I know look how badly it stunted Arnold's potential. I don't question Nathans knowledge and his choices in lifestyle are his own. You are welcome to express an opposing view but please respect the mods here. They have all earned the right to be Mods.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Nathan I have respect for you bro,I don't enjoy reading this kind of post though...clean your act up bro and move on.

DB

i have total respect for the mods , but weed and narcotics do your body no good if u are a body bulder....................

magnusson is offline Junior Member
    Weed is great if your a BB just lay off real drugs like alcohol and coke. Whenever I'm on tren I get sick every few weeks, its anoyying as hell. Take lots of vitamin C and make sure to get plenty of calories and rest.

Give your body a couple weeks off THC also, smoking anything will decrease your immune system a little bit.

taquipariu is offline Associate Member
    I agree with vitamin C supplementation. I use 500 mg, 3 times a day, and I have been more than a year healthy, totally healthy.
    Iīd do some HIV exams too.

And well, I donīt like weed because it takes me some energy of sex activity... too bad for me.
    Good luck

Thanks for everyone's opinions on my life style and intelligence. I'm just glad you guys have all the answers. My reasons for using drugs are my own, as are yours, and I trust I don't have to point out the hypocrisy of a herd of insecure steroid -users telling me I shouldn't be putting foreign substances in my body to alleviate some other, deeper problems. Bear in mind, I use steroids as well and am very much into bodyuilding and I know exactly why I do it. We're more alike that you'd all care to think. So save the self-righteous speeches please.

I haven't touched any drugs in about 3 weeks, thanks for asking. As for the vitamin C, I've been supplementing with it at about 2-3g a day now as of a week and a half ago. i lowered my anti-e intake since that can effect my immune system though I did just start with 1.25mg of bromo a day before bed since I have a suspicion that the gh might have caused some prolactin increase or something and hence the troublesome nip issue. I've confused myself though and was hoping for some help on this: I can't recal iff bromo increases gh production (though i think that it does) which is confusing me as to why the gh might cause gyno. I know there's a simple explanation here but I'm too tired to research it again. There's no way that on 10mg of d-bol a day I need both l-dex and letro and nolva. So, I'll keep the l-dex going with a bit of nolva to keep my cholesterol levels somewhat okay. I believe I have bronchitis from smoking too much (my mother has the same thing). I have been sleeping about 12 hours a day now and am feeling better. Also, the d-bol was a bridge. I had hoped to compete in the spring, hence the gh and d-bol to lead me into another cycle soon, though with my student loan payments pending and my parents no longer wanting me living in their house I may have to rethink that.

Thanks to Rickson and everyone else who stuck up for me. I appreciate it and I am well aware of my mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Yeah, i agree. He's been banging a ton of chicks at his office.
    I'm not working at the office anymore, hence my leave of absence online. I've been bouncing and moonlighting as a convenience store clerk.

Smoking anything is detrimental to the mucocilliary "ladder" in the respiratory tract, allowing for an increased susceptibility to respiratory tract infections....hence the bronchitis.
    No offense, but if you don't want people "judging" you about your using narcotics, don't mention it in your post. If you believe it was relevant, then be more specific as to exactly what you're using, and that may help to answer some questions regarding the health problems.

Rob Scott is offline New Member
    Nathan, no judgement here. It sucks to be sick. All the compounds you're taking (including weed, alcohol, etc.) can be somewhat immuno-suppressive. In addition to laying off some of that stuff and seeing a doctor, you might want to try anti-oxidants including Vitamin C (4000mg/day), Vitamin E (1600 units), N-A-C, CoQ-10.
    Also, weed increases estradiol levels if I remember correctly, which could contribute to the gyno taking longer than normal to go away.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Nathan,

I am certainly not going to lecture you on your lifestyle. Like Rickson said, the Mods have earned their title. And for all of the people here on the lecture circuit, I don't recall him asking for your advice on his choice of lifestyle. Nathan, although a bit out there at times, is a very knowledgeable person, so let's leave it at that.

Besides the narcotics, marijuana, alcohol, and the other drugs you are taking that you listed above, is there anything else?? Part of the problem is the combination of these drugs that is suppressing your immune system leading to your chronic problem.. If you are resting enough, adequate water intake, supplementation(vitamis, minerals), and have been off of the drugs, then you may need to go in for some blood work and maybe some additional testing..I'm not sure of your sexual lifestyle, but it may not be a bad idea to get an HIV and Hep test so that can be ruled out altogether..Best case scenario you are just suffering the flu and/or severe cold..Illness is ramapant now and with the nationwide weather fluxuation, it is only getting worse..If you have any questions, PM me so we don't have to defend you here on this thread..

Doc M

And Magnusson, weed is not great if you are a bodybuilder..Unless you have cancer, gluacoma, or just like to get stoned, there is no real benefit to smoking pot..

When, in my earlier post, I asked how much pain medicine we were talking about, I in no way was making judgements about your personal life. The answer would simply help me determine if this may have been playing a role in how you felt. As someone who has had his own issues with narcotics in the past, I'd be the last person to cast stones. Sorry for any hurt feelings.

magnusson is offline Junior Member
    Medically theres no benefits of smokin herb, I haven't smoked for a while, but it does not negatively affect our ability to build muscle and burn fat and Its a GREAT tool to bump your appetite, it puts B12 to shame. Also its helps most to rest and relax as well as sleep, which are all very neccessary in this game.

I am now taking:

1mg of l-dex a day
    1.25mg of bromo a day before bed
    10mg d-bol in the am
    3g of vitamin C
    multivitamin
    2 puffs from an inhaler
    5g of creatine (sort of) a day

That's everything. I've lost some weight and am not prepared to let the gyno do whatever the **** it pleases so I've settled on that. I've been sleeping about 12 hours a day. I'm not especially promiscuous and I highly doubt I have AIDS though I'll get some blood work done in the near future. I am feeling better and have been to the gym the past two days now. I've still got a retarded amount of mucus build up and am tired with periodic headaches and some coughing. Doctors have been useless - I've been twice and they've told me to stay ou of the gym and get lots of rest which I've done. I suspect I'll be alright soon and if not then I'll go back to a doctor. You guys provided some helpful posts and I appreciate it. No hard feelings with anyone of course, as per usual from my end.

And I'm with MAgnusson - weed helped me in a few ways but I over did it and won't do it aain to that extent. Thanks and if anyone has any follow up advice I'd be very appreciative.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Sorry to hear the current situation bro. Just as some have stated above I would get a full blood workup and get tested for mono and the other possible problems. I t won't hurt thats for sure and it will give you a baseline, somewhere to start. Along with the other advice of vitamin, water and other things it looks like you are good to go on them. I know I have been over the flu for 2wks now but I still feel energyless unless I take in caffeine, or ephedrine. Yeah it's a combination of this weather, being sick and near the end of my cycle but I have never felt so run down. On top of that the holidays. With the new year here I would also say go clean, step back and look to where you want to go. Good luck hope things get better.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    While I don't wish to make light of this thread, I do find it particularly necessary, given my desire for the thing, that it once again be pointed out that, in the tragic, tragic event of your death, ownership of your mini-fridge reverts to me. Rest assured I don't want it so badly that I'd actually set up some kind of voodoo altar in my bedroom with seashells and glue that i was able to buy at Michael's crafts for seven bucks to set certain events in motion or anything....but i DO want it. You know, in case.

Big Green, you are aware that John Ascroft regularly peruses these boards for evidence of heathen activities. It's bad enough you show evidence of attending a liberal eastern institution of higher education, but voodoo! This can only lead to incarceration as some type of enemy combatant. I share this out of my deep concern for the safety and well being of all members of AR.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    While I don't wish to make light of this thread, I do find it particularly necessary, given my desire for the thing, that it once again be pointed out that, in the tragic, tragic event of your death, ownership of your mini-fridge reverts to me. Rest assured I don't want it so badly that I'd actually set up some kind of voodoo altar in my bedroom with seashells and glue that i was able to buy at Michael's crafts for seven bucks to set certain events in motion or anything....but i DO want it. You know, in case.

You bastard! If you're going to make fun then the least you could do is also comment on what you think of what I am now taking and whether or not my immune system will ever come back with my takin that small amount of stuff. I'm dizzy.

Thread Information